Hello there

Hello there.
youtube.com/watch?v=M7zxAI3GW2o

delete this

no alice, no buy

I don't hear the difference between Alice and this new girl, still boring as fuck

meh

Sounds great it's like Alice never left the band which shows how little she actually brought to the table.

this

Its pretty insane that they're trying to move on with an Alice inpersinator in every sense, like they're trying to trick casual fans that nothing has changed.

I love the first three albums so much, but I cant get behind this at all

Yep. CC is no more.

Why would they change a formula that worked so far?

Its pretty disrespectful to just replace the front women of a band with just a shallow copy of the original, trying to pass it off as the real deal.

Have some artistic merit and try something else. Doesn't matter what you call it, but its not really Crystal Castles if the face of the band is gone.

but the guy who actually makes the music is still there. I don't think it matters who is the singer in a band like Crystal Castles, the voice is so distorted and buried under the music that almost anyone could do that I guess.

yeah but still it's a dick move to still call this crystal castles
could have just said this is my new project under X name. this is a fuck you to alice basically

>artist is from Canada
>can't watch the video in Canada

wtf is this?

yeah, you are right I guess

It isn't bad, I guess

Am I the only one who thinks (III) > (II) >> s/t ?

2>3=1

The person who writes the vast majority of the material has every right to keep the same band name because without them the band doesn't exist. Alice Glass was always replaceable

100% this

Eh I believe Alice actually contributed quite a lot, melodies and lyrical content

she literally didnt do anything

I'm liking this track. That said, getting someone new as the vocalist but keeping the exact same vocal style and "attitude" really unveils the gimmickiness of CC. At least before you could partially attribute Alice's semi-craziness to her actual personality and not just a selling point for their music. Getting a new chick to do the exact same type of vocals and look drugged out of her mind in videos just seems incredibly superficial. Surely she has her own profitable quirks and doesn't need to use Alice's.

This is 100% a fuck you to Alice.

Remember when the internet figured out the secret act at Lollapalooza was Ethan under the new name 'Kausea' and when it was revealed no one cared?

Maybe he had the intention to form a new group, but the combination of Alice making suggestive posts about abuse and the fact no one cared about his new act made him keep the name.

Got damn this is hypé as fuck

Ethan has always been a genius