Can we stop with the "Ænima is their best album" meme? It's clearly undertow

Can we stop with the "Ænima is their best album" meme? It's clearly undertow.

>"Ænima is their best album" meme
That was never a meme, most people will tell you that Lateralus was their best.

Tool are just a shit Helmet

It's actually this.

HEARD ABOUT

this

lateralus is obviously their best

Considering the bass and guitar have the exact same parts for 85% of that album I'm gonna have to say no, I don't think so.

Justin Chancellor is a huge part of what makes Tool great. Without him, they were just a bit above average.

I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest

Hey I'm with you op I rank their albums chronologically.

While I realize aenima has much better composition I still lean towards undertow because it's more sonically pleasing to me and his lyrics weren't at that sanctimonious cryptic shit level yet.

Fuck 10,000 Days though I really can't stand that drivel.

Underrated Maynard coming through

10,000 Days was just inconsistent as hell, they had some killer songs (Wings 1 and 2, Rosetta Stoned, Jambi) then they padded those with shit ambient filler and songs about dude weed

I'd say Lateralus > Aenima >> 10,000 Days > Undertow
Undertow and Opiate just feel primitive, and they're still pretty good but they don't feel like Tool albums

>Underrated Billy Howerdel
ftfy

..rosetta stoned is one of the songs about weed dude

>Thinking The Pot or Rosetta Stoned are about dude weed
They went over your head user

Kinda sad because they're not even very deep songs

>Rosetta Stoned
>About weed
Holy shit kys

I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest

>implying boobs is better than undertow
wew

it gets boring when you realize that almost every song on aenima follows the same formula

And what formula might that be

Do tell, user

Too bad Ashes divide sucks.

>slow intro
>buildup until maynard screams
>cool riff

Drop D guitar chugs, descending repetitive bass runs, convoluted drum fills, vocal melodies based around the same three or four intervals.

Look let's face it Undertow and the album that followed may never be topped. Opiate is dope as well.
After that they made great music but the wow factor ended for me.
I'm actually a bigger fan of APC
Now those tunes well I've lived that music.
Maynard is God pure and simple
Fuck your neck beard ass opinion

>tfw Brena

new album when

Never don't you know

Undertow and Opiate are their only releases I still like after many years of listening.

>underrated danny lohner

fify

but they had a court case taking away a couple hours of every week for the past 2 years.. didn't you know it's impossible to do ANYTHING with that kind of stress????