What do you think of the last shadow puppets? besides "le arctic monkees sux" meme...

what do you think of the last shadow puppets? besides "le arctic monkees sux" meme, I think their two albums are really comfy

this new one is pretty great, even though the debut remains my favorite.

my complaints are that it's too short and some of the songs aren't as strong as they probably could've been, i.e. "Sweet Dreams, TN" and "Bad Habits". 2nd half just doesn't do it for me as much as the first half, but i still enjoy v much.

I've heard a few songs here and there cause one of my best friends is an AM/Alex Turner superfan and honestly it hits me like a wall of flavourless mashed potato
Completely bland, and I like AM, even some of their newer stuff has its merits

Turner lost all his talent and dresses like hes in a Broadway musical about the 50s

when did he lose it?

After Humbug imo
It hasnt been long enough to say hes permanently crapped out like Rivers but AM and the new LSM were bland as shit.

truer words have never been posted

LSP > Arctic monkeys desu

I actually thought that too but I really the LSP albums more than any AM-post humbug album, in fact I'd dare to say that LSP is way close to the humbug sound

this so much

no

>tfw arctic monkeys already hit their creative peak with humbug and will never top that album

>tfw when they'll probably never play songs from Humbug (besides Crying Lightning and My Propeller) live again

I think it is far better than anything the Arctic Monkey's have ever put out-in fact I wish he would make it his main project for a while.

we got three above average albums out of them, that's good enough for me

These people overrating the shit out of Humbug when it's a fact they peaked with FWN. Humbug has some great songs, but man THAT FUCKING FILLER BAKA

this, besides FWN has Only Ones who Know which is AM's best song

FWN is by far my favourite AM album, but I wouldn't say Humbug is overrated... at least not now that many of their fans are teenage girls that post AM phrases on their tumblr...
and fuck me, Only Ones Who Know always brings the feels home

I don't think Humbug is bad tho. It's just that I kinda get triggered when someone calls it their favourite or where they "peaked". Nothing can beat the aggressiveness and uptempo feel of FWN at least IMO.

I like the songs with the Morricone influence but the other songs are just okay I guess.

>all this contrarianism

suck it and see and am were both great
am is by far their best album. turner is at his songwriting peak

t. a 15 year old girl that lost her virginity to a 23 year old to am

lol good try kiddo i was already 18+ when their second album came out, i cherished this band back when they were just a myspace sensation. AM is, objectively speaking, their superior album

i do think SIAS and AM are great too

:(

it's strange because i think it's kinda the way around. by the way, which songs on humbug do you consider filler?

not really their best but it does bring the feels home, along with do me a favour

songs like Fire and the Thud, The Jeweller's Hands and Potion Approaching

kek

it's not contrarianism... contrarianism would be saying the first 2 albums are shit or something like that. also, SIAS is fucking garbage except for 2-3 songs

you probably read NME or some shit like that

FATT is one of the sexiest songs you shut up.

>Fire and the Thud
>Potion Approaching
I mean, Fire is kinda debatable, but Potion is fucking great

when you have songs like My Propeller, Pretty Visitors, Secret Door, Crying Lightning or Cornerstone, let's be honest, you'd consider those filler too

I meant you'd consider FATT and Potion Approaching filler too

nah, I'd say Strange, Jeweller or Red Right Hand are fillers

ironically the first two songs are my favourites on the album

and those are the only ones they still play in their shows

no, i mean fire and the thud and jeweller's hands, the first two songs mentioned in

ah, sorry... still, it's a shame that they only play those