GUITARIST

GUITARIST
>studies music theory
>practices for years
>has thousands of hours of musical experience
>is literally at one with his instrument

SYNTH “”ARTIST””
>just turns a dial

Tell me, why do you listen to synth “””music””” again?

Synthfags on suicidewatch

Will they ever recover?

every guitarist i've ever met knew fuck all about music theory tbqhfampai

>that pic
I bet the person who designed it got nutted thinking of all the people who will think it's much more complicated than it is

does anyone actually believe this?

yeah retards exist dude

the vast majority of electronic musicians (even the good ones) use presets, so it's not like this is far from the truth

Guitarists do.

Synthfags have arrived to this thread to pebble their pro-synth propaganda

ABANDON THREAD

You forgot
>buys modular
>has more money than talent/creativity
It's a buchla so it is probably fairly complex

Can somebody name a modular synth using artist from this decade who is actually good

I like synths but modulars seem to be for dads with too much money making 16 step sequences of atonal buzzes and then just riding the filter on top of that

This man gets it. Every synth player wants to act like it's so hard to play the shit and takes so much time to learn, but you literally hold a key down and turn a dial.

A baby could play it.

I feel the artists who use modular stuff as gear and not an aesthetic don't brag about it.

I play guitar and synth

I play synth guitar

Ricardo Villalobos

that's not turning a dial

Fine, I'll take the bait.

1. Unless you are manually programming the notes using a sequencer, you're playing a fucking piano. I think most people would argue that the average piano player is just as likely to study music theory as any guitarist, and is equally "at one with his instrument."

2. I highly doubt that anyone who doesn't know what they're doing or who has no practice can literally turn on a modular synth, or a Buchla like you posted, and make any sounds that are worthwhile, let alone actually figure out how to use it.

Aphex Twin

Never bothered with theory, I just picked up a few chords. Does that make me a artist now?

I just figured most of the complexity is like, modulation matrixes and sequencers like the synth I use

ITT: Retards who don't know anything about synthesis.

>talking shit about synths
>doesn't know who Don Buchla is

>buys modular
>has more money than talent/creativity

I agree with this though.

hey look someone who isn't clueless

btw I'm a guitarist, own 0 synths.

it depends on what modules you have
a lot of the buchla modules are like 3 modules in one

buchla's are different than moog and moog-esque synths. Both have different design philosophies. West Coast (buchla) vs East Coast (moog)

how do you play a synth and not know this shit?

As someone who has used a modular synth pretty extensively, it's obvious that unless OP and others are merely pretending to be retarded, they don't actually know anything about synthesis at even the most basic level.

Furthermore arguing that any one instrument is harder, or more respectable than another is probably the most ignorant and small minded thing I've ever heard. Just play the fucking instrument that best suits your interests and goals as a musician. How difficult an instrument is to play has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the art that's made with it, and we all know that there has been some terrible fucking music made with guitars.

>how do you play a synth and not know this shit?
nice straw-man m8

Shut up, nerd

Oh god. Are you the guy who has the Model D that got all butthurt about synths and filters a few weeks back?

Studying music theory will likely make any artist a boring run of the mill artist, but yes synth stuff has always been easier and always will be. How hard it is to make has nothing to do with how good it is.
A guitarist can study and learn music for 50years and still be a shitty guitarist if he cant compose anything decent.

This thread reminds me of those 15 year old "metalhead" kids in school when they said something very similar.

>valuing talent over creativity

I pray this is ironic bait

>Studying music theory will likely make any artist a boring run of the mill artist
stop this bait. You have to learn the rules of music if you want to break them

I'm sure that belief has some merit. The psychology of creating music has many facets. A lot of factors shape the experience.

SAMEFAG

Lol the last ones a name fag