What does Sup Forums think about Enter Shikari?

What does Sup Forums think about Enter Shikari?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TNRhMdl1Y3o
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Q3lW2n0wU
youtube.com/watch?v=X6aNNSWn5W8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

musically interesting but rou is a living breathing example of le reddit atheist neckbeard meme and makes me embarrassed to like them

mindsweep is a good step up from affoc

while I chuckled a bit, this is obviously wrong. he's one of the few actually reasonable and rational leftists who backs up his views and arguments. not saying I agree with him on all of his points but I respect his well-mannerism

and on the actual topic, I listened a shitload of enter shikari when I was in middleschool. common dreads is still a very dear album

Honestly take the skies is the only album worth listening to.

Unless you enjoy being lectured to for an entire album by an angsty brit yelling in your ear over shitty electronic music and drop D power chords.

i used to like that one songs that right in the middle it goes

>AND THEN THE FLOODGATES START TO OPEN

or something like that

It's not like they're the next Radiohead but I actually love them. They seem to broaden their boundaries musically with each release, which is great. And it's funny how a lot of people on Sup Forums claim their 1st album was their best. I mean, it's fun and I like it a lot, but actually it's kinda simple compared to the rest and also the one that better fits into the generic late '00s "post-hardcore" scene. Nostalgiacore, I guess
The Mindsweep was GOAT

they make this sorta "epic, but hollow" music

>mfw Take to the Skies was released almost 10 years ago

yeah I agree, their first album is the most unoriginal and generic in terms of post-hardcore. confused as to why Sup Forums and others like it the most

I liked them when I was 14

I used to kind of like them but their vocals are really gay

The Mindsweep and Take To The Skies are both 10/10 albums.
Truly fun albums

>gay
What are you, 12?

Complete shit

Horrible lyrics

that's because most of Sup Forums is pretentious shits who always pretend to like the least accessible releases by every artist to feel superior to 'casuals with shit taste'

AFFOC > The Mindsweep > CD > TTTS

Still like these guys all these years later

That's exactly how I rate the albums. Top tier taste, user.

I can't stand them, to be honest.

Take to the skies
Common dreads
Tribalism
The only 3 albums you need to listen to everything after (and during common dreads gets increasingly political)
>Seen them live twice and loved them back when I was 16

>enter shikari
but what does Sup Forums think of actual shikari?

youtu.be/TNRhMdl1Y3o

Their lyrics are cringeworthy SJW neckbeard cancer

SORRY YOU'RE NOT
a winner

Yeah but the thing is that the first album is the most accesible yet the one generally praised in Sup Forums

p good

What do you prefer from AFFOC that places it above the rest?

Shitty hot topic core

ghandi mate,ghandi I think

Nah, Solidarity

Loved them since high school.
Saw them live in Chicago a couple months ago, and it was by far the most fun concert I've been to.

Well, to some maybe, but in my opinion the first one is the least... polished I guess? Scarce of song structure, melodies, while the others have way better musicianship.
I guess the overall tone of it. It has the perfect balance of energy, serious and more laid back songs and such. Usually some stand-out songs make the album for me, in this case Search Party, Arguing with Thermometers and Pack of Thieves. Though others also have their gems like The Appeal & The Mindsweep, Wall, No Sleep Tonight, Return to Energiser. I dunno, I do enjoy all of their albums, but I find myself spinning Flash Flood the most.
Man, I should relisten to them all once more. It's been a while.

what did you think about the radiate/paddington frisk/rat race-singles they released between affoc and mindsweep? personally I think that especially rat race showed their songwriting-skills at their prime. I don't know why but mindsweep just wasn't up to par with the 3 singles, would have loved more in that direction

Do people seriously enjoy this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Q3lW2n0wU

Yeah, I would've included singles/EP's in my rating too, but couldn't remember them all. I enjoyed the Rat Race EP greatly, especially the Radiate song had such a massive hook that I played that song over and over again. Also make sure to check their Redshift song, it's quite recent. That's stuff's bananas. Out of their off-album stuff I also adore Destabilise and Quelle Surprise.

No, but we enjoy this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=X6aNNSWn5W8

that's awful

mathematics

Thanks for your well-structured opinion, now go back to listening to shit you enjoy while we do the same.

the more post-hardcore i listen to, the more they stand out to me
i guess the youthful enthusiasm they portray so well makes them highschoolcore but i find it just lovely

Couldn't have put it better myself.