CRYSTAL CASTLES - CONCRETE

new Crystal Castles song (Ethan + new girl)

youtube.com/watch?v=M7zxAI3GW2o

New Album Amnesty I due to August
Thoughts? Hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-uIvzVgk16c
youtube.com/watch?v=RSPcC5N5hZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not bad
I'm glad Edith is fitting in nicely
I just wish they would get more aggressive and do something a bit more bolder than this to jump the hurdle of alice glass leaving and all the other drama (and get back to the art)

also, Edith needs to be more of herself, it definitely seems like she's trying to wear Alice's shoes if you know what I mean

surprised not many other people are talking about this

yay for neo-Sup Forums

Sounds good, ethan makes 99% of the band anyways.

I'm into it, been excited to finally get an album with new girl

Great

reminder that the only good CC album is their debut

this new song sounds like shit

music is great, vocals are effected to hell like Alice was for much of III and I don't like that at all. If her vocals were more clear I'd be all about this.

7/10 as is. I'm paying attention.

nah mate CC2 > CC1 > CC3.

Should I see them when they come to Vancouver?

I miss alice :( not sure if no alice is a deal breaker yet for a $40 show

The Youtube comments are 99% about Edith

But yeah, she needs her own style, desperately. It's almost ridiculous, she feels like an actor hired to play a role. She even got an old-lady name like Alice because Ethan is a fucking weirdo hipster with an old lady fetish. He will probably force her into some vintage dresses as well.

Video not available in Canada. someone hook a brother up with a rip

Not very good. Alice is better

should i bother trying crystal castles III again? i gave it 2 listens but it was really boring

nah it's shit

I seem to enjoy it.

These vocals sound like they were recorded digitally and stretched in audacity. Her voice is nice, but some more clarity would be nice.

its not bad. im more stoked for the birds video song. That was seriously killer. And wtf are you guys talking about. CC3 is great. more mature sounding than 2. 2 just has alot of bangers.

Its a good song, not their best tho. If the rest of Amnesty sounds like ENTH and Fleece I'll be happy.

Edith needs to be a different charactor from Alice if they want to stay on the radar, she has a way better voice but wheres her stage presence?

"I like everything abut it except she sings the song in a popish way. just out there and it has no sort of other emotion or purpose but to be heard and not listened to.

and before peeps plan to put words in my mouth when they reply, I'm not dissing the singer oe making an alice is better war, "

Why are YouTube comments so autistic?

>the uploader has not made this video available in your country.

CRYSTAL CASTLES IS FROM FUCKING TORONTO
FUCKIN' A, BUDDY.

>Edith needs to be a different charactor from Alice if they want to stay on the radar, she has a way better voice but wheres her stage presence?
Yeah, it seems like Edith is trying to be Alice, or Ethan just got someone who wanted to be Alice, but she has nowhere near the amount of presence Alice did.

Ethan was always a genius

Who else makes a song in 2003 based on a Luciano Berio sample and end up having it feature in a TV commercial?

youtube.com/watch?v=-uIvzVgk16c
youtube.com/watch?v=RSPcC5N5hZs

>but she has nowhere near the amount of presence Alice did
And that's a good thing

the live-versions of concrete I've heard sounded so much clearer and electronic, almost edm:ish. while I like this studio-version I kind of expected more of something different, like the last few singles (or demos) sound pretty much like what III was.

also edith's not a bad singer, fits well. fuck that commentsection