Mastodon or baroness

In you opinion what is the better band and why?

Baroness or Mastodon?

I lean more towards Baroness something about the vocals and music composition just seems to blend together seamlessly .

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHjkpJb5BPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Different bands

With that said, the last album from Baroness is kuch better than anything Mastodon put out after CtS

first 4 mastodon albums are superior in every way

I still like their recent hard rock stuff but i'm a mastodon fanboy.

Baroness know how to write good verses and pre-choruses, whereas Mastodon is kind of a boring wait for an awesome chorus.

I prefer Baroness but love both. Blue Record is one of my favorite metal albums of all time

>i've never listened to early mastodon, the post

Red and Blue by Baroness are among my favorite albums. But Mastodon I think have the most consistent discography.

Pre-"Crack the Sky" Mastodon > Baroness > post-"Crack the Sky" Mastodon.

Objective.

Blood Mountain > Leviathan > Remission > Crack The Sky > The Hunter

My bull prefers Baroness

It's just something about mastodon's vocals I can't do,there instrumentation is great. And I love the imagery just the vocals.. don't strike a cord with me.

yes

Ngl post crack the skye mastodon has a lotta fuckin bangers

Baroness' split EP's > Mastodon split EP's

Better band coming thru

I haven't listened to too much of them. Why do you think there a better band?

Intronaut >> both

youtube.com/watch?v=CHjkpJb5BPM

indeebs
really like Crack the Skye tho

Mostly personal preference. I like the vocals better, which are male and female, their songs are more melodic and pretty melancholic at times. If you want to give them a try I would recommend Spiral Shadow or Ultraviolet, but if you're into more heavy stuff listen to Static Tensions or Time Will Fuse Its Woth.

That said I only listened to Baroness, who I also really like, but haven't listened to Mastodon because from what I heard they're a bit too heavy for my taste.

Slowed down Mastodon>Sped up Baronnes>slowed down Baronnes>sped up mastodon

Who the fuck listens to metal at 1.0x speed.

Red = Remission
Blue = Leviathan
Yellow & Green = Blood Mountain
Purple = Crack the Skye

Hunter = 7/10
OMRTS = 7.5/10

Could someone explain to me why people hate Once More Round the Sun so much? I can get the hate for The Hunter, but the new one not so much.

In their primes, I'll take Mastodon for sure, now, Baroness for being less lame, but really neither.

>That said I only listened to Baroness, who I also really like, but haven't listened to Mastodon because from what I heard they're a bit too heavy for my taste.

What the fuck? Kylesa is heavier than most Mastodon post-Leviathan.

I saw Baroness not too long ago for the first time and it was actually one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. Unbelievable live band. I've seen Mastodon like 6 times now and they're always awesome but it wasn't on that Baroness level.

Tough. I think Baroness is the mature person's Mastodon. Mastodon is fantastic when you're a young person really into heavy music and acid. Baroness is more for that real life, growing older, smoking some weed on the weekend and listening to songs about life vibe.

Mastodon
I just wish Baroness would find a new fucking producer, their new albums sound like ass

I like real metal

Even the title itself suggests that there's nothing new going on. It's just another album. Another year. Nothing memorable about it.

I can see why people who love early Mastodon hate The Hunter but I absolutely adore it. It's so new. There aren't other bands with albums that sound like that album and there's some fucking great riffs and moments on it.

I enjoy seeing the OMRTS tracks live but listening to it feels pointless when other Mastodon albums cover everything they do in that album but better. I find it a bit "all over the place".

Mastodon is the more technical and whimsical of the two. If I want to experience some raw fucking energy I'll listen to mastodon. Any of their songs hands down.

Baroness I'll listen to if I want to experience the sludge but with more emotion.

Mastodon is the "stronger" of the two IMHO but both are fantastic bands.

I am confused where do you put the Crack the Sky Mastodon ?

Intronaut>Baroness>Kylesa>Mastodon
IMO, of course. Been listening to these bands since ~2006