although idk why you grouped swans with those guys

spirit of eden is better though

when that one guy shows up at the thread

yup
you're gonna be wrong about a lot of things

It's My Life is clearly their magnum opus

spiderland>>>>>

>Puts Godspeed to shame

Not even fucking close, plus, Godspeed made different post rock. Basically Doom Paul post rock.

>Puts Sigur Ros to shame

Maybe Sigur Ros' later work, but not AB or ().

Its a good album, but I don't understand why it is seen as so important in the post-rock cannon

Do you want a metal?
Yeah, it's nothing like anything else out of post rock. I know saying this is a meme, but Laughing Stock really feels like the logical conclusion to rock in a way. Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Swans comparatively sound like music for children.

Correct
It's basically the best post rock album ever
Spirit of Eden is a close second

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

That album sounds like something I would have thought was amazing when I was nineteen.

>godspeed
"no"
>swans
"NO"
>sigur ros
yeah maybe

>godspeed
Nope
>swans
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
>sigur ros
Well no shit, these guys are garbage

ITT: "I have better taste than you"

literally every thread on Sup Forums in some form

Even Hex?

Hoooooly shit I gave you the benefit of the doubt for months Montie but this is the last straw. Fuck you.

Ya, it is SO good. Deeply moving album. Love that there's no way that this can be an obnoxious meme. People are pretty resolute about it being a classic.

Wow, that's really cool!

Leave it to Montie to have a shitty opinion.
It's probably better if you stop tripping so that way we don't have a face to tie your shit taste to.

>gy!be
yes
>swans
not on SFTB
>sigur rós
maybe not

Holy fucking christ no, this album is fucking boring goddamned overhyped trash. There isn't a single interesting or original idea on this piece of shit record. Talk Talk is a bunch of motherfucking hacks. Goddamn I hate this stupid fucking boring album.

Hex is pretty close to equal, but not as consistently good. Last track on Hex feels like filler.

Hex is great, but Hollis' vocals are just sublime

For once I agree with you, Montie.

Why this album? It's not that great desu. It doesn't put anything but really bad music to shame. Spirit of Eden on the other hand DOES put those artists to shame.

>second half sucks
>puts anything to shame
It's good and all, but nothing beats GYBE

Congrats OP, you're correct

>Its a good album, but I don't understand why it is seen as so important in the post-rock cannon
NO MONTIE YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND SHIT GO FUCKING CUT OFF YOUR DICK AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT