/shugazi/ - Shoegaze, Dream Pop, Blackgaze, etc General

lol does that dude actually think people posting lift to experience here is viral marketing? that's fucking absurd honestly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JnCmvwKwOgY
www78.zippyshare.com/v/Us2OwLKM/file.html
pastebin.com/M7wZjQa8
downboundrecords.bandcamp.com/album/deserve
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7kTHuDPPI
youtube.com/watch?v=ak51QSFXboY
soundcloud.com/gymnazium/nothing-you-did
youtube.com/watch?v=1FGqrH_aAz8&list=PLwwsF4q460h5Ffx9lLNw78kcODRCZX3LR
youtu.be/O6My41UupLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shill detected

Eh I wouldn't mind it if Texas-Jerusalem was good enough to be posted so often. I don't doubt that their next album will be good though.

are spacemen 3 considered shoegaze?

I wouldn't really consider them shoegaze, they're like borderline shoegaze. which is close enough to shoegaze to be discussed here desu

well they're my favourite band right now I love how they fill your head with fuzz and distortion wondering if shoegaze is the genre for me I haven't listened to any other than loveless

It probably is.
You should give this album a shot. You might like it.

does anyone have SPC ECO - Sirens & Satellites in high quality?
I cant find it on archive

does anybody has a link to this?
also, what do you think of it?

this is great I'm really liking it, do you have anything louder? maybe I should just find a chart

I would say proto-shoegaze.

So I really like shoegaze and dream pop but I haven't really explored any other genres. Where do I go from here?

hey guys

pity sex last night, will post photos soon for that user

Also pity sex confirmed for not shoegaze
Asked Britty, the singer, and she said they only think they get labeled as such cause they use some pedals

Borax - C

>Shoegaze, Alternative Rock

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=JnCmvwKwOgY

DL: www78.zippyshare.com/v/Us2OwLKM/file.html

Noise Pop/Rock

No, but they are an influence on shoegaze, and occupy the same broader genre of "neo-psychedelia".

pastebin.com/M7wZjQa8

Noise pop.

I would also recommend checking out trip-hop and slowcore, both of which have flirted with shoegaze and dream pop.

Also consider post-rock, which can have a very similar understanding of using guitar as texture rather than a conventional instrument as in shoegaze, and some brands of space rock (like Duster).

And, why the fuck not, check out black metal. It's basically the shoegaze of black metal.

Is there a noise pop essentials? I don't see one on the wiki. I've only listened to (and liked) Mercury Rev and whatever MBV albums classify as noise pop.

Guys, there's nothing great in shoegaze outside of Slowdive and MBV (specially this last one).
What do I do?

How come I never see this posted?

shoegaze AOTY

can't believe I missed them on tour

listen to this

None that I know of.
Check out Rollerskate Skinny, The Boo Radleys, Quickspace, The Flaming Lips, and Verve.

Lift To Experience

I wonder what style they would consider themselves to be playing.

Listen to Curve, the actual best 90s shoegaze band.

I'm sure just emo/alt rock or something in that vein

I like you.

t. Chris Ott

can anyone rec me some ambient/shoegaze

I think this album is like if someone wrote a bunch of pop songs, then took them apart to make ambient and dance tracks

more psych/noise pop I guess, kinda like Jesus and Mary Chain

I guess Recurring could be considered shoegaze, they definitely had an influence on it

some of Brian Jonestown Massacre's stuff sounds kinda like Spacemen 3 and they have some shoegazey stuff too

So I listened to pic.

It's kinda shugazi so I thought I'd discuss it here. I've been enjoying the showcase sound even if I have only listened to the famous bands.

Anyhow I really liked this album because it combines shoegaze with a slightly more sparse, subdued production (and often punchier in delivery) indie rock style. Any recs in a similar vein?

Tldr; looking for shoegaze that's got a strong indie rock influence or vice versa

this is more alt rock but maybe youll like it

i like it

listening to this right now for the first time and it's great, thanks for posting this

I love getting lost in walls of fuzz and distortion, any other recs?

fuck forgot link

downboundrecords.bandcamp.com/album/deserve

No picture attached my man

Listen to their other albums. I Can Hear The Hearts is really great. Other than that, Wild Nothing - Nocturne and Radio Dept - Lesser Matters and Clinging to a Scheme

Thanks dude. I'll check it out. Looks gnarly

wall of fuzz and distortion can mean many things

check out these that are already in the thread
Also check out infinite body, and citrus nowhere
the newer citrus nowhere ep is T H I C K

Thank you very much. I'm enjoying Clinging as we speak

barlow

Yes, this.

Christ didn't like them.

Pretty sure he called Doppelganger a perfect album.

>Curve

They're the buttrock of shoegaze. SPC ECO are much better.

They're like the same band.

Try soulseek.

Ah fuck I've been meaning to listen to this. I love Sea When Absent.

Currently listening to pic related and it's really good.

Underrated

Just found out about this album, it's pretty unlike any shoegaze I've ever heard, really it's more an indie rock album, but it's also unlike any indie rock I've ever heard.

Try Medicine. Either Shot Forth Self Living or Buried Life.

Both are very gritty but have some shoegaze and light psych elements

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7kTHuDPPI

youtube.com/watch?v=ak51QSFXboY

soundcloud.com/gymnazium/nothing-you-did

Some of my shoegaze solo work

Shit opinion.

Actually only the last track is anywhere near ambient.

Which sound in here is actually a guitar?

damn dis tight
drums get a little excessive near the end but that might be a good thing

They're wayy too rooted in pop to have much musical connection to spacemen 3 though

Who was the user who had some really spacemen 3 influenced psych project? He shared it in one of these threads a while ago, he even used the same font on his cover. I never got a chance to give it a listen

bump

thats Catherine Wheel

Sounds great to me but the bass and synths need work.

The synths in the end remind me of the cure (just like heaven) and I think you have the idea down. I would save something like that for short bursts rather than longer periods to extend the song. The synths are difficult to build up over time if you aren't increasing the dynamics.

The bass tone is shit. Listen to pale saints and listen to the bass.
youtube.com/watch?v=1FGqrH_aAz8&list=PLwwsF4q460h5Ffx9lLNw78kcODRCZX3LR
youtu.be/O6My41UupLQ
What is going on with the bass in your song is pretty much nothing. I'd rather it not be there than the state that it is in when I am listening.

The ending of your song is my favorite part and I could listen to that itself for extended periods of time. Still it works as an outro, sort of mbvesque in that regard. The percussion here sounds really cool too. This could be used throughout the song, chiptune like. Both of The Depreciation Guilds albums use this well.

Sorry if this comes of as harsh. Good luck with your next songs.

Damn wtf it sounds like the guitars are like falling apart or some shit on the first three tracks

o shit forgot pic

i know right. isn't it great?

They sound pretty fucking great.

Something similar to pic related? I know it's not shoegaze but I wanted to bump the thread