So I got high specifically to listen to this album, for obvious reasons and... man

So I got high specifically to listen to this album, for obvious reasons and... man.

What a waste of a high.

Am I missing something here or is this just not very good? Is it because I don't particularly like metal? Am I too pleb?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Pierce
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you're not into doom/stoner metal, you won't just start liking it because you're high

but also starting out with dopesmoker if you're trying to get into doom/stoner metal is probably a bad idea
start out with boris (pink, akuma no uta or their 'stoner metal' album - heavy rocks 2002), holy mountain by sleep or pallbearer... all much more accessible

I recommend Fu Manchu, Corrosion of Conformity, Desert Sessions, Kyuss or Black Label Society instead - more accessible

Sleep and some of the harder stoner metal is aimed at guys who play the music, records for guys who make records.

>What a waste of a high.
>not into metal
What a waste of a life

>DUDE WHY CANT I MAGICALLY ENJOY THINGS BECAUSE I INTOXICATE MYSELF
Maybe you should go to school

I mean I don't believe that I can't grasp metal if it's good metal, metal is comprised of the same principles and rules that hard rock, classic rock, and blues were all founded on. But there's no movements or anything like that on this record, the guitarist only plays one scale for 60 minutes. I mean I get it, it's "stoner metal", but to me "stoner" implies interesting, not circular. Honestly it just sounds like they got high, forgot 90% of any musical training they received in the past and improvised for 60 minutes with some solos here and there and boom, Dopesmoker.

Good music transcends genres and this was recommended on Sup Forums as an album to get high to. So what gives?

Show me an album that transcends genre

I enjoy it a lot sober.

t. metalhead

It's exploratory.
Also, 'musical training'... yeah right, Tisch School of Recording Arts this ain't

The Ark Work. Any album from Maudlin of the Well. Those come to mind right away.

I usually fucking hate metal, but I love this album. It's hilarious, but the riffs are fucking tight.

Laughing Stock

Dude. Being high to this album i felt like I became one with the riff and disolved in thin air when i closed my eyes

Did it feel like you dropped out of life with bong in hand and followed the smoke to the riff filled land?

start with Electric Wizard Dopethrone

Sweet thanks, I'll check it out

OP here. Now we are fucking talking.

New favorite trip

>I don't particularly like metal
>stoner """"""""metal""""""""

First thing youve said that makes any kind of sense

>transcends genre
>is a ripoff of warp records

Let's try and see you argue that this doesn't transcend genre.

the Archandroid

>audible bong rip
>exhale gets looped and becomes part of the song

I just came everywhere

end your """""""life""""""""

you put on the wrong album

Better drugs to do if that's what you're listening to.

Noted, I love Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

probably but I don't even smoke weed I just love spacemen 3 and filling my head with fuzz

That's by Spiritualized what are you on about

J spaceman fronted both bands pleb

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Pierce

DUDE WEED LMAO

The only thing Laughing Stock transcends is being good in any way

Wow I'm retarded. I always did think they sounded kind of similar

Do you really need to be spoonfed this? There are dozens of albums that transcend genre. I'm sure you could think of a few yourself if you sat and thought about it before shitposting.

OP you didn't pay homage to the marijuana gods

This album is a religious experience, not just a DUDE WEED LMAO album

If you were expecting DUDE WEED LMAO bullshit listen to Snoop Dog instead.

>religious experience
DUDE WEED LMAO OPEN UR 3RD EYE BRODUDE