/daily/ - "tag team tastemania this sunday night only on PAY PER VIEW" edition

It's America Day, go imperialize some nations and eat hamburgers.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, continue Jangle's Thrift Tourney (it's a pipe dream), just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

topsters.net/
>how does a website keep constantly fucking up like this?

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, get taste!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rn9tzirks4
pastebin.com/RJL3hurP
youtube.com/watch?v=LkIWmsP3c_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reply to this post with a good record please

First XD

What countries should America occupy lads

I think Poland and the Czech Republic are due for another one

whats a bet Triple atche buries us all

Fucking owned dude try next time when you get good.

For i am a rain dog too

Neil Ardley - A Symphony of Amaranths
(also saw that you liked Sonny Criss, am glad)

STILL NEED 12 MORE PEOPLE FOR THE PSEUDO TOURNEY

Golden Pawn - This Lake Is a Misty Mirror (2013)
>drone, ambient

Fairly middling and predictable Bandcamp drone up until the last track, which is a really interesting and comfy droney psych folk track, lots of nice textures and neat instrumentation. Since this track takes up the whole entire B-side of the tape, I couldn't give this too low of a score, but the whole entire A-side just really is not all too enjoyable to listen to, very generic ambient that just sounds like someone dicking around with reverb and paulstretching in Audacity. Decent enough, but just boring and done better by about 8,000 other artists. But that last track, amazing stuff.

2.5-

You made it!
I listened to this some time ago but I did not like it. I dig Nick Cave a lot though, is there any Waits you'd recommend based on that?
Will check out.

me

post a pic to use as your icon
(trust me i know what i'm doing)

check

i want in

I want in

In but what do you mean by pseudo tourney
Duke Ellington - The Duke Plays Ellington: Piano Reflections

A fitting album for today

see
added:
(nice bill)
i'll explain when i get 24

Here's my icon

Yeah, what tag do you want?

my icon (rip Harambe)

It's secretly a tourney to see who can post the funniest meme image

:O

Really though what's with all the tourneys popping up lately

>Nigel Farage kills the EU and then quits politics

What's some good music for this feel?

fun

You could try Small Change

This one is more melodic and has some Nick Cave vibes 4 sure

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rn9tzirks4

harambe memes are the best thing to happen ever desu

I'm still crying tbqh

see

Um...yes???? Small change is his best!!

;_;

Anyone? Still haven't updated with s' score but I listened to everything here.

If it weren't so close to home it'd almost be a fun shitshow to watch

Gimme a sec 0:

kek, i forgot about this. You'll get mine this week.
nice digits btw.

Lot of chocolate

When dogs eat a lot of chocolate they given them this formula that makes them vomit up pretty much all of their stomach contents.

t. Dog

Thanks, you too.

Why don't you CHECK yourself b4 you RECK URSELF :^^D

btw Terminus I gave you 7 for your album. will wait for your next rec

Correct *goldstar*

Cool! I'll get around it
Do I get p& though.

O V E R K I L L
V
E
R
K
I
L
L

HOLY FUCCCC

DUBS DUBS

GOTDAM QUADFDDDDDFS

Literally 1.5 imho.

t. fishman

SomeDumbCunt? More like SomeAwesomeQuads!

working on it now. Was this with or without original tags?

You can have tags if you want. Most people had tags. Shamepai and s had memtags, that's fine too.

I'm just a lonely traveler who loves dubs

I regret every track not being live with clapping at the beginning and the end, would've been real neat clapping music. Tracklist here in case you're curious about any of the tracks.

Post the thrift toruney pastebin someone???

wow real deep professional wrestling meme there tuco, bet you cheer for Roman Reigns

alright while people are still hunting for images, i'm gonna give a summary of what the tourney is.
i did something like this before, but dropped out of it because i'm a /cuckboy/.
it's going to be a team based tourney, with 6 people on each team. there's going to be a challenge each round. each person in the teams will contribute a release that fit's the challenge's criteria. the team with the lowest overall score has two lowest scoring people in their team for that round eliminated, the team with the second lowest score loses one person, and the winning team gets an advantage that will vary from round to round. repeat until there is one winner.

When I was in high school Fall Out Boy were annoying emo bullshit to me. I just listened to Folie A Deux though and I actually really like it.

I still hate the rest of their work prior to it but I'm impressed. It sound much more mature than things like "Dance Dance" but still within the confines of their style.

Anybody here have thoughts on them, the album or other bands who have impressed you unexpectedly?

Oh boy. This'll be interesting.

fuggen fite me coont

I will make you proud*, senpai.

(* denotes the more appropriate terms, "not totally ashamed")

this me btw

I'll always have a soft spot for songs like carpal tunnel of love and Sugar. Will never crazy over them but they weren't absolutely terrible or anything

pastebin.com/RJL3hurP

their early stuff is a /biiiiit/ of a guilty pleasure for me, certainly some of the better stuff from that scene, but their more recent stuff is just fucking horrendous.

sounds hype

sorry my brain is shutting down so just couple o'words

Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts
Ok I just love arab stuff a lot, so this was instantly for me. I like both Byrne and Eno, and they made some real beauty here. Absolutely glad I checked this out. Not much more to say.

Paula Temple - Colonized

This kind of techno is something I listened to A LOT and will never get tired of listening to. Will wait for similar recs to come my way.

What would you deem to be early/recent?

early as in like From Under the Cork Tree, i've always had a soft spot for some of the songs from that, "Sugar, We're Goin Down" is a pretty solid song. but those recent tracks like "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark" and "Centuries" that i keep fucking hearing on the radio are dreadful.

this'll also be my pic for our chart
and you need a romantic record? will a breakup album do?

Me

Good digits

So what team am I in?

i'll announce it when i have everybody.
added
still need a pic bruv

I missed that Tom Waits album and have to go back to it later and I have a fourth of July party in ~6 hours but I'm gonna bowl through Bruce Springsteen, who I had never listened to before, all the way through Born In The USA in those 6 hours, currently on The E Street Shuffle

how does /daily/ feel about him? i admit i'm enjoying myself a lot so far

you should consider listening to their first album, it's almost just straight emo, no pop/thirdwave bullshit, if that's your thing

I keep forgetting, did you ever wind up droning me after I won that huge tourney?

Will do, chief. Thanks.

yep. all of your albums were pretty meh.

yo you don't happen to have spotify do you?
I've made a tracklist, but it's classical stuff and finding specific recordings is pesky, but easy on spotify and I could just make a playlist (less cool obviously)
If you don't, I'll manage to find stuff and mega it to you, but it may take slightly longer.

Oh
O-ok

What even did I rec you? Was there a chart?

ah yeah that album is far and away my favorite by them

im was thinking, how much does the internet have to do with the fact that bands of their ilk are even looked down upon? what if it wasnt around for them? i mean, sites like this one developed a terrible reactionary culture, or maybe pitchfork before it became billboard a couple years ago but idk?
like im just looking at rym, comparing their ratings to those of like, Styx, Kiss, AC/DC, etc that all have pretty decent averages but they're the same kinda timely bread and butter, what if the then-would-have-been of metal kids and Sup Forums kids got to shit memes on them at the time?
is it just the zeitgeist? idg how zeitgeist even fucking works

are they actually worse? no way in hell.

what im saying is there was literally nothing wrong with emo pop and scenecore, nor nu metal, at least not _that_ wrong
and also that my perception of critical reception is skewed by mostly remaining comfortably seated in the Sup Forums bubble for, well, Sup Forums stuff, or rym, same fucking thing, it's just the demographic they cater to

i noticed how this seems kinda strongly influenced by MBDTF
youtube.com/watch?v=LkIWmsP3c_s
i can dig it

I don't, no.

Fucking destroyed.

>and you need a romantic record? will a breakup album do?
Apparently it is about RYM tags, which is stupid if you ask me, but rules are rules

you recd me 6 things. i think i gave all of them between a 6 and a 5.

Well, I wasn't a big Internet user in high school (ten years ago now) but to me it was the aesthetic that ruined them. I know how how stupid that sounds for an aural medium but they didn't endear themselves to me like other bands did and they seemed to stand out more than the rest so I think I focused more of my attention on them. For the sake of not being closed-minded I should probably give them another shot, but I feel that they'd just remind me of times I'd rather forget.

Wow that's pretty amazing, our taste usually isn't far off

here's a pic

time to rig this tourney

Shoji Aketagawa, Kan Mikami & Toshiaki Ishizuka - Daikanjyo

You should have droned me ;_;

btw did you ever end up listening to more John Maus albums? 0:

yeah it's weird. i guess i'm just not that into indie pop and drone metal.

not yet, but i'm planning on it. added.

Only if you'll have me

alright last one before bed

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds = Let Love In
somewhat average to bad first half that is absolutely well and truly redeemed by it's second half
could not give a care in the world about the first couple of tracks (bar Nobody's Baby Now, which is a banger), but the second half is soooo fucking good (even the Do you Love Me reprise, where the track was awful the first time round it gains something by being played at a crawlspeed, the vocal phrase just before the chorus and including the chorus is still a bit dodge though).

Yo La Tengo - And then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out
Fucking serene m8, really satisfying ambient pop, not much else to say, I fucking loved it
songwriting is good, lyrics have the perfect amount of feels and the guitar tone isn't saturated in reverb or distortion, it does what I like and it does it very well

and full! will compile image in a sec.

i know im focusing too much on one factor and ignoring the fact that rym also has a considerable amount of dads

on that note i always found BVB's aesthetic cool as fuck even if im not big on their music

what did I rec you? i'm thinking it was sondre, jessica pratt, insect warfare, sunn?

wow you went through this preeeeeetty fast.

why do people want me to do work :(
(I think I came up with a p cool idea though, have no idea how it'll work out until I make the thingy)

that sounds about right. destroyer was in there as well.

how can you plan an entire month?
I'd really like to do that but my interests tend to vary and most of the time albums stay in my "complete" qeue for weeks before I listen to them.

yeah tbhonest it's already failed for the past two days so i'm probably gonna scrap it and make a chart
i committed to making the calendar from scratch so i didn't want to have the time go to waste, and that was how everyone did it two years ago and it worked alright but i think the chart system is probably better

alas

well, if I ever get to mass rec you again, i'll diversify better

>mass rec

per the suggestion of a random user a couple weeks ago, I wanna drone 2 of you fucks once more when I'm done with the RYM lists chart.

the first two trips to respond with their rym will get 25 or so of their highly rated albums droned

also no one I've droned before, so no Dogwander, Talking Cat Bob, Sn, s, Torts, or Terminus.

>
lol