>21
>Pharmacist

>21
>Web Developer

damn, real jobs. nice.

>Student/Musician

>25
>Planned Parenthood

i know, it sounds like im human garbage in writing. promise, im a legitimate professional freelance/session musician, classically trained, the whole bit.

i wish your parents had used your services

23 and I work at Lowe's

>22
>student/broke musician/well-paid programmer
>changes on the reg. This at the moment.

Abortion is literally a fraction of a fraction of what we do.

Why don't you just relax and go listen to your anco records or something?

ah, jealous of the well-paid programmer part.

the hell is cap'n jazz?

>CS major/USPS
>21

I am also all of those things, but to call it a job...

well, i dont do shit else and im able to pay for food and rent in philadelphia. i also go to curtis so dig.

Pretty sure they're a post hardcore band.

>20
>software dev
>Loveless, forever

sick yo

Thanks, loveless is probably my second favorite album

this is kinda cool. i can see why it would be a favorite if i was a sad boi. also surprise im drunk and will listen a good chunk of any record you guys post that i dont already know.

Happy Independence Day user (:

thanks desu, i live alone so this is what i do when im bored and dont wanna talk to people.

what appeals to you about loveless? i know its serious mu core and im listening to it for the first time. im at about a quarter chub but nothing special so far.

same I love threads like these almost better than chart rec threads

It is, without a doubt, overrated.

It's a decent album but it gets way too much credit on here

I just love the wall of sound and the buried melodies. When You Sleep and Sometimes are gorgeous. But I love the way it all kind of blurs together like a hazy dream. It's also sort of nostalgic for me. Reminds me of being up late or walking in the rain.

yeah man, i just like listening to the shit that has effected other peoples lives to see if it will have the same effect my favorite albums have had on me. i wish mu was more of just people checking out shit and discussing what it means to them.
im not trying to be a dick, it sounds like a cool record so far but it seems like its easy to forget that youre listening to it. theres no aspects constantly grabbing my attention. its good but im not hanging on every note.

it's a little hard to put into words why I love the atmosphere/textures on it so much but it's also sensual, dreamy, beautiful all while having both a general air of gleeful experimentation and some really incredible melodies.

there's not a ton to say about it substantially, for me at least, but lyrically and sonically it's an album that just kinda feels like the ecstasy of being in love, or having a great time/ experience w friends, or being in a city you love, etc. I don't enjoy it in a particularly cerebral way like I do good political records or something

I will say though I hated it the first time I listened to it and that it reveals itself to u w more focused listening + when you're in the right mood for it

>23
>been a NEET since I was 18
>pic

the blurred hazy dream thing makes sense. the ending melody to somtimes with the synth and and humming is pretty awesome. ive heard other stuff with this same vibe but this is probably the best ive heard it done. wall of sound? it doesnt sound that sonically overwhelming to me the way that other stuff does. also buried melodies, yeah, killin.

its starting to grow on me for sure. listening to when you sleep and i definitely understand what you mean when youre saying stuff about love. beautiful description user, thanks.

the fucks a NEET m8? also, yeah this is a cool record, listening to drive to the crystal planet rn.

I mean, it is from 1991, so even something like astrobrite will sound way more overwhelming in the wall of sound department

i was thinking more like classical or a lot of free jazz or sunn, like crazy drone shit is more of a wall of sound. this record sounds pretty tame in that department, but i also listen to alot of pretty out shit so maybe im just used to it.

Yeah, I get that. I heard loveless before I heard more intense wall of noise stuff, so to me I still associate it with that aesthetic, even though it's not that overwhelming.

seriously, this is sick.

ah, hate to see this thread die. i need more shit to listen to.

neet for a while now...I need a job

album name?
and again, whats a neet

how do you not know what a neet is....not to shit on you or be rude but be honest how long have you been on Sup Forums?

eh, like three months. im just on here looking for more records to listen to. i listen to like 5 or 6 new albums a day and ive run out of shit frankly.

not employed, in education, or training

here's a short list of good albums

I've been going in and out of NEEThood...
Tell me user, how do you do it??

>Audio Engineer
>20

ive listened to all of that besides some of the pitchfork core and almost no metal, i hate metal in general. aside from that, fuck your chart white man, ex. , insane album, just found out about it from this thread. charts are dumb and i hate that shit. dont give me a chart.

if you haven't listened to everything on there at least twice shut the fuck up

>20
>NEET

great album choice man, makes sense that an audio engineer loves it. song writing and over all sound is so goood/ahead of its time. it makes me think that george might have had more to do with defining the over all sound of the group then people think.

>18
>student

haha fucking why would i, most of the stuff on there i didnt like the first time. and the shit that i did ive probably listened to more times then i can count. another dank album im listening to cause of this thread that wasnt on your jive list man. charts are dumb, if u just listen to whats on charts then you miss sooooo much fucking amazing shit that pitchfork and mu doesnt usually jack off too.

go away Drake

>20
>I work the front desk at my college

drake? what?

the urban outfitters is strong with this one desu.

if you don't like somethin the first time listen to it again but louder

Oh, a person I went to high school with, not the artist.

>I might like Susurrate more than the EP

I've never shopped there in my life haha

I've just got a deep personal connection with this album. I was in the right zone when I listened to it for maybe the third or fourth time, and it really hit me

hahahahaha holy shit, i respect the dubs, but this is fucking retarded. thats not how music works m8.

fair enough, im the same way with emergency and i. its not a bad record. hipsters just jammed it so far up their ass i cant take it seriously, its almost a meme.

>18
>student
>pic

ive made that mistake before, but eastern european shoegaze? ur a weird little man arent you.

>19
>Currently work at Hardee's, (shit I know but eh it's a start.) Trying to decide what to go to college for and do with my life.

yes it is fuck your 'dubs' unless you listen to formulaic saccharine melodies most stuff won't be love on first listen

>18
>Rite Aid cashier

Yeah, I guess I got into For Emma before I could really comprehend music being a meme

boooooo, boooo, fuck this record, boooo, atleast the bitch on contra is hot, boooooooooo

Apologize to our lord and savior Ezra

...yes it is. if its actually good then i should know it the second i hear it but if listen to something and it doesnt make me feel anything then why bother m8.

wow, an 18 year old rite aid cashier that loves kreisberg? alright man, u got my attention here. why this record? i love jazz and im getting a masters in it so i've listened to a whoooolle bunch of stuff and kreisberg is killin but like this is your favorite record? ever? why?

>19
>student/musician/artist studying communications and philosophy
Not trying to pursue music but it is what I have the most fun doing. I'm thinking about working up to a managerial job working at CartoonNetwork/[adult swim].

because it's content is actually dense and requires multiple listens to fully appreciate
this is the part where I insult your intelligence and call you a child who needs easy listening albums spoonfed to him

I'm a jazz guitarist and his originals and takes on standards are really interesting and honest, if that's a word to describe it. I just love his sound and the overall flow and non-pretentiousness of the record. And obviously, it's Bill Stewart.
Also a big Grant Green and Pat Metheny fan

>musician is job
>"not trying to pursue music"
>"thinking about" working up to a very high-up position
wew lad

uuggghhh jesus man, yeah sure whatever, but if the record is dense and shit then it should still make me feel something the first time i hear it, right? i dont have to pick apart all the different guitar tracks and shit to know if it is sensitive music that connects with me on an emotional level. youre thinking too much. and also fuck off or whatever since were on Sup Forums and youre being obnoxious. if it connects with u emotionally than it does it the first time.

neet lyfe

oh nice man, have you heard much paul motian trio with bill frisell on guitar, shit is killin, like really really killin. im still surprised its your all time favorite but it is a good record, one of my favorite criss cross records. also im pretty sure me and larry grenedeir are the only people alive who play spirocores E-D with a velvet anima G so that makes me like him more.

>22 in 3 weeks
>Jimmy Johns but i just turned in 2 weeks notice last friday, going to try and get an internship at the TN aquarium working with the jelly fish. Also senior in college studying Environmental Science

ive never listened to sufjan, be honest with me senpai how good is it?

>20
>barista/sell stuff on Insta

if your mom is dead or dying I literally don't think anything could be better

but if you've let suffy into your ears maybe start with illinoise though they are very different albums

not him, but Sufjan is great because he covers many different styles of music. That particular album is really lyrically strong singer/songwriter stuff

Student/construction

thanks F A M, listening now. i dig, usually not much of a singer songwriter guy but in that vain i can see where this would be top teir stuff

>27
>Graphic designer

try illinoise desu

this is great but astral weeks...astral weeks.

i am, its good.

hows it feel to be the oldest person in this thread senpai?

student (mechanical engineering)

tell me about this record. how has it effected your life?

I like it

>22
>electrician

this album here:

fair.

I listen to a lot of instrumental stuff while I work so it doesn't distract me too much. The thing is this actually distracts me. It's really good.

This is my real answer, not my smug "I like it" answer. (this is me)

eh, just saying "i like it" was a better reason then alot of stuff ive heard. enough that im listening to it. i like it too.

Lotta youngins in here.
>29
>chemist/lab analyst
Pic

>in here
you realize you're a decade older than the average Sup Forums user

serious mu core that i havent heard yet, will i like it? why do you like it?

my life is shit, I study mathematics and work as a professor in a high school.

>19 as of today
>student

hbd, user. listening to the glowing man currently, interesting to see how swans has progressed from this