/Drone/Drone Folk Thread/

Share your favorite pieces of droney folk and folky drone. Pic related is pretty good, especailly considering how late in his career he was. I'd love to hear some drone that prominently features bagpipes or church organ (aside from ravedeath). So yeah, share + discuss!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I5-DgnXDq8M
youtube.com/watch?v=_EYO_MGptXA
restyousleepinggiant.bandcamp.com/album/peppermint-tea-tape-reissue
haunter0.bandcamp.com/track/lone-the-lostern
pioulard.bandcamp.com/album/radial
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

bump

Dunno, bumping, you might like james blackshaw or pelt though

i dont know much about this genre sorry OP, but thanks for the rec

pelt is good, especially ayahuasca and effigy

Henry Flynt might be a good shout too

Try The Gray Field Recordings as well as Grouper if you haven't

Yoshi Wada

I love John Fahey but this album sucks ass.

Check these artists to drone folk:

Grouper
Ilyas Ahmed
Carson McWhirter
Death In June
Dreamend
Marissa Nadler
Sol Invictus
Wooden Veil

Yoshi Wada is great

Really? I actually like Red Cross quite a bit. What are your favorite Fahey albums?

Thanks for the recs btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=I5-DgnXDq8M
youtube.com/watch?v=_EYO_MGptXA

one of my favorite genres desu

I don't know his entire discography since he has too many albums, but my favourites are Days Have Gone By, God, Time, and Casuality and The Transfiguration Of Blind Joe Death

Áine O'Dwyer - Music for Church Cleaners sounds right up your alley OP.

This sounds great, thanks for the rec!

seconding wooden veil, pretty good shit. get into some of the jewelled antler collective artists, steven r. smith is pretty great. the blithe sons too

I don't know too much about drone folk, but I can try to contribute. This past spring I saw Benoit Piolard with opening acts Haunter and Chris Weirsema. It was really cool. Thomas (Benoit Piolard) recently broke his wrist and put out an EP which has a fantastic cover of Aphex Twin's Stone in Focus on it. I digress, he does a very good job at blending drone and folk, I think. Haunter is, in my eyes, a warm guitar drone legend. I've gotten the privilege to see him three times (but I've missed at least six invites to other shows) and each time it's been an experience. He's on tour right know and I think he'll be around the midwest over the course of the summer before moving to Thailand. Also, a Sup Forumstant in the bandcamp threads, Rest You Sleeping Giant, makes some wonderful warm drone. I've played all of these artists on a radio show that I hosted this past spring. It was super chill.

That's super cool. i'll have to check those artists out. Thanks!

pic related is a classic

restyousleepinggiant.bandcamp.com/album/peppermint-tea-tape-reissue
This dude now runs Cellar Door Tapes.
haunter0.bandcamp.com/track/lone-the-lostern
Also check out "Yarn Trails"
pioulard.bandcamp.com/album/radial
I misspelled his name, fuck. His cover is not quite the same as the original, but it's awesome for slightly different reasons. The noise and slight distortion hits really close to my own music, but it doesn't seem quite as vast as the original. Still very pensive, though.