youtube.com/watch?v=OnZjZWnbuus
youtube.com/watch?v=2SAFC4_KbW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Chiastic
>Gantz
>Exai
>5
>ilanders, simmm, maphive 6.1, pule + nuane

Just put up we r are why/are y are we, never really hear talk of that but it's pretty good.

>incunabula
>garbage
>chiastic slide
>haven't listened
>rae, corc, bladelores

>LP5
>Garbage
>Quaristice
>1
>Garbagemx, SYptixed, Pen Expers, Drane2

Nice to see someone that also doesn't like Exai as much as everybody else

>Chiastic Slide
>Worst
Care to elaborate?

i didn't like it

who cares anymore, seriously?

people like arca have made them totally obsolete. the complete nonreaction to their last album proves it.

Just haven't listened to it a lot, and when I put it on it's just pretty forgetful. I prefer Oversteps desu.

Oh ok

lol

Who is arca?

probably one of the most forwardthinking and boundary pushing producers this decade

gay autechre

did you come up with those words all on your own?

>autechre
>2016

I was 15 too once, but fucking hell you all need to grow up

lol are those not common terms in hickville or something

this

Now what's wrong with ae?

>17 / 1 / 7 / 2

Is this some new meme?

literally autechre but louder, with less substance, and a gayer appearance

>gayer appearance
i don't think Alejandro could look as gay as no matter how hard he tried

and have you heard mutant? he beat them at their own game

Speaking of autechre ripoffs, what do you guys think of Second Woman? (one guy from Telefon Tel Aviv and the other from Belong).

>quaristice
>only listened to two so far: didnt like garbage and thought ep7 was ok
>incunabula for album and garbage for ep
>havent listened yet
>plyphon, eidetic casein, known(1), nil, rale, arch carrier, vi scose poise, see on see, d-sho qub, further, dropp

i thought both october language and second woman had great potential at first, but they both ended up being unstructured and forgettable

twitter.com/AE_STORE_/status/750075262851842048

>Quaristice/Confield
>Gantz Graf
>Incunabula
>3
>Bnc Castl, FwzE, Pen Expers, Sim Gishel, Parahelic Triangle, Perlence.

What is this

I think it's a troll patch lol

WEW
E
W

.maxpat

Ooooo

the girl in pic related works for warp. what does that last tweet mean? can we be expecting something relatively soon?

also has anyone checked out that patch they just released

>LP5
>Quaristice Quadrange
>Draft 7.30
>2
>Keynell Remix A, Drane 2, Notwotwo, Flutter, Rpeg, 6852, Cap.iv, Tilapia, VLmetrmx, Medrey, Ylm0, Puch

I love their mid to late 90s output the most overall. Everything after 2005 is pretty good too. I couldn't really wrap my head around much of their glitch stuff though.

>can we be expecting something relatively soon?
woooo! on vinyl

aw, i hate this dumb "rivalry" mentality that Sup Forums perpetuates. i like both loads and iirc arca likes ae (i think) and ae namedropped arca in that last ra interview. a collab would be interesting...

it'd be intriguing for ae to go the arca route imo and do production for other ppl. i love the autechre bubble as much as anyone, but they're so insular and it'd be neat to see how they could be integrated in the greater experimental electronic/hip-hop scene or w/e.

woooo! is iconic 2bh

This is the most contrarian opinion so far

>aw, i hate this dumb "rivalry" mentality that Sup Forums perpetuates

it's because this board is literally full of kids, something i keep forgetting until i see posts like the one you replied to

not him, but i don't see anything wrong with it...?

i dont think there is anything wrong with it, it's just opinions that seem really against the norm for most of them

i never really was a big fan of wonky/glitch hop so arca isn't really my cup of tea, but I can tell he's pretty talented. i wouldnt want ae going down that route though: it seems like itd be many steps backward for them

how would it be a step back? it'd give them a chance to flex their chops in a context where they don't have to worry about fitting material into the "ae cannon"

i think theyve done the hip hop stage already with gescom and envane in the 90s. id rather see them explore new areas of electronic music

there are different facets of hip-hop though, they could certainly still do something novel with it. those eras you mentioned were more concerned with the more straightforward and sample-based d.i.y. aesthetic, for instance. exai/ae_live/elseq has moments that are indubitably hip-hop inspired - they're just totally deconstructed. i mean, look at m39 diffain or c16 deep tread.

>woooo!
lol i love these blokes so much, lads

hmm i can agree with that. most of autechre is hip hop influenced, but still, I'd rather them not do what so many others are doing right now

The absolute madmen.

What?

Incunabula or Chiastic Slide

Gantz Graf

LP5

Garbage

Flutter, Eggshell, Cichli, Basscadet, Nuane

>LP5
What's wrong with it?

It's a patch for Max/MSP (thing autechre uses to make their music) but all it does it open pic related

Why is pendulu hv moda so perfect?

No, there's an actual patch there too. Apparently you have to press "z"

You can unlock it but that's about it. It's just a joke patch.

Nice to see a cute girl listening to Autechre.

lol...this is so unlike them - i'm loving how open and chill they've become. they used to b pretty prickly desu.

Do you remember their myspace?

oh fuck, i did forget about that. there was the l-event thing too. i guess i was just talking about it in conjunction with the newer interviews and aaa and stuff.

Confessions?

I think Elseq is One of the weaker releases.

i.....w-what?

I don't really see it as a single release. Individually 1 and 4 are extremely solid.

With elseq the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. The variety and sprawling nature is part of the appeal.

IA that 1 and 4 are probably the most consistent but 3 has the most "character" imo

Anyone like Peel Session 2?

Never see it discussed but Gelk and Gaekwad are some great tracks.

I agree.

chave """humor"""

sean and rib bringing the bantz

I think it's one of their strongest releases actually. Chiastic Slide is one of my favourite albums of theirs and elseq sorta has that same feeling in that it's highly repetitive and evolves on an almost microscopic level. That's probably why some people don't like it, I suppose...

Funnily enough I'd say that Move of Ten is one of my least favourites. Not even that bad, just pretty forgettable and a bit uneven. M62 is my jam tho.

Bump

The only thing I haven't heard is move of ten. How good is it?

mediocre

I only listened to Tri Repetae and Amber, what would you recommend next?

chiastic slide

Eh, it's okay. I'd say about half of it is really good (M62, y7, iris was a pupil, and the opener/closer), though I know some people prefer it to Oversteps. Super acid-y and beat-driven.

older rob looks exactly like roose bolton but with a better hairline

Move of Ten is to Oversteps as Garbage is to Amber

Mostly just extra material which complement those albums, but the songs don't mesh well together as a piece. It's still worth a listen or two just for Ylm0, M62, and ClnChr.

ClnChr is the Japanese bonus track btw

One of Ae's better ones too

i feel like not enough attention is being paid to the fact that autechre trolled their entire fanbase today for no reason, apparently

trolling is generally for the sake of trolling

Quaristice. That's the same order I listened in. Amber, tri-rep, then the blue album. I was really confused. Now it's my favorite out of their entire catalogue.

Woooooo!

What did they mean by this?

What did you mean by this?

>Confield
>L-Event
>Amber
>1
> tac Lacora, cloudline, r ess, Pen Expers, Fleure, feed1

Woooooo!

it's woooo! you casual

>Confield
>Quaristice.quadrage
>Oversteps
>Part4
>Parhelic Triangle, Cipater, Rae, LCC, The Plclpcp, Cloudline, Pen Expers, ACDWN2
>Also general discussion

Fart

Bump

Damn, am I the only one who still really loves elseq? Seems the tide has turned on it a bit...not nearly as much discussion about it either Wicked release - still wrapping my mind around it.

Blifil is a banger. Gelk is one of my favourite tracks.

(today)

>Favourite Album
Quaristice (Versions) / Confield

>Favourite EP
Envane / EP7 / Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae
n/a

>Favourite Elseq
Elseq 1

>Favourite Tracks
444, Krib, Goz Quarter, Second Scepe, Clipper, Pen Expers, Ccec, Dropp, The PlclCpC, Simmm, See on See, vekoS, M39 Diffain, Feed1

I'm taking it slow , savouring it, only heard the first 2. Waiting for a good opportunity to blast it loudly.

it's endearing desu

Reminder that this is the sleeper tune off Anvil

youtube.com/watch?v=D5R_XfoW2co

>incunabula
>//
>lp7
>//
>lowride, piezo, eutow

get with the times, gramps
stop acting like your dadelectro is still relevant in 2016

>Favorite album?
Exai
>Favorite EP?
ep7
>Least favorite?
Quaristice
>Favorite Elseq?
>Favorite tracks?
FLeure, Pen Expers, Hub, Second Peng, Nil, Zeiss Contarex, Rale, Clipper, jatevee c, latentcall, c7b2

too many to name desu

still heartily enjoying elseq, it's going to take a long time to get to know though

dadelectro best genre

>not listening to dadelectro

just kidding, I love them youtube.com/watch?v=_LeWzzn8E8o

also, for me dadelectro should be something like this youtube.com/watch?v=OnZjZWnbuus

my fav ae track
youtube.com/watch?v=2SAFC4_KbW0

the fuck? you posted kraftwerk senpai

>Chiastic Slide
>Cichlisuite
>Amber
>Haven't listened yet, only up to LP5 in their discog
>444; Piezo; Clipper; Cipater; Recury; Acroyear2; Vose, In; Garbagemx; Drane; Maphive 6.1; Zeiss Contarex; Gelk; the list goes on...

elseq

5 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 2

Debate me