Be me

>be me
>be in a group chat with friends
>one of them starts to talk about music
>prepare yourself for the cringefest
>she says her music taste is pretty weird
>she asks if anyone knows what future house is and everyone says no
>she says lana del rey is deeper than other artists and that's why not much people like her
>she says ultraviolence is her most "normal" album if we'd like to get into her
THIS MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD
LANA DEL REY IS LITERALLY NORMIE TIER TRASH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>be in a group chat with friends
>le funny rage frog
you are as normie as they are

Reminder that Scaruffi said Ultraviolence is a masterpiece. Your friend is patrician OP.

>wow, why do people who aren't that into music like not weird music?
Slint is not weird op, kys.

Talking about music with friends is a great way to uplift plebs and practice slowly exposing your power level
Stop being mad you dumm frogposter

fuck off tripfag

nigga all you have to do is find what music they like
for example a friend of mine like usual top 40 stuff
i kind of got him into the beatles and over time he became a fan
yes it's entry level but it's something
now he always checks my music and asks me for albums
then there's another friend and she's into post-hardcore and indie rock so i got her into slint and shit like the dismemerbment plan
you just have to not be autismo about something you like and instead use it in a positive way

>i kind of got him into the beatles
>it's something
It's literally the top 40 fifty years ago, you fucking retard

>tfw you got one of your friends who listened to nothing but vocaloids and video game music into death metal
Give your friends credit, and the taste will come as long as you aren't a frog poster about it.

do i really have to explain you the difference between mainstream music back then and now
there's a reason why the beatles are so highly regarded while still being a mainstream band
i'm not a lewronggeneration faggot but you can't seriously compare something from the white album to idk twenty one pilots

For almost every shitty popular artist, there's usually some lesser-known fantastic artist counterpart

Lana Del Rey----->Julia Holter and Scott Walker

THE FACT THAT

>they think lana del rey is bad

>THIS MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD IT'S NORMY TRASH
>not being mae that she called Lana an artist
You sound like a normie

I DON'T PLAY AN INSTRUMENT

Why all the Lana hate? Born to Die and Ultraviolence ære pretty solid records.

>artistic integrity doesn't matter

Her lyrics are absolute tween trash, and a lot of the arrangements in her songs are just "Remember when Baroque pop was a thing lmao?"

>do i really have to explain you the difference between mainstream music back then and now
Yes please do. That'll be humorous

I don't get your point. If I enjoy the music why would I være about the integrety og the artist? People usually complain about artists selling out because it hurts the quality of the music. I personalet don't think this was a problem in the records I listed.

*Care

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band.

>having no artistic credibility doesn't hurt the music

>"When I was 20, I worked at a hotel in a dance orchestra, playing weddings, bar-mitzvahs, dancing, cabaret. I drove home and I was also at college at the time. Then I put on the radio (Radio Luxemburg) and I heard this music. It was terrifying. I had no idea what it was. Then it kept going. Then there was this enormous whine note of strings. Then there was this colossal piano chord. I discovered later that I'd come in half-way through Sgt. Pepper, played continuously. My life was never the same again"
-Robert Fripp on hearing the Beatles Sgt Pepper

Norwegian spotted

>Freind
Friendship is for plebs

Y-Yeah...!

Why would it though? She could sing about being a male sumo-wrestler for all I care, as long as the music is good.

I'm danish, actually, and for some reason my auto-correct won't disable.

>Why would it though?
Do you not understand what art is?
>She could sing about being a male sumo-wrestler for all I care, as long as the music is good.
What's good about it?

>: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic
this is the stupidest thing i've read
this could literally only apply to their early albums and nothing more
is revolution 9 a "catchy 3-minute dittie"?

>not introducing them to the superior beach boys

The heavy drum-beats og BtD reminds me of what I like in hiphop. It helped as a gateway for me, since i usually listened to a lot of hiphop. I also really like the differences in her voice in some tracks.
These are some of the reasons I like the records. I don't care about art, I Just really like to listen to it, it's completly subjektive.

>reminds me of what I like
That's not why it's good. Please answer the question
>I don't care about art
But you just said you like it. Clearly you do.

>having a friend, let alone multiple friends

>MAMA'S LITTLE BABY LOVES SHORTNIN SHORTNIN
>superior

I like those elements, therefore the album, to me, is good. You might not like it, I merely asked why.
And you're right, I do care about art, I don't really care about the artist or their integrity, this is obviously where we differences, and why you don't like her music and that's fine, I got my answer.

wew spicy meme kid

>anything beatles being better than pet sounds or smile

>Doesn't recognize Scaruffi

You're getting memed on son.

>only one superior album = a superior artist in general
Not how it works,

>I like those elements, therefore the album, to me, is good
Not how it works
>You might not like it, I merely asked why.
I didn't state if I did or not.
>I don't really care about the artist or their integrity
But you just said you cared about art.

whatever you say, bud.

Nice meme

Let me know when you have a real argument

You should give him your email when the time comes, and then get married.

I just don't talk about music with my friends lol

It is.
At this point i hardly give a shit.
I did.

Stop posting any time then.

A few months ago my manager called me with an idea: He was in contact with a, mostly unknown, female vocalist who was looking to sharpen her sound. Up to that point, she had been signed to a small indie label and made music that was an interesting mix between old torch songs and something kinda of Portisheadish. That’s actually a terrible description but, regardless, it was actually pretty good.

Basically, the idea of bringing her and I together was for her to get a different type of production that may help her get wider appeal and give her “An Edge”. This idea struck me kind of funny because it’s not like I’m a particularly mass appeal kinda guy, I make sample heavy underground hip hop. A sub-genre that never has equated to ‘wider appeal’ but upon, checking her music out, I figured why not.

So, the day came and the plan was as such:
I would go to a studio and meet her, along with two other guys. The two other guys were engineers and musicians who also happened to own the studio we were using and it was their job to serve as middle men between the singer and I. Her voice, my beats, and them pretty much producing the track.

Finally, the singer arrived, she was adorable. I think all three of us guys (who had never met her before) we all taken back. She was sweet and cute in a way that you would think anyone could make her a star. Since I’m an honest wifed up guy, my first thought when seeing her (which would normally be, ‘I would like to have sex with this person.’) was ‘This girl is insanely marketable.’ And, after I heard her sing, that thought only intensified.

calm the fuck down

These two engineer/musican guys were there to bring the pop feel to the table. As much as I didn’t like the music that came out of it, their musicianship could not be denied. They knew what they were doing and they executed it perfectly, I just wasn’t in on it. But, right then, I got it; this was the creation of pop music. I honestly had never given it much thought, it was taking something rough and shining it down to a dull glow. Finding a happy shmedium is key to making pop music; It has to be simple but not too simple, predictable but not too predictable, catchy is the most bland way possible, and, most of all, play towards the lowest common denominator.

In reality, the actual final product was not bad, it was just typical and it wouldn’t stand out. For as well as it was made and good as she could sing, it just seemed like it was coming off the assembly line. The bottom line is that the song was corny and no matter how good the ingredients are, if dinner tastes like shit, it tastes like shit.

He said it WOULD HAVE been a masterpiece if it was an EP.

Learn to read you dingleberry dipshit.

I bet you're one of those normalfags who thinks taking a shit on a canvas isn't art.

Protip: It is art.

lel

>caring about other people's opinions on music
>not just listening to music for your own enjoyment
holy fuck, just end your life. i'm positive you're nothing more than a boring RYM/scaruffi drone, and honestly I'm surprised you have any friends to begin with. it's your own fault for not being in a band and having musician friends if that's what you want to talk about all the time with your friends (i can promise you that no one other than autismos from Sup Forums want to discuss music 24/7)

>photogenic
Have you never seen a picture of Ringo Starr

lana del ray is good tho