/daily/ - The Boys Log the Frick On Edition

The year is now half over. Have you spent it wisely?

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, laugh profusely at Jangle's Thrift Tourney, regret life decisions, and just let the good times role.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>The topsters that actually works. What a novel thing!

topsters.net/
>more like top kek am I right boys

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>plug a snug

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug when plug ain't pluggin

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're gay.

Most importantly, back up your files.

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RJL3hurP
youtube.com/watch?v=8_lOVWSpG7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for lol

lol

is it good /daily/?
lets get a consensus

No.

yeah. /daily/ will probably hate it because it's sort of popular but I enjoyed it.

I at least hope people don't latch on to the Electro-Swing thing and can at least find a creative reason to dislike something other than memery.

Not listened to it but I didn't like their first so I'm not rushing to hear it, I'll get round to it eventually though.

>>more like top kek am I right boys
How cruel

>laugh profusely at Jangle's Thrift Tourney

well this is kind of a mess so far.

pls participate tho

pastebin.com/RJL3hurP

im in the same boat as for now
only heard frankie sinatra and found it okay

it's officially being released on my birthday though, so it's bound to be a huge letdown

i hope the people who do like it latch onto the electroswing thing and find out they actually dig the style :^P

:/
:(

but do you like that about it

>HO CHI MIIIII
>GAAAH!

What did they mean by this?

Disc one was left-overs and a lot of songs I'd heard before, but even though it seems to get the most flack here, I very much enjoyed it. The most like his oldest material, and I didn't mind that at all.

Disc two was definitely best. Every single song was on point, and imo his most original material. Adding the high pitched (I believe male) vocals in the background gave some much needed variation to this somewhat same-y box set.

While disc three had a lot of AMAZING tracks (Redemption song, Father and Son (with Fiona Apple), and Cindy (with NICK CAVE)) it still was the most wishy-washy imo. That's pretty unavoidable in a box set such as this probably.

Fourth disc was all hymns his mother taught him, and the most original of the four. Extremely spiritual/lifting, and I'm glad they break up some of the monotony, making one constant sit-through very manageable.

Disc five, while kind of just a seemingly greatest hits snoozefest, deceptively contained some of the best tracks across the set, though again, is sort of wishy-washy.

Overrall, if you have enjoyed Cash to any extent, or are a fan of Americana/Country to any extent, I'd really easily rec this.

>Four days of Pekinese Pop Music

Godspeed.

hey fish did you see this

shits been downloading for nearly half a day now. Hopefully it'll be finished by then.

well now I did xP

:(
it just feels like too much is happening. the autotuned vocals, the sound collage sections, the random rock breakdowns, the lyrics copypasted from wikipedia, there's just too much to take in. i love albums that are all over the place, but it just feels like there's no underlying theme between the sections, no continuous thread that says "oh yeah Ted Hearne made this". plus, too many of them just sound...bad. the autotouned vocals in peticular are just not good. at all.
i imagine this is what Hawaii Pt. ii sounds like to people who don't like it.

>Corrupting classic memes

I'll see your head roll for this.

why paint cropped it like like this I'll never know but THIS is what I was trying to show whoops

You downloaded that Even Oxen album off me you lil whippersnapper.
I'm telling Bear on you!

but weren't u the one who provided him a free download to begin with :^)c

not a good look

>i imagine this is what Hawaii Pt. ii sounds like to people who don't like it.
Pretty much. But it's also the general vibe, plus I just don't really like neopsych stuff.

Mods are asleep

Post Doopees

fair enough.

I've been on holiday for the past week and don't feel like finishing June. So fuck it, its time for July

>Mercyful Fate - Melissa
>Heavy Metal

Satan worshiping fun, this is the kind of shit that scared good christian parents back in the 80's. The music is heavy and evil, sort of reminiscent of Black Sabbath in a slightly more intense way. The vocals are hella falsetto, they might turn you off if you not use to a King Diamond sounds like a possessed old women. I myself consider it to be part of the charm.

>California Sun - s/t
>psychedelic

If you don't know who the Savage Young Tatterbug is, I recommend to check him out. He's has this possessed blues singer who took waaay to much drugs and taped into the spirit of a america with ancient recording equipment. Its fun, weird, and strangely whimsical.

Its much of the same here with his side project California Sun. But this time with a leaning towards 60's rock. So now its all above but slightly more catchy. I enjoyed this, but with most of this guys projects, I wish it was a bit longer. A rough 18 minutes doesn't seem long enough to get a handle of this experience.

RARE Doopee music video

Do not share with non-Doopees

youtube.com/watch?v=8_lOVWSpG7M

Now THIS is Doopee.

>Mulatu Astatke - Ethiopiques 4
It's a bop, bois. Astatke rivals the western jazz greats while sounding very little like the Miles Davises and John Coltranes of this world. Funky, danceable, while also very chill and basically just dang good. Pretty bad recording quality, though. 3.5+

>Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
I'm gay. 3.5-

>Robert Ashley - Automatic Writing
Lacks the spoken word that made Private Parts such an engaging affair, but alas, this is still good in its own way. French whispering, Ashley moaning incoherently, some unidentified clanking sounds, and a nice organ in the background that juxtaposes the creepiness of everything else on here. Could have been shorter, but the atmosphere building (and a cute concept, seeing how Ashley apparently had trouble speaking coherently because of Tourette's at this point in his life) of it is good enough to warrant a nice score, still. 3.0

>Ambarchi, Jaeger & Rushford - Pale Calling
You know, it's pretty nice ambient musique concrète, nothing you should be surprised by if you're familiar with Ambarchi's material. It's just that to me though: nice background music. Never truly grabs my attention, and it's not like this is the best in its category either, so while I enjoy it, it's unlikely I will listen to it more than a couple of times. 2.5+

>Death In June - Nada!
A confused record by a confused band. Cliché "we're so dark and edgy woo" neofolk on one hand, dark synthpop on the other, and neither succeeds most of the time. The neofolk on here is just mediocre, whereas the synthpop varies in quality, occasionally resulting in Depeche Mode-style bleak bangerz, but oftentimes falling short because the dudes of DI6 don't have the fucking songwriting chops to back their sound up. I didn't find "But What Ends" very interesting due to a lack in variation, but switching between two genres that make little sense together was not the solution to this problem. (a generous) 2.0

>I'm gay

wdhmbt?

The doops are poops

that he is attracted to and likes to have sex with men, most probably

wdhmbt

have another doop

Doop 2 old >:((((((

Haino is p Doopee yeah

I didn't really like the Astral Weeks, it sounded to me like trying to sing soul with generic folk in the background. But there wasn't anything bad with it, there were some moments that sounded pleasant for me, but it wasn't interesting for me.
I like the Krasniy Albom, I like the lo-fi sound of it, the melodies and the vocal.

The Jam Session was great, I think that I need to listen to another Bird's album.

Listening to Aratamemashite, hajimemashite, Midori desu, it sounds fucking great, sadly I've got not even the slightest idea what they're screaming about. Lyrics nowhere to be seen.

What artists would you say are the Doopiest?

>Astral Weeks a 2.5
I'm gettin ready for some good keks from the rest of your chart.

Sachiko M / Toshimaru Nakamura / Otomo Yoshihide – Good Morning Good Night

This album scared the shit out of me. Everytime I'd begin to zone out due to 10 minutes of complete silence, someone would drop a toaster into a meat grinder. The noise on this album is what you'd expect from a bunch of c r a z y nippons, pure and minimal terror. It's a unique album and is definitely original. Listening to this album is a lot like pissing on an electrical fence, you need to try it at least once before you can actually say you've lived.

Listening to Stan getz, sipping on iced tea
Perfect hangover cure

Suki, my man

m e m e

Ok

I won $300 today thanks to Djokovic being a fuckup at Wimbledon. U.S.A!

sounds nice

nice pants

DOOP:

>This Heat - s/t
>Albert Ayler - Spiritual Unity
>Nico - The Marble Index
>Coil - ...and the Ambulance Died in His Arms

DOOPEE:

>Animal Collective - StGStV
>Death in June - But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter?
>The Red Army Choir - The Best of the Red Army Choir
>Arthur Doyle - Alabama Feeling

DOOPEE TIME:

>The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
>Hans Krusi - EX HK
>Doyle, Mizutani, Toyozumi - Live In Japan 1997
>Les Rallizes Denudes - Great White Wonder

ABSOLUT DOOPOLOGY:

>Doopees - Doopee Time
>Unknown Eskimo DJs - She Be She Strike
>Isidore Isou - Poèmes lettristes 1944-1999
>Michael Snow, Alan Licht and Aki Onda - Five A's, Two C's, One D, One E, Two H's, Three I's, One K, Three L's, One M, Three N's, Two O's, One S, One T, One W

keep that to your containment thread, and out of mine!

Only if you restrict animeposting to Sup Forums

Suki
Suki
Nanananana suu~ki
Or something like that
>I'm gay
Radiohead - No Surprises
Hochimi is like Chinese food i think

Sorry m8

>all that wank
ye no

I have lyric sheet if want

what?
i was just implying the meme is already there in the post I replied to you fuckwit

Cheer up friend

wow that's very convinient!

no i hate weed
never reply to me again

yo this songs of innocence etc thingy is p great, thanks for the rec :)

No fuck you

>>Isidore Isou - Poèmes lettristes 1944-1999

What's that?

Lettrist poems by Isodore Isou.

any of y'all know some good chamber pop with some jazz

It's suki suki anata wa todemo suki

literally me

Thanks Dawg.
I don't know Nip (wish i did) and i suck at getting lyrics right so thanks

hey weed boy, can't really find that Petit Moussa thingy except for one slsk uploader who isn't uploading. Mind mega'ing it?

The lyric sheet was printed for ants, so I'm uploading 1 at a time

nvm, the nerd suddenly started uploading.

thanks buddy, sadly I can read only like half of it cause of fucking kanjis, but it's better than nothing!

No problem, and there are some good sites that translate kanji through images. It helps studying a lot

would you mind sharing them?

Google Translate can scan images and tell you the kanji, and sites like jisho.org will give you the correct translation and meaning of the phrase. And if neither of these work, you can hit up a cornucopia thread on Sup Forums and try asking them, but 99% of the time you get sarcasm and no help

thanks!

And finally 9

just started pic related for my 1000th rym rating.

this is cool
i like this

Italy and Germany tied 1-1

musics punctuation

page 7 bump
ok Pygmalion is beautiful and Fish needs to pull his head out of his ass about it

Nah. I'll give it another listen for sure though.

>/daily/ will probably hate it because it's sort of popular but I enjoyed it.
Daily may be full of contrarians/reactionaries/call-it-what-you-will, but like all good contrarians, they display infinitely propagating meta-contrarian behavior. Wherein some contrarian decides to hate something because it's popular and then some clever ass decides to contrarily enjoy that pop music, and then some other ass decides to contrarily sidestep the whole binary deal and like anything and everything.

So where are you in the cycle, oh mighty Fish?

My ears were legit ringing after listening to this album. Spooky stuff.

I should add. Eventually some dude decided to go back to liking obscure shit only and the cycle repeats.

tfw penalties
tfw i'm too scared to watch

i mean how common is it for albums to have every track sound almost radically different from each other anyways

gib examples

RIP Italy :(

I watched deadpool on the plane. Most reddit film of all time?

yea either that or any other superhero flickshit