How was it Sup Forums in 2009?

How was it Sup Forums in 2009?

While we are at it, post your 2009 aoty.

It was indie vs metal.

Ahab - divinty of oceans

BNR, at least.

I can't tell if it was because I was 16 or not but 2009 Sup Forums was the last time I post sincerely had fun on the internet.

Weird how back then .Sup Forums and /fa/ had tumblr sharing threads so frequently and now that sites one of the go to buzzword insults

it was really genuine

Also my AOTY back then was probably fun's Aim and Ignite

Any Other Answer Is Wrong

Mine is still MPP

Pretty much this

It was pretty fun back then. Now I dunno how I feel about it.

"Coincidentally" the quality of Sup Forums has declined as there are fewer and fewer notable trips...

It also seems slower but I don't know what the stats are on that so I could just be imagining it

I feel like there's probably close to the same # of trips its just that most of them take attention whoring to another level rather than foster discussion

Back then I legitimately didn't get why other boards hated trips so much because the ones on Sup Forums, while obnoxious at times, tended to make good threads and promote great talk about music.

I don't understand why people don't just filter most of the modern trips but instead yell at them and give them the (you)s they crave

I don't even remember how Sup Forums was back then.

My AOTY was unquestionably this though. It's even my most played album of all time.

good choice

it was shit, it's always been shit

This, even 4 years ago we had some trips. Now i don't even know how it got this bad. /rym/ is the worst general on Sup Forums because trips ruined it and made everyone retarded.

it was just mpp shitposting 24/7

Fucking great album

Top notch

As much as I like the bands the members are involved in, I could never get into this album. Just doesn't do it for me.

well as you can probably imagine it was just MPPposting all day every day
this was about the time metal on Sup Forums stopped being a dominant, or even noticable force on the board. by this time it was mostly indie with some remnants of metal. by the next year, metal was gone.

You don't even like the drop in no one loves me?

Old Sup Forums was crippled by tripfag circlejerks.

But the music was good and the board somehow felt more alive and creative than today.

This.