Am I the only one who is absolutely fucking triggered by this broadway musical normie sampling Whitehouse in the...

Am I the only one who is absolutely fucking triggered by this broadway musical normie sampling Whitehouse in the service of a fucking "banger" with pre-k level lyrics?

because surely, whitehouse is "high art" right?

not even close to the point i was getting at

It's a bad ep, I'll agree to that. But bringing up the fact that daveed is on Broadway should have nothing to do with clipping.

I thought it was kind of clever. I like how they manipulated the sample to sound juke/footwork-y, not something you'd expect with Whitehouse. I'd prefer an instrumental version tho.

Whitehouse is normie PE which is normie noise

Im triggered by you being triggered if anything

Whitehouse is normie too. literally babby's first power electronics

William Bennett is ok with it.

>band that invented pe is babbys first pe
no shit

Was anyone on this board here in 2014? These guys were talked about all the time & have been making music for a while before Daveed was in that musical thing.

The only time I gave a shit about Hamilton was hearing Daveed was in it and briefly thinking "oh hey, nice to see the guy from Clipping's getting somewhere"

2014? Fuck no, I'm only here for the summer

Plus he makes plenty of "bangers" himself with his Cut Hands project.

Sup Forums's cognitive dissonance makes me laugh sometimes. people will make thread after thread about how they have no one to talk about music with and how "normies" can't appreciate their favorite bands, but when there is a chance for said artists to reach a wider audience they turn into obscurantists all of a sudden and throw a fit.

Same

these t b h

>Sup Forums is one person

lol i knew i'd get this reply and, yes, while it is a generalization, it is a widespread attitude that tends to encompass the board as a whole.

The other two started the project as a parody, taking samples of their favourite hip-hop tracks and producing noise tracks behind them. They never officially released anything before Daveed and it's hard to find any content that is verifiable.

Daveed has been with them since their first proper clipping release (midcity)

(Forgot to add this on after saying about midcity) Midcity was released in Feb 2013, so mu can't have been discussing pre-Daveed era clipping in 2014.

That's not what they were saying. They meant that people were discussing Clipping on here before Daveed joined Hamilton.

are you actually fucking retarded

If you are the type to get triggered, what the fuck are you doing listening to whitehouse lmao

Apparently so, sperged out and didn't read the "musical thing" written at the end. Sorry guys, I'll show myself out

you sleep deprived bro?

Always. Got a lot of work on rn studying for a qualification whilst working full time

It happens m8

Everyone in this thread is fucking retarded.

Whitehouse and by extension power electronics and noise in general are very normie at this point. A good 50-60% of the audience at any noise show these days are gonna be fashion-conscious college kids.
I imagine that you yourself discovered Whitehouse either on Sup Forums or on Tumblr, OP.

Pretty much.
I really hope noise and PE go out of style with Sup Forums poseurs soon, every time they try to talk about it they embarrass themselves.

Stop being fucking drama queens. The thread is not that bad, christ

I agree, the super obvious sampling and bursts of white noise on tracks felt like they were trying too hard to get some sort of industrial cred without actually exploring those aspects of the music. Not really feeling the vocals either, even though that second verse on Back Up is great.

It's pretty bad m8

Yeah it is, shut up.

"arrgh, how dare those normies reference my super extreme entry-level noise music! I thought only other radical patricians like myself knew about this band!"

If the OP actually gave a shit about Whitehouse for their music instead of just giving a shit about the image that he thinks listening to them projects upon himself(pro tip though: nobody can tell that you're an EXTREME MUSIC RADICAL if the only place where you're talking about it is Sup Forums and RYM, and like said, if you ever actually attended a noise performance or flipped through an issue of The Wire you'd realize that there's nothing radical about Whitehouse or noise anymore in the first place) he wouldn't feel the need to make threads like these.

It's just more adolescent Sup Forums posturing over music that the guy doesn't have much of an understanding of anyway.

clipping is trash that only got signed because sub pop wanted to cash in on the death grips / yeezus hype.