Did it really deserve a 1?

Did it really deserve a 1?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/discover/categories/music
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love the fact that this album has almost 0.5 points lower score on rym than their other ones

probably after the review

I think it is objectively worse than their other albums.

there are no albums worthy of a 1/10

As a person who likes DGD, yeah. It's their worse release thus far. They really need Jonny Craig back. He pretty much carried the band.

this

I personally give it a 3 honestly

it's pretty bad but he rated worse ones higher so i'm not sure

>not using the full scale
baka

So what's the best DGD album? Downtown Battle Mountain?

"These passages make 5 Seconds of Summer look like the next Minor Threat"
SAVAGE

whats the full scale broski?

There are 0/10 albums man, I can think of quite a few. Like the albums that are being funded on kickstarter because the walking tits can play a guitar and make noise with its mouth.

Post Hardcore is a bad genre, prove me wrong.

>There are 0/10 albums man
Not possible
>I can think of quite a few
Name them

I've never listened to Dance Gavin Dance but everything I've heard about them makes me think I'd be into them or think they're the worst band ever.

I like shit like Glassjaw and The Fall of Troy so are they similar to them or more scenecore rap-rock shit?

i get what ur saying, but referring to a studio album, no matter how terrible can't be a 1 or 0/10

did you read the rest of the post?

kickstarter.com/discover/categories/music

the kickstarter shit often becomes studio made

Listen to Rips by Ex Hex. That is a 1 out of 10.

why is there an entire thread just because Fantano made a new video

wow u r fkin dense

from 0 or 1 to 10

if there are no albums worthy of a 1/10, whats the point of having that score? the lowest youll give, lets say 3, is effectively the same as 1 or 0/10

Fugazi
Unwound
Probably not much else

>if it's not on a label, it's a 0/10
Yikes but did you even read all of my post?

sorry boys, im tired

Slint, Husker Du, and At the Drive-in

But sure, contemporary Post-Hardcore is trash

yeh but an album/film/whatever piece of art will often be worthy of some merit, so idk how you could say it's a 1. this is why i believe ratings are flawed in general

Can someone explain to me how the Post-Hardcore label got so fucked up? Why are DGD and Fall of Troy considered Post-Hardcore when they sound nothing like these artists

They are getting people to pay them to make shitty music, it's situational shittyness, whether or not the fucking music quality is good it's still bad.

Third wave artists mixed the aggressiveness of the first wave with screamo, now it's just shit

>They are getting people to pay them to make shitty music
All artists do it whenever anyone buys an album you retard

expect the album has already been made you dumbass

the lowest amount of detectable merit = 1/10

It's an odd genre. I love Fugazi, At the Drive-In and The Nation of Ulysses as well as The Fall of Troy, Glassjaw and mewithoutYou (and also obscure British stuff like Reuben and Jetplane Landing). But then there's a lot of awful shit that barely sounds like any of those bands that are considered "post-hardcore".

So has most of these. They are recouping costs. The difference is fans are fronting the costs directly instead of the label.

You are not intelligent.

Also a 0/10 is not possible because 1 is the lowest score on a 10-point scale

sorta similar to TFOT, post-hardcore, but less proggy though

i see how dumb my argument was now
yeh, 1/10 is valid

it's a pathetic, comically terrible album

marcel and fantano blew it the fuck out. then we had to listen to 15 year old dance gavin dance fans go on about how "YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND!" for weeks

>Also a 0/10 is not possible because 1 is the lowest score on a 10-point scale
It is possible. If a 10-point scale represents 100%
0/10 = 0 => 0%
1/10 = 0.1 => 10%
10/10 = 1 => 100%

How good is an album?
0% = not good at all
10% = somewhat good

Incorrect. That makes it an 11-point scale, doesn't it?

It's a 3 at worst, and a 5 at best

This has been discussed before. Scales usually include the 0 tacitly. 10-point scales do have 0.

I enjoyed this album a lot. I mean yeah, it's heavily flawed, Jon Mess's vocals and lyrics are nigh incomprehensible, and the lyrics that Tillian are given do not add up at all to how he delivers them.

That being said, I still think Tillians voice itself sound good. I think that and Matt Mingus's drumming are the main reasons I find myself coming back to it.

It's not really a good album, but somehow I still find it enjoyable.

>Scales usually include the 0 tacitly
Oh so as per your example, a 0/10 is best.

There were multiple examples with tacit zeroes and you picked the only one where that was the case.

No

Then it's incorrect. IN this type of scale, 0 is not used.
[citation needed]

0/10 does not represent 'best', represents 'worse'
0 is used in this type of scale.

>0 is used in this type of scale.
Incorrect, as seen in the pic here

I rated it a 0.5 on rym desu

Hated every second of it.

>Incorrect, as seen in the pic here
All of those scales in that pic use 0s. You were evaluated in a 10-point scale in your school. You could still get Zero. 'One' wasn't the worst grade if you did nothing on a test, for example.

Fuuuuuuuck,
>click the picture.
>There are multiple scales on that picture.
>only one of them has 0 as the best score
You are actively being retarded.

The new Weezer album is a 1/10 in which it only has 1 good song.

lol this isnt even a new video

meaningless. liars, nomeansno, akimbo, you could call basically anything post hardcore. death grips.

Oh which of those talk about ranking music?

>All of those scales in that pic use 0s
Which one discusses ranking music, whihc is what we are talking about?
>You were evaluated in a 10-point scale in your school
A B C D F is ten points?

>A B C D F is ten points?
See right side of the last example of When answering the question "How good is an album?" in form of a rank
See

>See right side of the last example of
That's not a ten point scale. It's a percentage out of 100
>When answering the question "How good is an album?" in form of a rank
So which one in that picture? I'm not seeing it. Try again maybe?

is this Fantano's alter-ego?
they practically have the same vocabulary.

that or deathstar

mingus and swan are really what keep me coming back to dgd all these years

Rips was solid enough on the hooks and a few of the songs at the end to where it was more of a 5/10 but I get it

now that album was fucking trash holy shit

Happiness for me (I also really love IG but don't tell anyone)

>Try again, maybe
Ok, here you go

Let me address the numerical rating controversy.

It does make sense to have a scale that encompasses ratings that will never actually get assigned to albums. EG the absolute lowest and highest numerical values that could possibly get assigned never actually do, because they represent a platonic ideal that can never actually exist in reality.

I've noticed his ratings have been increasingly radical over the past few years.

For a great example of this consider Scaruffi. He would never actually assign a 10 because it would imply no other album could ever surpass it. Such a rating could become fallacious once a better album indeed is released!

its opinion so who fucking cares.

if you didn't think it deserves a 1/10 well then there's your answer.

no, it deserved a 0

>when people rate art with the same scale used in schools
J U S T

Deathstar

Actually, there are a lot of good post-hardcore bands, try Frodus, Bear vs Shark, Hoover, One Last Wish, The Jazz June, NoMeansNo.

Moss Icon m8s..

Downtown and Deathstar (nickname for their self-titled 2nd album, for those who don't know) are their two best.

I'm a big fan of DBM2, personally. Kind of surprised no one else has mentioned it.

people who say there isnt a 0/10 have never been exposed to this

haha your loss, bub. Post-Hardcore is solid as fuck, but of course if you listened exclusively to hot topic-core bands then you wouldn't know that

I love dbm2 but I love the original more honestly. The funky vibes from DBM2 are pretty nice as well

It's a highly acclaimed album...

what's wrong with them? i just looked up a song and they seem pretty good. not really my kind of music but I don't see what's so objectionable about them.

have you listened to it? mercury rev is great but this album is terrible and nobody liked it besides the critics

ive never heard this band so i youtubed it and it was probably the worst music i've ever heard in my life

I will never understand the problem some people have with them, they're one of my favourite bands

I have a feeling people who say this have never been exposed to anything past Warped Tour postcore bands

its a bunch of nu-males screaming and throwing hissy fits
it literally sounds like the muscial equivalent of a 4 year old girls temper tantrum
its the worst shit of all time

Listening now. There's no way you can, in your right mind, consider this a 0/10. Maybe you're not thrilled by it, but it's got melody, rhythm, pleasant sounds, etc. What exactly is your argument for this defining value-less music??

>who is will swan

>using the term nu-male unironically
you clearly can't critique a band like DGD properly if you're just going to dismiss them as "screaming and throwing hissy fits"

it completely whiffs everything it tries to send in the listener's direction. the lyrics are unbelievably cheesy and cringe, the production stops the psychedelic elements and synths from having any effect by making them really weak and poorly EQd (shows a lot in the more intense parts where a lot of instruments come together), and the songwriting is actually not completely bad (heck senses on fire is almost ok) but when something tries to build up or introduce instruments it is never seamless and there seems be meandering before it gets anywhere. I enjoy bits and pieces but getting to those bits is a complete pain.

obviously i am biased against this album because its just a really bad experience everytime i make eye contact with it, but i have tried more than a few times to enjoy this and i never ever find anything to like in it. I hate the lyrics particularly, some of them are just insulting in their stupidity.

it is in the modern bastardized form
80s and 90s post hardcore is fucking god tier by and large

Nice shop

A 0/10 album woudl not try. WOuld not fail at anythign becuase it would not have tried. I honestly hate how fucking dumb you are.

congrats on being deaf!

mingus and swan are the only people who stay around for DGD, literally.