Why is it not widely acknowledged that this is better than Sgt. Peppers...

Why is it not widely acknowledged that this is better than Sgt. Peppers? Just because it doesn't have A Day In The Life and le LSD song? Half of Sft. Peppers is filler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jkn5hgjhyeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree 100%. This is their best album.

Magical Mystery Tour is the Government Plates of the Beatles.

Blue Jay Way is fucking god tier.

Because "it's not a true album with flow." Even though the songs are better.

I agree that MMT is better but I think the general public regards Peppers higher because it's more conceptually complex and ambitious. Idk I'm just making stuff up

Agree, one of George's best songs, flows perfectly after Flying too. If only MMT had It's All Too Much.

Which is the 2nd best DG album

At least half of Pepper's isn't a singles compilation.

It doesn't have that aura of grandiosity that Sgt. Pepper had. That's the short version.

But mostly because it deserved a better cover.

MMT is already my favorite Beatles album. If it had my favorite George song on it too, I think I'd die of a heart attack listening to this shit.

honestly desu the cover is fine

>Your mother should know I am the walrus
what did they mean by this

I think the cover is great. They were done relying on their image to sell records, so they put on masks to show that the music can speak for itself. They took it an extra step with the white album. There was nothing on that goddamn cover.

it's ugly t bh

They meant that if interpreted in a literal sense the walrus of the arctic can be understood to represent humanity's inherent lack of GOO GOO GAJOOB, JOOBA-JOOBA, JOOBA-JOOBA-JOOBA

its one of my favorite trip songs

i really enjoy this album because pretty much every song is doing the same thing with the vocals, putting them through tons of filters and effects, as well as the instruments

i like phasing, flanging, echo, delay, reverb, synthesizers electronics, etc. just things that make music sound weird and psychedelic

i also like the song flying on MMT a lot because its also very similar to what goes on innerspeaker

Think again motherfucker.
youtube.com/watch?v=jkn5hgjhyeo

I think this one has better songs in a singular manner, like I can pick out two songs I love from it individually.
But Sgt pepper is a better album for a whole listen at least I think so

I think The Beatles were a good band.

Holy shit look at this fucking contrarian.

lol, this is great

>They were done relying on their image to sell records, so they put on masks to show that the music can speak for itself.

thats not why at all, nigga, have you ever dropped acid? heres a clue nicca

im going to mexico to drop acid for the first time

i was thinking that because itll be my first time it will probably freak me out so music would be pointless but since it apparently lasts so much longer than other drugs, i want to listen to something during the peak

would MMT be too intense? i mean its like THE acid record of all time, so maybe i should just fuck it and put on strawberry fields forever and see how hard i trip

ive experienced ego death before but on DXM, but that probably wont matter once im peaking

If you like Magical Mystery Tour already, it'll be fine.

oh ok, cool

How would you guys change or reorder MMT to be more of a proper album? I think I'd remove Your Mother Should Know, moving Strawberry Fields into it's place, and then add It's All Too Much as a closer.

All I'd do is replace All You Need is Love with It's All Too Much.

Literally half of MMT are singles, which are used to fill the album.

Why are beatles listeners so damn stupid?

it's not a real album

fuck the beatles, listen to pet sounds or the smile sessions

>removing one of the best songs on the album

Magical Mystery Tour
Strawberry Fields Forever
The Fool on the Hill
It's All Too Much
Flying
Baby You're a Rich Man
Your Mother Should Know
Hey Bulldog
Hello Goodbye
Blue Jay Way
Penny Lane
I Am The Walrus

Flying should be directly before Blue Jay Way, my dude.

im going to listen to smiley smile definitely

Two of Us is a cute song

you don't want to freak out and you're going to listen to smiley smile? bad idea. Some of the tracks have some anxiety inducing parts even if you're sober...

>We will never hear Carnival of Light

hmm, sgt peppers is my favorite album, and no love is my favorite dg album, maybe this chart has something going for it

don't say that

Because it drops the pretense that their albums had all good songs. They have about an EPs worth of great songs on any album to begin with, so they just made one and had their best singles added on.

All You Need is Love is a perfect closer. John's "SHE LOVES YOU YAAA" yells at the end are the great meta ending to the Beatles before they started to disintegrate the next year. It brings the band full circle, and A Day in the Life's ending brings them to a higher level. They complement each other