Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JaCCxBIoEZc
youtube.com/watch?v=LRK037inlcs
flypaper.soundfly.com/tips/create-shoegaze-guitar-sound-effects-pedals/
youtube.com/watch?v=VejZKCpNnrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sire v7 bass yes or no?

gibson sg faded 2016 yes or no?
i know its muh gibson and toan wood but i genuinely like the, look and sound they have

can I have permission to make a purchase?
I'm too dumb to make my own decisions and really should be in permanent foster care or a mental institution.

fender strat yes or no?
i dont want to buy a squire or an epi lp because people seem to like jazz here.

I like rocks what guitar should I buy?

wasting money on brand name goods yes or no?
I'm extremely self conscious about looking successful and I'm incapable of assigning value to things without the assistance of a marketing department. I get offended when somebody suggests the conclusion I came to as a result of marketing was misled.

Its a nice playing sg. If you get one on sale its a killer price

i like blue should i buy a blue guitar or brown (nigger) one?

You have my permission to go suckyourself to somewhere else.

You can "jazz" on any guitar.
You can play anything on any guitar, it's just a matter of knowing how to

Reported

Also there are no dumb questions.
But a word of advice to anyone looking making a purchase:
Follow your gut and what you first set your eyes on. Don't let the cheap anons on here convince you to buy knock offs and chink shit. You will only end up unhappy, or not as satisfied as you could be. Buy what appeals to you on first sight and playing.

What tube amp should I buy for crystal clear cleans?
I don't want any saturation or distortion. Must cost at least $900. Must be all tube and at least 200 watt. Will mostly be playing with headphones.

thanks user

>What tube amp should I buy for crystal clear cleans?
Not a tube amp

they've got a jazz band at my son's school, they have a gibson sg and a p. bass, along with one marshall and a peavey. they made it work. you can probably make it work too

Following your gut is absolutely the most idiotic way to spend your money I can think of apart from the lotto.

Post red flags when condition auditions for a new guitarist in your band
>solid state amps
>active pickups
>over 22 frets
>fanned frets
>multi-scale
>matte, stain, swirl or faded finish
>fat or ugly
>poorly dressed
>smelly

>not willing to give up the boipussy to the whole band

That's the only one for me.

>his guitar has active pickups

This is bait, everyone. Hate to have to point out obvious bait but I really don't feel like watching newfags rage right now.

>pretending to be your own father
Yeah, no. Underage get out.

How is it bait if it's a personal red flag?
I agree with half of those

Underaged posters are probably being dragged by their parents to some barbeque or something. I think we can be a bit sarcastic for the moment without worrying about triggering the children.

SGs are perfectly fine for Azz dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=JaCCxBIoEZc

>better looking then me
>louder amps then me
>is a cunt
>is shite

Mostly just have problems with the last two.

>better looking then me
>louder amps then me
A-are you the bassist?

Shit, you caught me out

>he plays a Martin

Kek remember the user from a few months back who tried defending playing with a guy who wouldn't take showers?
Then he got butthurt when people said they wouldn't play with ugly guitarists.

>Too poor to afford one.

Sorry bruh

whats wrong with faded finishes

What the guy was saying is that he would only play guitar with someone who has a gloss finish

To amp guy:
A tube amp responds more and better to the dynamics of your playing so if you strum hard, it sounds louder. There's also much more overtones and a bit more transparency in chords. On the flipside, it's less forgiving of bad playing (which is why many beginners and bad players favor transistors).

The guy who didn't take showers came up after that user tried to defend some guy. Anyways this is getting too meta for healthy discussion.

They literally make their guitars out of particle board.

That orange amp supposedly emulates these characteristics of tubes, so I think it should be fine. Thanks for the heads up though!

Worst case scenario, I order it from thomann, don't like it, return it and get the marshall

>tube amps compress less than solid state amps

This has to be bait. Please tell me it's bait.

Not him, but is this not true?
When I switch over to my tube amp I find my mistakes are a lot more noticeable. Maybe it's just with smaller practice solid state amps that it compresses more?

Does anyone know of any acoustic finger style PDF lessons? It'd help a lot.

>A tube amp responds more and better to the dynamics of your playing so if you strum hard, it sounds louder
that's compression
>There's also much more overtones
that's bollocks
>it's less forgiving of bad playing (which is why many beginners and bad players favor transistors).
that's also bollocks

I think tubes compress at a lower threshold, with a ratio that increases with the amplitude and trans amps don't compress until you get close to clipping, and then they compress much harder then a tube amp. And tubes are more soft knee, and trans are more hard knee.

yes i got that, but why? whats wrong with satin finishes

What can /gg/ tell me about BKP Blackhawks?

Just practice. You're not doing it right until you have blisters from practicing so much.

I do, I practice a lot. I just need practice material, like new things to practice.

Don't listen to this guy. If you don't turn up the volume too much on a tube amp you get an awesome clean sound.

Nothing. Musicians are picky assholes

>f you don't turn up the volume too much on a tube amp you get an awesome clean sound.

If you're idea of "awesome" is muffled and shite, that's a fair assessment

Nice opinion bro

Just refinished this early 80s Electra x630n P Bass copy. Got it for $20 at a garage sale. It had some stain or paint spilled across the body but it cleaned up pretty easily.

And they still sound better than most guitars in their price range. Construction/bracing etc is just as important as wood used.

it depends on the amp, m8

Nothing really wrong with them I guess, but they're typically a cheap-out cost-saver on the part of the manufacturer. They do slowly get shiny spots as your hand grease gets on the body.

any other good deals you got from the garage sale? How much was the tele?

Fuzz, Distortion or Overdrive?
What's better, /gg/?

Do drugs make you a better musician? I just started playing

I play thrash and think distortion is for leads, punk or black metal
wouldn't really use a pedal on a clean amp if you're playing any fast metal as the pedal will have a hard time tracking like an amp.
I use an overdrive in front of an overdiven amp with either a compressor or TS spark for the leads.

No. Boutique pedals do.

This is what I've got, how do I shoegaze? Also have £350 I can spend on gear.

What Telecaster is that? It looks pretty

>fuzz pedal
>reverb pedal
>various effect pedals
>all the volume

its just a fender mexican standard tele in midnight wine. nothing to special about it.

>wood, stone or steel, what's better /diy/
any of them's valid you turd, there's no better between different options

drugs just make you less cautious. being good's partly a matter of balls. You can't be good if you're just sitting around in a corner playing safe things

>wouldn't really use a pedal on a clean amp if you're playing any fast metal as the pedal will have a hard time tracking like an amp.
Sounds like someone never listened to swedish death metal.
Also distortion for lead is a terrible idea unless you want to go from crystal clear to the pedal's minimal settings

Thoughts?

nice trips
any suggesions on what pedal brands to look out for?

meme guitar

IT'S FUCKING PARTICLE BOARD

I see what you are saying, but the type of music I play isn't really supposed to sound as muddy like swedish death

>chapman

'no'

If you want to stay on the affordable side, Boss pedals can do the job, as can any pedal brand like Electro-Harmonix or TC Electronics MXR. But if you like boutique pedals:
>Earthquaker Devices
>Dwarfcraft Devices
>Devi Ever FX
>Death by Audio
>Noisemaker Effects
>Chase Bliss Audio
>Strymon
>Old Blood Noise Endeavors
>Mantic Effects
>Smallsound/Bigsound
>Walrus Audio

Do you think it's a wise choice to buy a guitar where the company's "icon" is a fat retard who's only ability lies in fast scale runs ?
They're just schecters in a drag, sure they're less gaudy, but they're also pricier.

>muddy like swedish death
if anything, swedish death metal's the opposite of muddy, way too much high end in the guitar's sound.

It's special to me

But they sound so nice in the videos.

The Ghost Fret looks sick

Run a first act through a dual rectifier, throw some studio magic on it, and it'll sound nice too. It won't change that it plays like shit, and needs too much fine tuning to sound good.
Never trust the internet on any kind of instrument review, most of them are complete ass.

nice finish but still looks like an eww mishmash between an explorer and an esp ex

you're special to me

Nah you're a faggot

user.. I...

They're the best guitars you can get for the money.

I want to get a strandberg, what's the difference between the OS and the custom shop? Is the quality that much of a 1500 difference

What is the waiting list wait for a MTM strandberg?

>anime reaction image
>doesn't know shit about sound
No surprises here

youtube.com/watch?v=LRK037inlcs

They only bring out what you've already learned

Are there any /diy/ fags in here that have gotten warmth stuff? Are they any good?

What's the best DAW, niggas?

>Martin

Confirmed for shit taste.

Warmoth**

flypaper.soundfly.com/tips/create-shoegaze-guitar-sound-effects-pedals/

it's not on the list but you can add a proco rat pedal for more added distortion

the one you're competent with. Reaper is cheap enough to be worth learning on, and just as powerful as anything else.

Their necks are very well made

>Never trust the internet on any kind of instrument review, most of them are complete ass.
This. Also applies to buttmad debbie downer elitists or negative nancys on sites like Sup Forums. Read some reviews from people who've actually touched one, and go to the store and try it yourself.

>go to the store and try it yourself

I don't know of anyone in California that sells them

Cool.I don't suppose you've tried one of there bodies have you?

No, I just bought a neck as a replacement. I can only guess that the quality would be the same.

I'm a complete amature who has never played an instrument in their life, and I wanna learn to play Bass. Is Ibanez a good brand, and are there any lesson plans online that you guys recommend?

They're one of the best value low-end brands for bass. I started on a MIM P Bass for $250 and that also served me well for years.

What pedals are used to get that washy sound 2:50 in?

a compressor?

Galaxie400- snowstorm
youtube.com/watch?v=VejZKCpNnrs

Ibanez is good. Yamaha is also very good at the entry-level range. I'd recommend either of them over Squier if you're on a budget but especially Yamaha.

I don't know of any good online courses but the Hal Leonard Bass Method complete series can be gotten off of Amazon for about $15USD and is superb. It won't make you a master, but getting all the way through it would give you the tools to be a very, very good bassist.

Kek. California? Or just near you... California is pretty big. Well, i know i probably won't want to travel more than 90 mins to try a guitar, so i get what you're saying. The way music shops are so scarce now I'd jusy do a bunch of research. If you find dozens of "eh, wasn't what i thought" reviews just avoid it. Just google (guitar you want) reviews. The more you read the better idea you'll get.