guitarcenter.com/Kremona/Romida-Classical-Guitar.gc
vocaroo.com/i/s0OgSH4DTS9W
vocaroo.com/i/s0XCdTxwJP6B
vocaroo.com/i/s0d7opp6u236
vocaroo.com/i/s0mUPUSfPsX2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for brand bunnies

First for good vibes and no stupid arguments and no half assed trolling

Still wondering whether I should buy a jazzmaster and a 7 string carvin or just the carvin and a JCM900 with a cab?

I'm a guitar player in a bluesrock/stoner band consinsting of a drummer, a bass player and me. We dont have a singer yet and my Mates dont want a "singer", because they always bitch around, so they try to force me to play and sing, but I'm not sure, if my voice would even be good enough for this shit, so i recorded a sample of me playing and singing. would be nice if you guys would rate and maybe help me to improve my voice

vocaroo.com/i/s1VO7AXlrsJN

why not both

anime wins again

>tfw no dot and no waifu

nth for tone machines

more?

>Neil Young

ma nigga. you sound a bit lethargic and I take it that english isn't your first language. I have a feeling that singing in a slightly higher range would force you to sing better. quite honestly you aren't really singing at all, which is much harder to pull off than actually singing, if that makes sense

I swear, it's a tragedy that not every fender comes with a swimming pool route.

where did that guy that posted the copypasta everyday go?

I only have 4k bruh. I want the American vintage 65' and a custom shop carvin. How can I get all three when the carvin and a jazzmaster are $3949 and the amp alone is almost 2k?

Post reverse offsets

i've got to hear the tone on that thing. any vids?

> you sound a bit lethargic and I take it that english isn't your first language.
Yea, you're right. I'm from germany but german language just isnt created for singing. Its only good for "SIEG HEIL, VERGASST DIE JUDEN". Even for me as a german, german language just sounds awkward when sung.

>uite honestly you aren't really singing at all, which is much harder to pull off than actually singing, if that makes sense
I dont think i understood it, but you mean its more like speaking than singing?

Why not just take out a loan? THESE are the things to consider when buying guitars.

What are some easy songs to loudly play on acoustic while drunkenly singing along?

I guess I could buy the guitars first and then save up for the amp and cab.

wonderwall

What you think?
Was thinking about to get one.

cmon dude, I know like 2 german songs so it must be good. 99 something balloons and hofbrÀuhaus.

Hi guys, first time poster on this thread. I own an Ibanez Jetking 2. I'm thinking about customizing adding a bigsby to since I don't own a guitar with a whammy. What do you guys think? How would I go about this?

Yes, it sounds like sprechgesang/slightly off-key to my ears. Lou Reed and Stephen Pastel can do it, but it's hard to deliver. My advice is to sing along to music as much as possible and to push yourself out of your comfort zone. There was a lot of stuff that I had a really hard time singing two years ago that I can now. It's all about practice and using your diaphragm.

more than one really ever needs to spend but if it makes you happy, go for it. It's just as capable as any other TOM HH guitar. No more, no less.

That's not a dot, its a block

Honestly, you pretty much just drill the holes and screw the fucker on. Real easy mod. Just know bigsby trems make changing strings pretty hard. There's some sort of mod or something for them that makes stringing them up a lot less annoying, can't remember what it's called.

Just bought three new pedals today, an ehx holy grail max, a Boss DD-3, and an Ernie Ball Jr. volume pedal. It makes some awesome ambient swells all together. Anything else cool I can do with these?

Other option is Tokai LC-85
What you think about that?

vibramate

damn

You can go from clean to distorted with it if you put the volume pedal before the distortion (just like you would with a volume knob, but easier), and you can do violin like swells on leads. You can also play with the delay if you put the volume pedal after.

Thanks man, are their any other whammy bars that might look cool and be more efficient?

I've never heard anyone call a 480 or a 4003 a reverse offset before. I don't see it tbqh.

well, reverse offset waists are my fetish, I really don't care about the horns or the overall look.

better yet, wndrwll
youtube.com/watch?v=3yQFebRcznA

bigsby is the best looking trem, and really the easiest option for a retrofit. A locking fender-style trem is also practical, but you do need to route a cavity for the spring. Changing strings is a lot easier on those, and they work about as well as a bigsby, maybe a bit better. IMO it's a good idea to install these as close as you can manage to the bridge.

Fair enough, have a reverse offset.

What does /gg think of alumitone pickups?

>fender-style trem
I feel like no matter what I do, it'll look cool. Maybe the fender jazzmaster plate. I've had a frustrating experience with locking trems, but I won't fully discount them. Cheers m8!

youtube.com/watch?v=hXaU0QzByIM

how do I get this guitar tone? it sounds like some kind of effect

I love you

I hate that the cutaway on top is better than the one on the bottom

I was planning on buying one of these, how are they in general. Want to play some 70's/stoner rock with it.

Yeah, kinda bugs me too. Still, I like the way the waist feels.

There's something about the combination of JK and electric guitars that makes it so aesthetically pleasing.

I've yet to try one but the reviews praise the build quality you get for such a low price.

I wonder if the problems these sometimes have are thanks to the reverse spring action. I think it might pay off to look into if some people prefer certain spring strengths and replace theirs. I'd also think that a spring that won't bunch up at the end is important. I would think the short, thick spring makes getting a smooth action more finicky.

I really don't have a ton of hands on experience but I'd look up any potential problems or improvements that exist.

some kind of modulation - flange/phaser/chorus/whatever

This

And who's the retard who made this thread when the last one hadn't reached its bump limit?

dont do it desu

pussy

gay retard

did you know stevie ray vaughan put superglue on his finger tips and then glued them to his legs or arms, to let them dry and eventually rip them off again, with the skin off of his legs or arms, as a substitute for all the callus he'd played away with intense guitar playing?

that sounds great im going to do that right now

sounds like a great idea, will try desu

wow I didn't know y'all played as much and as hard as SRV

no but now I can

Why not just use cyanoacrylate ?

hey man it was his idea not mine

>not just playing through the pain
fucking wusses

I was once fucking my bandmate in the ass while playing, it made his screams better

I get fucked in the ass a lot so I can confirm it's very musical

What amp do I get? Here's the guitar I'm getting:
guitarcenter.com/Kremona/Romida-Classical-Guitar.gc

I just need the cleanest sound possible. I literally just need an amp that will not change the sound of my guitar in any way, but amplify it a lot for the audience to hear.

Has anyone got any experience with hughes & kettner amps, primarily the Direct Out option to record tube amp silently? trying to record decent guitar without possibility to play at proper volumes most of the time.

Get a keyboard amp then, worked for me, and you can get some loud as fuck keyboard amps with effects for wicked cheap that don't break down into distortion

Budget? Power needed? AER offers a wide selection of high fidelity clean sounding acoustic amps.

>checked
In total looking to spend around $200-$300 on the amp itself. The guitar is already killing me, I'm relying on the free pickup it comes with.

Power...ah I'm not sure. I remember having a 1x12 Spider III that came in a kit when I was like, 16. So at the least a 1x8 in size, 8-12v probably.

>with effects
nty

m8 if you're spending that much on the guitar cheaping out on the amp is literally retarded.

SVR once asked for a razor so he took his boot off and cut a small calous off his foot then glued it to his finger.

You don't have to use the effects dude, I just like a little 'verb when I perform with my guitar. I've performed by big name venues like the Ryman Auditorium and even was on A Prairie Home Companion with my guitar and keyboard amp. Don't knock it till you try it.

Hey Sup Forums, so I'm a mediocre to shit tier guitar player and I just joined a 80s metal band. I only have an accoustic right now so I'm looking for a decent electric and I have no idea what to look for.

I've been thinking about getting an Epiphon les paul standard because that's what all the top 10 guitar lists tell me to get. What's Sup Forums's opinion on them? Is there a better guitar I can get for under $450?

Corts are better than epis

I've never played an epiphone lp but the general opinion here is that it's shit

Used MiM Strat for $300, stick some SD hot rails in it (you can get away with having only one in the bridge). Iron Maiden style.
You're going to need an amp though.

Alright so AERs are out of reach, but you've still got some decent options at a lower price. The Fishman Loudbox is a very clean sounding amp if you can get your hands on one. So is the Roland AC40 and the Acoustic A40.
Don't worry about speaker size, it doesn't really matter on acoustic amps. You just want to have enough juice to be heard during a gig.

damn, thanks for sharing this one user

Fender twin reverb.
Thank me later

If you want a Les Paul style guitar, there's plenty of other brands out there. I myself bought a Vintage V100 in 2009 and that one's pretty hot right now. Great stuff for the money, far better than what you get from Epiphone for that amount. Another cool brand is Spear. There's a lot of good knock-off brands out there that will last you a lifetime and make for a great first electric guitar. I sure am glad I got my Vintage V100 as a second after getting an Epiphone as first.

Is it really worth shelling out the big bucks an Axe-Fx or Kemper costs? I see some bands using them who only actually use about 3 different settings on it, essentially meaning it's a really expensive 2 channel amplifier with a couple of pedals in front of it.

Are they really any more reliable than a tube amp?

A Twin's cool for clean electric sounds but he's looking for that hi-fi clean you need on acoustics. Wouldn't get a Twin for that. Also, they start at 700 bucks second hand.

I got a '62 twin reverb from my dad when he passed away, it sounds fucking immaculate. I don't have a guitar so I play my keyboard and double bass into it.

Just pulled the trigger on a 2016 Firebird HP.

I'm pretty happy with the modern trimmings, since I can always remove the auto-tuner. What do you guys think of the 2015/2016 new features?

>Are they really any more reliable than a tube amp
Well any SS amp is arguably more reliable than it's tube counterpart.

All solid state amps are more reliable than tubes dude, haven't you ever used a tube amp? Tubes blow up, overheat in gig situations, and sure you get that sweet sweet tone but I've had tubes blow on me mid-gig.

That's why I permanently switched over to a keyboard amp with a line 6 running through it. Gives me all the tones I want without the hassle.

One of the reasons the AxeFx/Kemper's used so much is because they're extremely light, you can get any sound you want, and hundreds of watts without having to lug around 30 kg. For touring bands this is a big advantage.

Sure, tubeamps ain't the end of the world but solid state stuff can fail in high temperatures as well. Oddly enough I've had more solidstate stuff break on me in rehearsals and gigs than tubeamps. It's all about maintenance, there's no reason a tubeamp can't be more reliable than a solidstate amp.

why not?

I own a H&K Tubemeister 36. Direct Output sounds good enough. Some old examples of me recorded with it:
vocaroo.com/i/s0OgSH4DTS9W
vocaroo.com/i/s0XCdTxwJP6B
vocaroo.com/i/s0d7opp6u236
vocaroo.com/i/s0mUPUSfPsX2

If it was anything like installing a Bigsby on my SG, you will regret the decision so fucking hard, I swear. Bigsby are also notorious for not staying in tune.

>vocaroo.com/i/s0OgSH4DTS9W
Damn dude that's some pretty creamy and fat tones.

Just try the AxeFX and Kemper and compare to other solid state or tube amps. take whatever sounds best, ont give a shit if tubes "could blow up" i'm running a stereo setup with tube amps, if one amp fails, i really dont give a fuck

Thanks for the warning. I'll keep that in consideration when looking at different whammy (plates?). Can you only speak for Bigsby? What happened?

What are other people opinions on corts?

The band has an extra amp that I can use.

I'm not necessarily looking for a les paul style guitar, Although I do like the way they look. As long as it doesn't look like I'm playing a first act guitar I'll be happy.

I dont use the H&K to much anymore, switched to an Orange AD30HTC some yeats ago. those recordings are 2 - 4 years old, and with hindsight, i dont really like the tone and playing style i had back then. The H&K amps sound always sound accaptable, even if your settings are shit. i wish i could travel back in time and fix some of the settings and play some passages better

Cort factory is pretty good, I think they make the Korean Squiers in the same factory.

>solid state stuff can fail in high temperatures as well
Many SS amps never go to high temps. On the other hand, a tube amp is always hot when on and that has an effect over time. If you play loud stuff on a tube amp for several hours, chances are it will sound differently at the end of the playing session. That and tubes do break quite often compared to SS components. So yeah, it's less reliable than a SS amp.

I have a cheap Cort bass that I still enjoy playing despite having higher end basses but I've seen some people complain about the QC.

thanks a lot, man.thanks for examples too. I think i'll get one.