Last 5 rym ratings

hate on each other as much as possible

but be nice

>tfw thought I rated Milo Goes to College and Solid Air already but apparently didn't
Bad feel desu

You worry about natural disasters often

listen to alas sound and jane you massive beautiful faggot

2obscure4me

2obscure4me

do you mean atlas sound? will listen to those bands, thanks.

Wait, so do what now?

jeez

>Wildflower
>5 stars

>Wildflower
>not 5 stars

Wildflower is amazing, idk why it's getting so much hate

eno is a 10 tho
sorry you're so wrong

descendents, bill evans and john martyn are obscure...

might be time to admit you just don't know anything about music

Well it was my first time hearing it dawg, I'm not gonna give it a 10/10 right off the bat. but it is really good

There is some good music out there, huh?

>acdc not an automatic .5

>being this contrarian

pls no bully im entry and new

>liking the absolute lowest form of shitty dadrock

How the fuck are you using so many tabs

>2.5
>liking
Shouldn't have expected more from a tripfag, i guess

>2.5
>not liking

have 5 spots for what you like, and 5 spots for what you dislike. Sure is important to describe exactly how much you hate something. Not like you're going to listen to it enough to know anyway, because you don't like it.

idiot.

>AC/DC
>shitty dadrock
dude, pick one

dude acdc is literally the definition of shitty dadrock

I didn't understand your response. Come again?

Was going through some old albums last night, filling in ratings i had missed.

You don't seriously think this, do you? The drummer for AC/DC has an incredible groove. The lowest rating someone could possibly give them without being a contrarian is a 3/5.

Also, these are my last 5 ratings.

So you have 10 spots on your RYM chart. You define what each star rating means yourself, it's not absolute. So, depending on how you set up your rating system, you can decide whether to be more accurate in describing how much you like something, or more accurate in describing how much you dislike something.. What I mean is you could have a system like:

5.0: love it
4.5: very good
4.0: good
3.5: meh
3.0: not good
2.5: bad
2.0: ugh
1.5: horrible
1.0: should not exist
0.5: Sup Forums

but this system is terrible. The fact is, most of the music you are recommended, and most of the music you listen to, is going to be music that you like, right? So why spend 7 out of your 10 available spots describing music that you don't like, and squeezing all the stuff you do like into 3 measly spots?

Nobody (especially not yourself) should really care about whether you hate something or just dislike it. Or whether you think it's utterly horrible or just bad. What you should care about is the difference between something being life-changingly good, and being a personal favorite. Between being a personal favorite and being excellent. Between being excellent and very good. See what I'm saying?

So if you're saying that a rating of 2.5 stars translates to "dislike", then that means that you've gone and spent 5 - at least - of your 10 available ratings just to describe music that you don't like! Why give it that respect? Just shove all of your disliked stuff into 0.5 and 1.0 and use the other 8 spots to really let your all-time favorites breathe, and separate themselves from the crowd.

Dunno why I spent this much time explaining this, I mean the whole concept of rating music is pretty autistic anyway. But whatever not like I'm doing anything else with my life.

pic related, my rating system.

I approach it like a 1-10 rating. 5 is average, and so forth.

lmaoing at your life right now

>chrome
>internet explorer shortcut in bottom bar
>hola
>abp
>avast os
>classic shell menu start
>itunes
>spotify

why? Have you listened to Freeze Thaw or Make It Happen? They are 2 of many of the greatest songs ever written.

this is next level autism

I hate the 1-10 rating system with 5 as average. People too quickly slip into thinking about it in terms of letter grades so I just use letter grades. It's simpler. A 5 from a reviewer may be average, but no one realizes it, and constantly slips in and out from that position. but a C is unambiguous and just feels better than a 5.

I fail to see the problem here.

i was just rating some classics so yeah will probably get someone mad