twitter.com/AnonBabble

pic related

tfw no gf

>tfw both of these

iktf

It's crushing

i know that feel too

>tfw your music doesn't exist because you're lazy

If it's made on a computer there's a high chance it is. If not, it's already decent.

clyp.it/0dpm0yzc

>all electronic music is bad
>only music played with real instruments can be good

same my friend, just keep swinging

>tfw when want to make music but have no idea how to

>bought a new guitar two months ago
>no time to practice

>bought a new guitar 6 years ago
>only used it 8 times
>every time I try to learn to play I get upset at how much I suck and put it away

Start with major scales and work your way up.

>bought a new guitar 6 years ago
>practice a lot
>still cant play anything other than basic chords
fuck it i want to be a guitar god ;_;

iktfb

>thinking of starting an ambient project
>can't play shit for shit
ill be fine

Is it bad that I'm satisfied with most of my work? I can tell when something is shit though. Some of you just may be to hard on yourselves

nah
>panda panda panda
genius

i'm sure this is part of the reason why i think my music sucks. i just fail to see potential in things and give up on myself too quickly.

like i know i've heard certain songs by other musicians where i know if i wrote any one element i would throw it in the trash immediately, but somehow they managed to stick with it and finish the song, and turn it into something great.

i've felt this about the early work toro y moi and grimes for example. both of them made really simple rudimentary stuff but it's all great regardless, and i don't judge it at all for being slightly amateur the way i judge my own stuff.

>this feel
Im my biggest critic for everything and its horrible.I think great things about everything but for some reason anything i do never feels on par

Martin Lawrence

>tfw know how to make "good" sounding popular songs, but cant bring myself to do it because its so formulaic and boring

can you actually do it though

theory is fine, execution is fucking important

can you actually come up with the right sounds in your DAW to properly execute on your pop song idea?

>tfw your music is ahead of its times

abstract feel

good for you

>tfw no time to make music
>tfw this summer was going to be the one that me and my bro finally record our album
>tfw i have spend all my time studying for the MCAT instead
>tfw i dont really see my free time increasing in med school
Looks like im going square lads. Hold onto my bass tol i get home.

>tfw you have an idea in your head but you don't have the musical ability to make it

Everyone starts out making bad music.

You just need to learn music theory and put in at least 4 hours a day writing to get your music up to scratch.

Good music dont come for free, you gotta work for it

>record yourself singing or whistling it
>get a DAW like FL Studio
>Enter the notes until the idea is the same as what you have recorded

No real musical ability required. Just time and effort and torrenting a DAW or something

>tfw gf but my bad music

no my music is pretty good

thememes1.bandcamp.com/album/lonely-tales-from-a-ship-captain-and-his-crew

>learn music theory
how much of it do i need to learn, and could you recommend me some resources for doing so?

this

>tfw when you committed to working on music everyday for the past month and it felt like you weren't getting anywhere but a really cool track is starting to come together

good meme

c-can you review it Montie-san?

>this is the synth, it ruined music

no it didn

I think they were saying that it's easier to make bad electronic music. Anybody can open up FL Studio and make some shitty shit, but to begin making music using physical instruments you have to have an understanding of how they work, which usually leads to SOME music talent if you're dedicated.