I'm currently listening to Bjork's discography for the first time. I started with Debut a couple weeks ago

I'm currently listening to Bjork's discography for the first time. I started with Debut a couple weeks ago.

I got to Vespertine today. I listened to it twice. Is there another album that is so intimate? What a beautiful evolution as an artist. I can't help but be in awe of her.

Bumping with HR Bjork

Wait till you get to Vulnicura, it totally puts Vespertine in perspective...

How so? Can you elaborate on that a bit?

I don't want to spoil it on what the concept is. But it is like Vespertine part 2 essentially.

Hnnnnnnnnnnng

Get outta here you ruffian!

Cool. Can't wait!

If you decide to listen to Vulnicura, or once you get to it, I would listen to Vespertine, then Vulnicura.

why does she always look like she's getting her pussy eaten out?

Pic related is one of her best, but if you don't start with it, it'll seem like one of her worst given how there's basically 2 or 3 different albums interlaced here with how the songs are themed.

because i'm always eating her pussy out

I've listened to them in order so far. I've loved them all. The progression makes absolute sense. I don't feel like it was out of place at all!

Good idea. I'll do that when the time comes.

oh ok

now that you appreciate her vocals more, go back and listen to Debut. Even the dance tracks have incredibly expressive singing

Oh yeah, Absolutely. It's a lot more playful too. I like that a lot.

I've had Debut in the car for a while now. It's upbeat enough to listen to all the time, but it's still very interesting to listen to.

I too started listening to her a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe I've gone my whole life up to this point not knowing about bork. Vespertine is literal perfection.

nice, björk is truly amazing.
as other anons have pointed out, Vulnicura is kinda like a sequel to Vespertine, or better said, a counterpart

That period was when she was the hottest.

she makes a song work so well, every time I'm listening to some other dance pop song, I think how it would be better if Björk were singing

Did you watch Dancer in the Dark and listen to Selmasongs?

No, but I got it today! Haven't had time to watch yet. I'll probably get the soundtrack right after. It was made/filmed around the same time as Vespertine, right?

is this a comfy bjork thread?

Vespertine began its production while Björk was filming Dancer in the Dark and its music is a direct reaction to that (also, she was starting a relationship with Matthew Barney hence why it is so erotic and love-themed)

whats your thoughts on homogenic?

oh god- i just got into her this past year... and then von triers movies, and of course ditd came up...

I'm actually going through Bjork's discog too, and grabbed a copy of this the other day. It is sooooooo fucking good.

Glad you said that, but it still hasn't clicked for me. I think it may be because of the reason you said though.
My favorites are Vespertine>Debut≥Homogenic, and I only got into her last year.

Clitter..Clank...BOOM

That's kinda cool that people are going through her discog in this thread. from someone who's always heard her songs, I don't know what it's like to hear her albums for the first time.

"He told me to."

that fucking movie. she's an amazing actress.

Vespertine is Bestpertine

It is the only good von Trier movie.

>