Fuck, just listened to this for the first time and have't stopped for a day or two now...

Fuck, just listened to this for the first time and have't stopped for a day or two now. Are there any other albums like this out there? Just a colourful, brilliant party from start to finish?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!nxJmmQbC!BtuhQY94Il3TcYMUavis2wuxbiQR_VtVgHJbbSSK9W0
whosampled.com/The-Avalanches/
youtube.com/watch?v=F8BgfqVE-kY
youtube.com/watch?v=r_1C9x1wbOc
youtube.com/watch?v=VugyYKHU-UM
reddit.com/r/theavalanches/comments/2zj33i/24_and_counting_of_the_avalanches_mixtapes_live/
youtube.com/watch?v=A9T65A_jaGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wildflower

Been meaning to listen, but it's not on spotify yet

this is like SILYs fucked up, dark child. uses a lot of samples and dark beats.

well, if you want a party hosted by two rich as fuck niggas then here you go. Maybe it wasn't really the answer you were expecting, but hey, it's a party from start to finish

GIRL TALK

Night Ripper and Feed the Animals

Cheers, I'll have a listen.

Well you're not wrong I guess

>Just a colourful, brilliant party from start to finish?

Screamadelica and Discovery remind me of your description

Also the first albums of Camp Lo (they were sampled on SILY actually) and The Pharcyde, though they're hip hop groups but the summery vibe's there

it won't sound anything like SILY but it's a colorful party for sure

mega.nz/#!nxJmmQbC!BtuhQY94Il3TcYMUavis2wuxbiQR_VtVgHJbbSSK9W0

Just listen to the flac version.

Are you guys fucking for real? That album is seriously the most boring album I have ever heard. After the 3rd track I just got to turn it off.

Paul's Botique

AHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA

Are you fucking kidding me if you dont like two hearts in 3/4 time you have shit taste.
how the fuck have you barely listened to it but i barely looked up the samples used and it makes you appreciate 2 completely different songs
whosampled.com/The-Avalanches/

>W0
0/10

My man you are in for a treat with this one. PLEASE listen to it.

Excuse for not having the same taste as you but there is no need to sperg your autism.

its objective not taste based you fucking pleb.

>Having an opinion after 3 songs

Stop breathing

If you've only heard the Spotify version of Since I Left You you should download the Zomba promo, it has a bunch of samples and an entire awesome song that were later removed for legal reasons

Stop breathing, breathing for meee
Write it on a postcard

Not OP, but do you have a download for this?

Isn't this just the apple music leak in FLAC? It's not on what

Check out Luke Vibert

youtube.com/watch?v=F8BgfqVE-kY

Soulseek is your best bet I think.

Jamie xx- In Colour

HAHAHAHHAHAHA THIS ALBUM IS PURE SHIT

It just reminds me of the first few tracks

>not listening to the non-censored version
D I S G U S T I N G

Give this a listen. The first track is a bit slow but good, but the rest of the album is a party.

not albums but
youtube.com/watch?v=r_1C9x1wbOc
and
youtube.com/watch?v=VugyYKHU-UM
are probably quite close to what you're after

This..First song is god tier

OP just listen to their mixtapes. In b4 reddit normies or whatever summery cuckery you guys have. Start with "Some People" and move onto "Soca! Sirens! Brains!". There is so much material there that it will take at least a solid year to go through.

reddit.com/r/theavalanches/comments/2zj33i/24_and_counting_of_the_avalanches_mixtapes_live/

what mixes are the closest to some people and gimix? i've heard a few others but they weren't quite as upbeat

Its difficult to say. Maybe Soca Sirens Brains set at St Jeromes (#26). Songs from the Silver Screen is really really good

Big Tent @ splendour is pure party but not as cerebral as the other mixes but that's to be expected if you're playing live.

I really do not to be honest about all the other mixes as I'm still going through them myself since March. I will say the INCU mixes are really good as well as the cornerstone and Big Breakfast mixes. I think the mixes that are heavy on Calpyso/Soca and 60s americana (Van Dyke Parks and Beach Boys) are their most stand out stuff.

cont. Maybe listen to the mixes around the same period that those 2 mixes were released. You can see a progression but there are still essential recurring elements that they use as a base onto which they mix with i.e. recurrent use of Bobby Brown and the Jackson 5.

thanks. started listening to their big tent set which is really good.
>Maybe listen to the mixes around the same period that those 2 mixes were released.
i'll check some of those out then. the use of bobby brown, the jackson 5, and new edition mid way through some people was easily my favourite part

You only think that because Pitchfork gave it a good score.

Breezeblock

I loved the way they finish their set with Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi where they switch tracks on the crowd before the big drop on that final chorus. That deceit they pulled on the crowd was the best. Fucking love those guys

This. With My Baby is awesome

Check out some Future-funk like Sailorwave or Saint Pepsi.

Same constant disco vibe, but less nuance with the samples.

Coldcut- Let Us Play!

Death of Grips - Mr. Grips and his Band

More like last song is god tier.

You should love this album, personally like it more than SILY. A somewhat similar feeling, but it's a bit more upbeat and fast paced.

Handsomeboy Technique

>>correct

youtube.com/watch?v=A9T65A_jaGE