Was this the last masterpiece in rock history?

was this the last masterpiece in rock history?

nope, you're thinking of the seer by swans

>Loveless
>Leaves Turn Inside You
>Vision Creation Newsun
>Yank Crime
>Repeater
>FA∞
>Spiderland
>Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
All those are at least on par with Daydream Nation, if not significantly better.

>Loveless
not better but its a masterpiece for sure
>Leaves Turn Inside You
>Vision Creation Newsun
>Yank Crime
>Repeater
>FA∞
great albums but not a masterpiece
>Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
lol

Muse is still around, you know

So no.

heh

This

And Radiohead, Oasis, A Silver Mount Zion and basically a shit ton of music

these aren't rock albums in the sense that OP was implying

>Radiohead
>Oasis
>masterpiece

This album is truly matchless. You on the other hand sound like a pretentious douche for trying to make a point that there was not a rock masterpiece made since late eighties.

like the 4th best Sonic Youth record dude

DD is their best album and you have to be a massive contrarian to think otherwise

>DN

fixed

Which three would you put above it? I'm only up to Washing Machine but I would say their top 4 is
1. DN
2. BMR
3. Sister
4. Goo

>Loveless
Masterpiece
>Leaves Turn Inside You
Unwound has better albums
>Vision Creation Newsun
It's close to one
>Yank Crime
Good album but not a masterpiece
>Repeater
Masterpiece
>FA∞
LYSF is their masterpiece
>Spiderland
Masterpiece
>Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Meh

>>Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

I'm partial to Evol too, really don't know why everyone circle jerks around DD so much other than that opening track

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

>Ok Computer
>Loveless

OK Computer is not a masterpiece what the fuck are you talking about?
Loveless is a masterpiece tho

>OK Computer is not a masterpiece what the fuck are you talking about?
Why not?

EVOL actually seems to be the favorite around here lately, which makes sense seeing as it's sort of the transition between their more no wave experimental style and their straightforward alternative rock style. I don't really see the hype about it thought. I honestly can't think of a track on Daydream Nation that I don't like, and even though I don't normally like double albums (mainly for being longer than they need to) I can't say I ever get exhausted of it either. Every bit of it feels so essential, like it would be the same without even Providence. I just hear it as a creative distillation of everything they had done up to that point, and their personal tribute to punk rock.

its not innovative or groundbreaking. its just a very good pop rock album and far from being a masterpiece

Literally every second of OKC sounds interesting from a musical standpoint.

so? masterpieces arent only interesting

Is this what the new meme is these days? Hating critically acclaimed classics, including OK Computer? Jesus fucking Christ, you guys are getting ridiculous

>Oasis
>masterpiece
Why have you not ended your life yet, Montie?

I think the issue comes up when people hear about Radiohead as being pretty much the modern day Beatles, and then instantly think "Oh well they must be overrated, then." And so they dismiss everything they do, even if it truly WAS fucking incredible. Their first impression was overwhelming praise and fanboy antics, and that's what'll stick with 'em.

Or maybe they just don't like it.

Sup Forums is by nature contrarian. Although I have to say this is obscene, even Sup Forumscore is getting shat on. if Sup Forums wants to have ANY redeeming qualities this needs to stop

Yeah I been noticing this as well a lot lately. The generally accepted Sup Forumscore albums are all pretty great albums in the first place. Now I starting to feel embarrassed that I like them so much because I don't know where all this hate is coming from.

dubs of truth
kys Montie

nope i genuinely dont find radiohead's music to be all that fulfilling or enjoyable.. OK Computer would be my favorite of theirs but that really isn't stating much..

No, Tool's "Aenima" was.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the album and there's a lot to like about it, but a lot of people really only seem prepared to talk about the first half of DD even though SY has a massive discography that's all really cool

jesus you seriously have the worst taste ever you fucking child

>not mentioning spiderland

kek. i'm assuming you mean it's a masterpiece

Ok computer is one of the most influential albums of the 1990s as well as one of the best stop talking out of your ass contrarian

And it was also very innovative, it basically shaped 2000s Indie rock

Goo, Washing Machine, and Dirty are all better though.

/thread

>dirty
Yes
>goo and washing machine
"No"

Sister is best, senpai

>I'm only up to Washing Machine but I would say their top 4 is

what are you implying? that you never heard SY until recently?

Are You an astronaut by HUM

you got it f a m

No. The last masterpieces were from '97: Perfect from Now On and Well Oiled.

>matchless
but a match was needed to ignite the candle desu

"daydream nation is rock"
"no no none of what you're saying is rock"
"no not even stuff that focuses more on guitar and drums"
fuck off m8

you genuinely feel embarrassed because people on an anonymous image board are calling you names and not liking what you like? That's more a lot more sad then people hating on mu-core.

Or someone who has actually taken the time to listen to their 30 year spanning catalog and form their own opinion. Everything they did in the 80s is comparable if not better than DDN.

>inb4 HOLDS UP SPORK

>>Yank Crime
>Good album but not a masterpiece
>>Repeater
>Masterpiece
i'll cut u

friendly reminder there's nothing wrong with sporks
but this isn't their best album

Yes

Fuck no

Didn't Doolittle come out the year after?

i don't know to get into this album, i enjoyed the noise parts but the verses and choruses bored me to death

some help for this user?

>implying this isn't a masterpiece

patrician detected

every other answer in this thread is really fucking wrong

only correct answer, prove me wrong

protip: you can't

Only objective answer

lol, nope

perfect, an absolute masterpiece

I haven't been made fun of directly, I'm referring to more general hatred towards Sup Forumscore that makes me kinda doubt my tastes and sometimes if these albums or even any good. But that's more rarehonestly. 95% of the time I'm confident and secure enough in my own taste that despite what is said about Sup Forumscore, rather jokingly or not, I'll still love those albums to bits