Best Albums to Listen Through In One Sitting

ITT: Your personal favorite albums to sit and listen to in one sitting. Stoned or not. Albums that tell a good story, ones where the tracks just flow together nice, whatever. Post your faves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GV30LBYaMWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All albums

this

The Antlers - In the Attic of the Universe.
It's 26 minutes so it's easy to as well!

>not listening to every album in one sitting

to be honest some time i play only one side of an album
i'm sorry doggo

pic related

the tracks sound better in the context of the album than on their own imo

>not listening to albums the whole way through
>skipping songs
yuck

Anyway there's something satisfying about getting through a long, arduous album that isn't very interesting. It's like a strange sense of accomplishment.

Yeah. I sat through an entire Miley Cyrus album on the way to drop off my daughter at school, and after she got out of the car and the album finished I felt pretty happy with myself, for some odd reason. I felt like stabbing out my eardrums with screwdrivers the whole way, but still.

Fuck you, I liked it

It's not the same when I listen to a blatantly awful album, but when I listen to one that's sort of a pain in the ass I get that feeling.

The Wall is enjoyable, but I prefer listening to Animals straight through. But I can see how this can be your personal favourite. Everyone once in their lives do feel a sense of nihilism and wants to be secluded. And most nihilistic people are the most emotional.

What's your favourite song from the album?

Warm Healer is such a great closer that I feel dirty listening to the bonus tracks after but they're all on par with what's on the album so I can't help it.

(You)

Illmatic - Nas

10 songs counting the intro

Classic 90's rap

Great for sitting and chilling

Acid Rap always. also The Joy of Motion

Any nick drake

Fuck this is such a reddit thread

Lol please kill yourself I can tell your life and time and meaningless

i'm a fan of the track mother. i like the acoustics, and the backstory behind the song itself

practice what you preach, scum

My only problem is I like the first side a lot more than the second side.

>tfw when DANCING OUT WITH THE MOONLIT KNIGHT

AbsoLUTEly this

Heard this for the first time literally two nights ago. Absolutely blown away. In fact it reminded me of Days of Future Passed

Good one.

Pretty much any Beatles album, Pet Sounds, Blank Banshee 1, Songs from the Big Chair, Wish You Were Here, so many great choices. There are easier Green Day albums to do (namely the two before this one), but I always liked the length, variety, and quality of each style of this one.

>blank banshee 1
i thought vaporwave was dead

Sadly it is,
BB1 is just trap with a cool 'computer world' theme, though.
But if you're going to mention vapor I have to say my favorite is also essential to be in one sitting, since each track is so short.

i enjoyed vaporwave totally ironically but i somehow ended up fondly reminiscing over it recently and i added a whole bunch onto my spotify. this one's a goodie, if you wanna take a listen. not that long at all

That title track is one of the staples of the genre, though I always preferred virtua.zip.

I just cannot get into Pink Floyd at all, I guess I just don't enjoy it.

Only tip I can try giving is trying to appreciate all that fucking atmosphere on the Wish You Were Here album, like that dark Unknown Pleasures one.
And/or Meddle + Ummagumma, if you haven't already.

atom heart mother and animals are also incredible

Agreed, however I really, really hate Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast. Fuck that song.

For me the secret to get into them was trying out acid

I usually end up listening to this in one sitting. Sometimes I'll put it on expecting to listen to just three or four songs and something about it just makes me sit down and listen to it the rest of the way through.

youtube.com/watch?v=GV30LBYaMWQ