What haooened

what haooened

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything on that image is shit, pop "music" is not music

Stop being 14

If I were 14, I'd listen to pop music. Adults should only listen to art music and traditional music.

>implying Sup Forums ever gave a shit about Christgau

Why

Fantano and Scaruffi where the same era faggot

Scaruffi > Anthony > Christgau > Markel

Because pop music is only made for monetary gain, traiditional music is the music of the common people, art music (with the exception of modernist Atheist art "music", which is not music) is a form of worship of the one true God

tips

Found the Atheist degenerates. Go tip your fedora over at r/atheism, music is a Christian art.

You mean these Sweet Trips?

>he still believes in god
you physical realmers crack me up

call me when you've transcended into the spiritual realm and have connected with our divine creator ra'am al sha|mus

WITNESSED

what the fuck that chin

You don't actually like music
Why are you here

What is wrong with To Be Kind and The Powers that B.

Enjoy burning in hell.

God punished him for becoming an Atheist.

hell is on the physical realm, child :^)

if ive already transcended, how can i revert? dont bother posting on this board until you understand the basics of planar travel

music existed long before christianity you fuckwit

lots of popular music is made with an artistic statement in mind, and lots of popular music is given away for free without monetary gain involved. you're a young teenager.

That's funny, coming from someone who only listens to degenerate pop "music". The "music" you listen to is the most simplistic garbage imaginable and is only made to be sold and to promote hedonism.

You're laughing now, but that is going to change when you will have to face the consequences of your actions.

>implying emotions that simple exist on the spiritual realm
kek
literally a fetus in the eyes of any spiritual realmer

Too bad it's not worth listening to.

>lots of popular music is made with an artistic statement in mind
No, it's only made to sell records and to promote hedonistic values.
>lots of popular music is given away for free without monetary gain involved
Only to sell it later on, when the "artist" has gained attention for giving his early works away for free. All popular music has a target audience.

I don't wear a fedora because I'm not an Atheist.

Popular/rock music can be much more than "simplistic garbage".

Listen to these:
Yes - Close to the Edge
The Velvet Underground - Sister Ray

le trole : D

see

hoho

>Popular/rock music can be much more than "simplistic garbage".
>Sister Ray
pls

good old Sup Forums calling historic and artful rock songs bad

if you were 14, why wouldn't you listen to art music and traditional music, instead of pop? don't give me any of that "le less developed brain" stuff because a lot of people i knew as a kid listened to your "art music" as well.

>it must be good because it is old
>the meme

:)

Everything you listed is garbage. The latter example even proves my point, degeneracy is all Lou Reed ever wrote about.

Obviously no one should listen to pop music, but it's understandable if children like it because it's extremely simplistic music.

wait what's so bad about marcel? he posts some really good obscure stuff i wouldn't have found out about otherwise and offers a wildly different take than most contemporary critics.

marcel pls go

that doesn't answer my question retard

whatever you say marce now go to bed

that still doesn't answer my question

alright marcel

XDDDDDDD

You realize that probably more babies listen to classical than adults, right?

Listening to music and understanding it are not the same thing. That's why pop music is popular among children and manchildren, most songs are only two or three chords over a simply rhythm, a monkey could understand them.

So what if the lyrics are "degenerate"? I'm talking about the music, not the lyrics. Musically, Sister Ray is possibly on par with many classical compositions.

I didn't say Marcel is bad you fucking retard. I'm just ranking him the lowest among the four, that's it.

>So what if the lyrics are "degenerate"?
Lyrics are the only aspect of music most people understand, it is therefore the one that influences people the most.

>Musically, Sister Ray is possibly on par with many classical compositions.
It's three chords over 18 minutes. People only praise it because it's edgy and because of the terrible recording quality ("muh noise rawk").

Sister Ray is 3 chords for 17 minutes.

holy shit

look at this fucking child

spiderland, crimson king, filosofem and notm are the only good albums there
fight me

Ahhhhhh... I missed that game.

czeched

You have still not rebutted my claims and only post a reaction image. It seems to me that you're the one who is a child.

>pop listeners consider this on par with many classical compositions

wew lad, you know this board is 18+ right? shouldn't you be in bed or something?

there is so much more going on during that song than 3 chords. it is not just 3 chords

>"pop listener"
>"art music"
> "modernist Atheist art "music""
see or rather:
You don't actually listen to music
why are you here

Not an argument

Well, the audible part consists of only three chords, everything after that is hardly recognisable due to the extremely poor recording quality.

Stop projecting.

>"wow le edgy comeback xDDDDD"
>someone memes at him
>"THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT IM HAVE A SERIOUS CONVERSATION ABOUT GOD"
>he memes at someone
>????
I have better things to do with my time

This is a music discussion board, maybe you should try [s4s].

both are revolting tbqhdesu

you realize that "Christian rock" does the same thing as "pop music" and its marketed to your fucking Christian audience to make a quick buck. it's one of the worst genres and youre implying that

a: only Christians write good music
b: Everything on OP's pic is pop music. its not.

with you're logic, pic related is better than Loveless.

define your fucking terms before you trash pop music.

I think to fear pop music is just as pleb as not being able to listen to anything other than pop.

this
if you can't groove out to some nice rock, jazz, or hip-hop, and listen to music only for intellectual purposes, you are either
a: pretentious
b: don't actually like music
c: literally autistic
d: all of the above

>a: pretentious
Not listening to anti-intellectual music is not pretentious, it's the right thing to do.

>b: don't actually like music
>people who don't share my taste in music don't like music

>c: literally autistic
See a)

"Christian" rock music is not Christian.

>a: only Christians write good music
That's the truth.

>b: Everything on OP's pic is pop music. its not.
It is. Everything on the OP picture was just recorded to be sold.

>with you're logic, pic related is better than Loveless.
They're both equally terrible.

I can't believe you managed to rope this many people in. Good job user.

whaatttttt

Sweet trips, you're my favorite user/meme

Not an argument.

then you dont seem to understand that pop means popular and everything, I mean EVERYTHING, can be pop.
Just see, classical music was the thing centuries ago so it makes it pop because everyone listen to it.
do you enjoy music?
>I understand music you dont
Im pretty sure you dont have friends

I'm not arguing with you though.

No, popular music is music recorded to be sold.
Art music is music preserved through notation.

>Im pretty sure you dont have friends
Projection.

wow ur so much better than me i wanna be ur friend :^)

>art music
>"art music"
how do you even define art music? isn't music an art form? is it music made for the sake of being art? if so, there's pop songs with more noteworthy reasons for existing

Not an argument.

>Art music is music preserved through notation.
I answered that question in the post you replied to.

>isn't music an art form?
Only art music is art.

>is it music made for the sake of being art?
Good art music is made as a form of worship.

> if so, there's pop songs with more noteworthy reasons for existing
Wrong.

art1
ärt/Submit
noun
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
"the art of the Renaissance"
synonyms: fine art, artwork
"he studied art"
the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
"the visual arts"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music

>tfw art music-kun has returned
>tfw plebs too lazy to google art music and getting mad at the term

I just thought it was some edgelord, not an actual thing

Art music is art music, but all music is art, if that makes any sense.

No, only art music is art. Pop music is a product.

And products can be art.
Example: books are art, and they are sold.

people on Sup Forums don't really talk about Barter 6 tbqh famalam

Musicreviewingthony Godtano is better than all of them

Nice.

absolutely based

>Only art music is art
>Good art music is made as a form of worship

epin

no, look dude i think i get what youre saying. you're saying that only music that's made for the pure good of it is the only meritable music. not true, ALL ART is designed to generate an income in a campitalistic environment. real art takes dedication, time, and a love for the craft, and that's it. it has nothing to do with whether the artists are selling their stuff or not. everyone fucking does that. In this culture, it can't be a side project that's free for the public, nor is everyone entitled to free art.

However, where you're wrong is telling other people that the passion they have for their "pop" music isn't authentic. fuck you. the one thing in common people have on this board is a genuine love/appreciation for music, which a lot of people don't have.

enjoy you're avant garde bullshit, and the pretentiousness that comes with the genre

no

GOD IS REAL

good jab

Why can't anyone on Sup Forums just enjoy the music they enjoy and not care about what music other people like?