Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums,

a friend and i are headed to a swans concert in 2 days. what can i expect? will they play more of the old no-wave stuff or the newer more experimental stuff. also is there a chance i can get gira to come into the audience and kick my ass? i'd love that

thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uNNAQka5Z78?t=56s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they'll mostly play their newer stuff. they might play one older song.

It's hard to say at the minute, because they haven't toured the new album yet. I would guess based on older tours that it'll mostly be songs from The Glowing Man and newer songs that haven't been recorded yet.

their set is 50% already existing post-reformation stuff (stuff from The Seer/TBK) and 50% brand new songs
they might throw in Coward or a similar song from that era if you're very lucky

>is there a chance i can get gira to come into the audience and kick my ass

no, but he'd probably rape you like he raped Larkin

Gira hasn't fought audience members since the 80s. At worst he might bitch out the sound engineer or step on your fingers if you rest your hands on the stage. He does still have the AC shut down during the show so dress comfortably.

does this faggot ever smile?

no

everyone's favorite grumpy cowboy

Wait, he still does that???????

See you at the royale you asshole

boston boys

Michael smiling makes me happy

d'awww

>To Be Kind got to 37 on the Billboard 200
>The Glowing Man got to 159 on the same chart

Ouch

Rape allegations will do that to ya

It's not as loud as people say it is

I bought tickets to the swans concert at the Cat's cradle because I felt bad about pirating the whole discography and saying they're my favorite band
I probably won't go, concerts are a pain and I can't imagine Swans being good live

Hey I'm going to that

i think it was more of tbk being successful as a result of fantano / pitchfork

Well you might not see me there unless I get some divine inspiration mr. trips

they're really good live
you should go

Boy, that's spooky.

You people should at least watch his interviews. He's actually really kind and gentile.
youtu.be/uNNAQka5Z78?t=56s

If they don't play one older song on this tour I will be completely disappointed.

Usually just new stuff is played. Gira often meets and greets though.

It's pretty difficult to do so since Jarboe isn't there. They pretty much are limited to really early works or more current ones. Soundtracks for the Blind/Children of God/Great Annihilator have very little songs that the band can do nowadays.

I'm sure they could figure out a rearrangement for something. I'd love to see them rearrangement Helpless Child or The Sound.

I would too, but we'll have to see what they'll do in the following weeks. I'm going to see them in Chicago on July 14th and I'll see what they'll do.

hell be fine

the final sacrifice would be pretty goddamn massive to hear live.
>tfw it won't happen

Whats the crowd like? Is it moshy or pretty chill? What's the average age and demographic of the people there?

Seeing them at the Union Transfer Center in Philly. Can't wait.

>ywn hear gira say COME AAAAHHHHAAAAAAAN or STEP IIIIIIIIIIIIN...SAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED live

Boi

fuck I need to see Swans on this tour, I haven't seen them since 2011, and he was actually pretty funny between songs a bit.

"thanks, everyone, we're happy to be playing los angeles. I fucking hate this town and I'm glad I moved out of here."

kek

Pretty chill when I saw them in 2014

Most of the people would be over the age of 21 since most of their concerts have bars and if their at a festival there is a more age diversion. Which typically makes half the crowd not into them in Festivals. Where as in concerts everyone is zoning and being pretty chill.

This is my experience in the U.S.A. In other countries the age demographic may very, because bar entry/alcoholic age differs per country.

>a friend and i are headed to a swans concert in 2 days. what can i expect?
Loud but not really as loud as you'd expect.
> will they play more of the old no-wave stuff or the newer more experimental stuff.
No. Absolutely not. New Gira seems to hate Old Gira. They're totally different people, really.
>also is there a chance i can get gira to come into the audience and kick my ass?
No. The man is in his 60s. He has a daughter now. He doesn't get into fights anymore. He doesn't even flip himself onto his back or run and jump into walls like he used to. Swans shows are pretty chill now compared to the 80s and 90s. Although he can still move once he gets into it.

Don't antagonize him. If you were to headbang at an 80s Swans concert he'd probably hit you once, and not that hard, really. Now he'll just ask you to not do that.

Really? I'm seeing them soon and terrified of the loudness (tinnitus). Bringing muh best plugs but still.
Why don't you like concerts? Swans are also known for their live performances so idgi.
How loud?