/wavves/ - Wavves General

>Zach Hill was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend Stefan Burnett, the American rapper who helped him sign to Epic Records, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about blacks and I'd be, 'But Zach, I'm black,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his years as a heroin addict and long after his appearances on Hella album covers had become a thing of the distant past. According to Burnett, Zach once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a drum stick, saying "thanks man". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Zach performed a version of the song "Gross Sales" with vocals, including a verse omitted for its nationalist associations.
Is this why Wavves fired him as their drummer?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Houstlantis/with_replies
a2b2.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He left to stop making shitty pop rock

>started in second-string tumblr band
>made his way up to most revolutionary mainstream act of the generation

le upgrade

>started
lmoa he was around a long time before wavves

>According to Burnett, Zach once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a drum stick, saying "thanks man".

Well, before then,he was in one of the most extreme math rock bands.

hi friend, you new here?

Yes.

>Zach once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a drum stick, saying "thanks man"
genuinely made me laugh

Why did Zach even join Wavves anyway? I get that it was only for a short time after the bloke in Wavves had a fight with the other drummer and he left, but what was his reason for doing it, instead of doing something else? Were they the flavour of the month at the time, and it seemed an easy paycheck?

Reminder that I am going to fucking fight him and win.
I hope he sees this

it was in 09, i don't think he even knew what he was getting into. wavves didn't start churning out shit that gained them notoriety until like 2011ish

Stale pasta.

Dude you live in Houston lets hangout meet me at the lee and joe Jamal skatepark or warehouse live

retweet and like monties posts to wavves
twitter.com/Houstlantis/with_replies

I live in Michigan. It's a account I use to piss of Ghost from TCR with because of the Texas floods.
I love Texas though. I'll visit sometime

Who was the black guy in the original Nico version?

>Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records
Also in the original, he was Jewish, not black

reconsidering my hatred of death grips

Zach Hill said he wanted to go "back to his roots" and be in a grunge/punk band for fun

Is Stefan safe around Zach and Andy?

Andy just made a2b2.org/ white, the absolute racist madman.

That's fair enough then. I was just wondering why he would go from playing those mad drum bits with Hella, or whoever it was at the time, to playing what is probably very basic music with Wavves.

but stefan doesn't like black culture either
didnt you get niggas on the moon, user?