Where were you when the best post-punk album of the last 6 years dropped?

where were you when the best post-punk album of the last 6 years dropped?

hypem.com/premiere/omni

bumping for frankie

christ someone listen to this please

i have

this shoulda came out like two years ago w ought and protomartyr and viet cong

i'm over this shit

more nu-male wanky guitar rock. the vocals are shit. the melodies are far and few between.

its only good for 20 something male guitarists to fetish over frankies "intricate" playing

So what trend did you move onto now?

good songs

>
>the melodies are far and few between.
you gotta be joking my man

vocal melodies are non existent

guitar melodies are few and far between

now i'm convinced you're just baiting me :(

He's right

sounds like shit

AHHH FRANKIE SINATRA

I like it.

me too man

WEW
E
W

>post-punk existing past the 80s
Stop this fucking meme right now, thinking you can stereotype post-punk into a formula is proof you don't know fucking shit about it.
It was more of a movement than a genre.

It's a genre first and foremost so get over it. And stop pretending like you were around for it

this.

all interesting and innovative post-punk (that is still mind-blowing to this day) was released from '78 to '84.

Blows my mind that Deceit was released in 1981.

Omni is emulating many of the consistent qualities music during the post-punk movement then, assuming you're right

shitty soulless aping of the calgary sound. how about you plebs actually listen to the bands that this stupid shit is aping. it basically all comes from Women's two albums, which really just sound like This Heat.

>post-punk
>after 1983

L M A O
M
A
O

also I should add that attempting to write off the calgary sound by calling it 'post punk' or saying 'post punk is done' when these bands sound barely anything like it is fucking funny. almost funnier than the fact that most people used to call it krautrock before like a year ago.

im enjoying it thus far OP no need to worry, thanks for putting this on my ears