Who is the most famous artist that Sup Forums never talks about?

Who is the most famous artist that Sup Forums never talks about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vqNkMnLD_uE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Before his death, Prince

michael jackson

me

people rarely talk about the rolling stones

We have the ocassional thread every couple months

Elton John

Janet Jackson

Madonna
U2
Elvis
Practically any iconic soul/r&b singer like Otis Redding or Aretha Franklin

Elvis

Probably because their music isnt terrible but it isnt great either. The stones are just very plain and average, not much to say about them IMHOTBQPHWYF.

yeah but they are incredibly famous

We don't discuss him often but he's generally liked very well here

Tbqphwy pham i feel u

What is the Sup Forums consensus on Sir. Elton?

He was a hack t b h

Jimi Hendrix
Ramones
Buddy Holly

His music writing and piano playing was top notch in the 70's. This is not the composing of a hack

youtube.com/watch?v=vqNkMnLD_uE

They have about 10 critically acclaimed classic rock albums. Exile on Main Street is still hailed as one of the best albums of all time.

True but imhotbqphwy they really arent that special, ya dig?

We had tons of threads about him last month.
If Gimme Shelter is an average song then most songs are great.

They are. It was more experimental for that era. It might sound like normal rock music now but that's because you've heard a lot of modern rock similar to theirs.

Im not saying all of their songs are average, just overall. I do agree that Gimme Shelter is unique and a great song. And even though it is a bit overplayed sometimes I do love Paint It Black.

This is fair. Kind of the Seinfeld effect.

I love the Stones, apparently more so than the average Sup Forumstant given the responses in this thread but after Brian Jones died they were anything but experimental. The Stones classic album period (late 60s-early 70s) is all about roots/blues/country rock, which are some of my favorite genres, but not very groundbreaking in the way you're talking about.

Oh I really think you're wrong.

Recommend me some albums user? I've only heard exile.

ozzy

I hope you got that reference.

Aftermath, Between Buttons, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, and Exile are all great albums. The Stones were also a singles group for a good chunk of their career, so you should check out some of their compilations. Grrr! is probably the most comprehensive but there isn't a *great* compilation for them like there is a good deal of other rock artists.

Thanks user. Appreciate it.

what fame means here in Sup Forums?

True. I like listening to them when i'm in the mood for some straight-up rock n roll but I usually like more psychedelic and experimental stuff. Stones all kinda sounds the same.

Doesnt that have a statue of limitations?

One way the Stones are really, really underrated nowadays is that they pretty much created the "bad boy" rockstar image, or at least they perfected it. The Doors, TVU, punk in general all owe something to their aesthetic imo.

>Sup Forums consensus
lol no such thing

I like him though.

Statute, not statue.

the thread is who the most famous artist mu never talks about you faggot

No its statue

Hey Elaine, you're smart, is it statue or statute?

We've talked about Otis before. It's just that there's nothing more to say after pretty great, pretty sad, boy what could have been. It's not the deepest catalog.