Who is the most universally respected musician on Sup Forums? Pic related

Who is the most universally respected musician on Sup Forums? Pic related

Don't see him mentioned a lot, but probably Hendrix.

eno

I don't respect him at all. I think he's a talentless hack.

here is your reply

I've seen him get hate over his playing style but never in general.

(you)

Hendrix sucks

Frank Zappa

Probably David Bowie. I've never heard a bad thing about him, unlike the other founders of good music in mainstream that this board shits on.

Yeah I second this

Brian fucking May anyone? The virtuoso?

>no Trent Reznor

Haha oh wow

Elliott Smith
literally never seen a bad word about him here

>>really?

i'm edgy because after 21 years of being spat on and then told to just fucking deal with it, i've had enough?

that constitutes edginess in your opinion?

sounds like retribution to me. your misconstrued rhetoric is of no weight.

see, the danger with shitting on a person for their whole life is that at a certain point, said person stops fearing the shit. they've become so accustomed to it, that it becomes impossible to control them, and they won't cling to your societal imposed status-quos for fear of being shit on anymore, because said shit is all they know

don't understand yet? that's ok. just wait. wait, and in the meantime just keep shitting on people, and eventually you'll understand first-hand what i'm talking about, and what happens when a man is pushed to the brink

'nothing in the world is more dangerous than a desperate man'

Why it's me, Wayne Coyne of course!

scuze me?

Michael Gira, Mark Kozelek, Kevin Shields, Brian Wilson, Bjork, Avey Tare, David Bowie, Van Morrison.

I've almost not seen a single good thing said about this man leeel

>Mark Kozelek
Listen, I love the guy and his music but Benji turned him into a walking meme.

Daniel Johnston

Seconding Brian.

bump

Seconded
And it's staying that way if I can help it

He's cool to hate because of CLT.

>respecting manlets

Fripp
Eno
Bowie
Byrne

>Memewie

I have little respect for Brian May. He's got ability, sure, but he's pathologically obsessed with cashing in on Queen's reputation and legacy at every turn.

It's also his fault that the Freddie Mercury biopic was going to have Freddie die in the first act, and have the remainder of the film be about he band trying to get by without him.

not sure how the rest of moo feels but I gotta give props to richard cheese for turning so many different genres/songs into lounge music

roberto frippo

d a d d y

this

this

i vote steve hackett
respectable
respectable
respectable, but shit personality
half of the people on here hate him and half of the people on here cum at the first three notes at montana
respectable but overrated
good guitarist, but asshole
respectable
shitty fanbase
her dead petz
respectable, meh, respectable, meh, bad, meh., overrated, meh
a meme
copyright whore and terrible personality (but great musician), respectable, overrated, turned talking heads into a bad pop band after eno left
no

why does Eno have a shit personality?

Bowie or Sufjan

Hardy Fox

Holy fucking shit dude

Good question. Eno is one of nicest artists.

it's the internet

calm down

Step aside plebs.

the REAL answer.

Elvis

I saw Weird Al in a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh! Thank you very much!” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and playing his accordion and making me laugh really hard. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him blow a whistle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Weird Al trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Make A Wish kids while everyone else cheered and sang the "Amish Paradise" while holding candles.The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you are a beacon of light on an otherwise stormy day. Please play us a song!” At first he pretending to be tired and not hear her, but after he helped an elderly couple put their groceries into the back of their mid-sized sedan, he came back around and played "Another One Rides the Bus" 15 times in a row because people wouldn't stop requesting it.

weird al is pretty funny but his new stuff is really not that great

This is actually what I think it would be like to meet him

My hair looks exactly like this

Love his version of Down with the Sickness

D+ copypasta

wrong one

Him

i will smash your shit right in

I hope Wayne Coyne gets hit by a car

This. Your getting Fripp and Eno confused.

Panda Bear

this made me spit my water

Probably Thom the Autist

I'd argue the most UNIVERSALLY praised on this board is Frank Ocean.
I haven't seen anyone that doesn't adore him here.

Fuck off akon

Bach

Devo

Eliott Smith

Phil Elverum.

>ctrl+f
>no Kanye Yeeze
it seems the kids are sleeping

I think Seppo Hovi

of course, of course

Nick Drake

Here I am, he's bloody boring mate

post the full comic

Grimes

Could it have been anyone other than MISSTA WOWWDWIIIIIDE?

i think Planet Orange was really generic, lyrically uninteresting, and, worst, intentionally memetic

literally maxmoefoe

THIS

tää

I just came here to say how much I love Weird Al.

>ctrl+f "John Fogerty"
>No Results Found
smdh

Out of serious musicians, Nick cave would have to be up there. Overall though Weird Al is probably correct. You have to be a pretty broken person to hate weird al

AnCo in full gets a bit of hate, but Deakin seems pretty universally loved especially after Sleep Cycle

I miss deakin i hope he comes back here

tfw hell never come back here again

David Byrne

It's 100% Brian Wilson.

This and Brian Eno

I agree, his version of creep made me laugh my ass off.

this.

Even if you hate The Beach Boys, there's no way you don't love Brian Wilson.

Still assblasted, Cornell?

Who could hate this pretty little face?

this

This man, perhaps?