This is the first time I'm visiting this board, can someone explain why this board is so hated all over Sup Forums?

This is the first time I'm visiting this board, can someone explain why this board is so hated all over Sup Forums?

go fuck yourself
lurk for the next six months at least then consider posting again

Plebs that got BTFO and ran back to other boards to cry about it.

Because Sup Forums is:

>Elitist but with shit taste (like a more generic /lit/)
>Has bad memes (like a more generic Sup Forums)
>Is more liberal than other boards without any intelligence behind the politic

Sup Forums is the hipster board. Nobody likes us, except for Sup Forums (bros for life) and /x/ (spooky music).

There are plenty of worse boards, and Sup Forums genuinely has a lot of cross-board posters.

hurr durr we're pretentious
hurr durr we're "hipsters"
hurr durr we're """""leftists"""""

etc

Because they have shit taste in music.

People get called out on their poor taste and then complain about it.

But is on the money. As a whole, Sup Forums themselves has pathetic and horribly generic p4k-core taste and doesn't want to admit it. Plus they've got increasingly childish with memes since 2012.

>Sup Forums is one of the more liberal boards
>Sup Forums likes kanye and a lot of various memerap
>a lot of people can't even into Sup Forumscore and think it's pretentious

Those are the bad criticisms, but also the most common. The rampant shitposting, inability for lots of people to move past Sup Forumscore, and pointless fixation on critics are justifiable reasons to dislike this board.

Yeah people have shit taste because they don't like NMH, Swans, Kanye, Vapormeme, Death Grips and other flavor of the month meme rap

The worst part of this board for me is that there is close to no actual discussion, people just say "this is bad/good/mediocre whatever while never actually providing Any sort of arguments or reasoning for why they think so, most opinions here are summed up in one sentence and people just respond with the same shit, if they disagree they simply call you pleb or something Without making an effort to explain why. 90% of all posts here are so generic they could have been Made by post-generating robots, you very rarely read something worthwhile here, it's mostly pointless anti-discussion
Also most people here are blatantly ego-obsessed and dont seem to realize themselves how insecure and craving for recognition they are, they measure their self-worth in how obscure the music they listen to. Sup Forums is at least funny, and most of the posters there are selfdepracating and self award and dont take themselves as seriously
It's a pretty good place to find music through

because Sup Forums is actually Sup Forums's most beloved board

>The worst part of this board for me is that there is close to no actual discussion, people just say "this is bad/good/mediocre whatever while never actually providing Any sort of arguments or reasoning for why they think so, most opinions here are summed up in one sentence and people just respond with the same shit, if they disagree they simply call you pleb or something Without making an effort to explain why. 90% of all posts here are so generic they could have been Made by post-generating robots, you very rarely read something worthwhile here, it's mostly pointless anti-discussion
Also most people here are blatantly ego-obsessed and dont seem to realize themselves how insecure and craving for recognition they are, they measure their self-worth in how obscure the music they listen to. Sup Forums is at least funny, and most of the posters there are selfdepracating and self award and dont take themselves as seriously
disregard this, i dont give a fuck about 99.9% of the faggots here
>It's a pretty good place to find music through
this right here is everything good about Sup Forums
also sharethreads...well before they became shitthreads

how the fuck can you have a discussion about music? you either like it or don't you can't explain it

xDDD
xD
worst argument against Sup Forums is that everyone listens to the same music

>they measure their self-worth in how obscure the music they listen to
I was with you up until this point. This is a non-issue, and I only see this on RYM now. The most exploring people actually do into avant-garde music is listen to TMR once and then shitpost about it. If more people just branched out like you're saying, this board would be a lot better.

Also I have no idea how you like Sup Forums. As bad as we get I don't think we'll ever be as bad as them.

Anons never support actual discussion threads. I always see grimes threads with 250+ posts while other threads get buried.

Hi Marcel

>people just say "this is bad/good/mediocre whatever while never actually providing Any sort of arguments or reasoning for why they think so,
that's because music is a really abstract artform/medium, and it's harder to discuss it than movies and literature
>you very rarely read something worthwhile here, it's mostly pointless anti-discussion
this is bs
> they measure their self-worth in how obscure the music they listen to
this happens on most boards
> Sup Forums is at least funny, and most of the posters there are selfdepracating and self award and dont take themselves as seriously
you're so new/clueless

That projecting on the last paragraph.

Also most posters here are just sheep who'll like whatever they're told to without really understanding the music.

"Everybody likes this album? well I guess I'd better like it too to fit in"

"I'm gonna hate on this album no matter what because Sup Forums said it was shit"

Hi! Welcome! This board is hated for the reason of overreactive hipsters calling you a pleb. They have some good introductions to more obscure music though. Here's one of the many list

The main reason people don't like us is because we're on multiple levels of irony while they're still swimming in the kiddy pool of just one level.

You can at least make an effort to explain what you like about something, or how it made you feel, anything more than "this is x"
Nothing wrong with exploring music, i was Talking about people using a certain artists popularity as a criticism. Like the way people disregard something as 'pleb' because it's wellknown

bad taste
unjustified superiority complex
basic selection
lack of variety
badly done post-irony
off topic memes

Oh God that's the worst.
>"Death Grips is fucking normie-core"
That shit triggers me like none other. I have some friends who I can't play the flaming lips around with out them looking at me like I'm autistic.

Oh, and add misuse of the word 'irony' to the list
Then again it's probably the most misused word out there, listening to a song while recognising thats it's bad is not irony guys, and it's not synonomous with the word 'sarcasm' either as many people seem to think

>he doesn't get that the bad post irony is ironic in itself.

>any of those albums
>even semi-obscure

yeah, its become so post-post-post-post now I have no idea whats happening

>implying average normie heard of most of these albums
Fucking idiot

Some of those albums are pretty rare for Sup Forums, and if it's rare for Sup Forums it's obscure, period.

Have you ever been in like a hardware store to buy a hammer and at the front checkout theyhave a cardboard bin with $1.00 CDs and you browse the titles waiting in line and you think to yourself who the fuck is this. i've never heard of this crap before and you toss the CD back into the pile? well Sup Forums is the people who actually buy and listen to those $1.00 CDs and share links to download them in threads.

Because everyone here is extremely narrow minded or pretentious snob

because :

And there you go OP, that's why people hate this board

Sup Forums's knowledge of a lot of genres that aren't broadly Indie and Hip Hop related is limited to surface-level essentials and a few straggling "obscure" mediocrities covered by popular online publications. When it comes to discussion, they're limited to a rote-recital of boring slang and shallow rhetoric.

Beyond that, yeah it probably is just butthurt Sup Forums-frequenters getting a groan on because we don't enjoy 'Verb the Noun' enough.

Verb the noun isn't as bad as plurals at least.

basically this
I'm not sure why I keep coming back here after like five years

full of leftist sjw faggots who have superiority complexes from listening to entry level p4k/scaruffi core

see comments like these:

>leftist sjw faggots

I miss the days when people here just moaned about music taste and 2deep4u without all this shit too.

I've a lot of good stuff that hasn't been promoted by big publications when I've either made threads or posted in good ones. Most of the time I'm too lazy to do that though. I think it's like how with your irl friends you can discuss very little and just fuck around when talking, you just loosely base your conversations around what you're both interested in. Sup Forums's basically that.

I'd argue that Sup Forums or Sup Forums is worse

Sup Forums - paranoid about everthing, make fun of you if you have certain fucking computer cases that either are too flashy or not flashy enough, can't get you a straight answer about graphics cards or operating systems without shitposts

Sup Forums desperately needs a separate celeb board

Sup Forums aint nearly as bad

this
april Sup Forumss day when?

Hello newfriend

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you kind of have to wait a while before you start posting here. Like if you haven't listened to any of the Sup Forumscore albums or if your favorite band is pleb shit then everyone here will make fun of you. So they go back to their home boards and complain because they're whiny faggots

8 years you twat

That's terrible

I know