/grimes general/

post grimes discussion in this thread

waifufags, anime, hammers and haters not welcome.

lets all talk about one of the greatest artists of the decade!

Starting off with some somber rare grimes: youtube.com/watch?v=W-qIkJY_5Zw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05gZ4lYi-Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fist post in thread

What is your opinion on the song posted?

We don't have any lyrics, I want you to listen to it closely and try to find them out for yourself, and then derive meaning from them, and how it relates to the melody.

It's a bit tricky because her mixing is pretty terrible and she was singing into a laptop microphone.

>daddy loose my foggy mind and
Top wew.
>pray the bad out of me
Parents concerned about the well being of their daughter, turn to their god to try and fix her?
>put my pieces inside a pouch
Grimes hides pieces of something in a pouch?
>???????????? to see
I can't even hear anything for most of this
>I will swim, I will sit
I can't make heads or tales of this, it probably relies on the last verse
>I will ride upon a whale
it's all a dream, maybe. why else would she be riding on a whale?

Jesus does it even mean anything? Maybe I'm bad at hearing lyrics.

Grimes thread:

>fraudulent fan-fiction
> inane objects of desire
>cute waifs
>underage banter
>irrational love/hate

pretty much complete grimes thread

>fraudulent fan-fiction
what? people post grimes slash fics here?

i wanna see some in a morbid curiosity kind of way

These old songs are so full of esoteric feels. I don't know what to make of it.

official rankings

>albums

Halfaxa > Art Angels > Geidi Primes > Visions > Darkbloom

>music videos

Genesis > Kill v. Maim > REALiTi > Oblivion > California > Vanessa > Flesh without Blood/Life in the Vivid Dream > Go > Crystal Ball > Nightmusic

hate 4krebs so much, if this was normal board i could post all gifs in 10 sec.

>geidi primes
>ahead of anything

I wanna make 2011 grimes laugh with me like that

how do, Sup Forums?

>one of the greatest artists of the decade
Grimes is literally fucking tumblrcore. She's comparable to other shitty """"""""""le altrr music""""""""""" like The 1975 Lana Del Ray or fucking Halsey. You all have absolutely BORING tastes in music. Grimes has never had an interesting or original lyrical or musical idea in her miserable career

>getting this triggered by a smelly post-goth weirdo

she is dead inside already

Also edgy and not at all cringey image macro you got from tumblr there op!

I just get triggered by how many goddamn grimesposters there are on this fucking board

all me

Here's your (You)

Don't say such depressing things. Its not true!

no she's just grown up

she's finally run out of repressed years she missed out on being a teenager, so she's finally up and matured into a woman.

I'm happy for that, but I'm also selfish and kind of wish I could have gotten to know her while she was still youthful.

>growing up
>being dead inside

I see no difference

>smelly
>weirdo
Grimes is NOT smelly and she is NOT weird

DO not POST these lies ANYMORE

Just a reminder that 'spork' backwards is 'korps' which is random and cuhrazyy like Grimes xDDD

its krops actually

>that faggot seb had unlimited access to this human bean
>he threw it away for a couple of bucks
its not fucking fair, lads. that scumfuck doesn't deserve to have known claire for 11+ years.

i would kill to turn back time and be put in seb's shoes. i wouldn't fuck it up. not like he did.

Some people die inside before growing up.

I'm hearing a lot about this "Seb" guy lately. What did he do?

I wouldn't mind being above average looking canadian male either, but that are ricardo tier delusions

literally nothing wrong

I listened to Grimes for the first time the other day. Visions, I like this album. I have been listening to it in it's entirety. What would you guys recommend I listen to next?

Managed her extremely poorly. Nearly killed her with touring. Set extreme dates for releases. Refused to let her retain rights to her old material. Continually re-issues said material and gives no profits to claire. Attempted to prevent her from leaving his label after she signed 4ad.

He's also the reason why the montreal underground scene turned their back on her and propogated the "sellout" narrative.

Art Angels.

Halfaxa and her magnum opus Geidi primes and when you realize that you missed Grimes in her prime just use helium tank and listen to Go single till the last minute of your life.

wow, what a nasty nasty guy.

nasty nasty guy

He also tried to give strychnine to grimes but by the time she was already done with heroin.

>but muh illusion

you will be even more dead inside by the time you hit 28, at least she is not a wage slave

It was not only that I could not become spiteful, I did not know how to become anything; neither spiteful nor kind, neither a rascal nor an honest man, neither a hero nor an insect. Now, I am living out my life in my corner, taunting myself with the spiteful and useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot become anything seriously, and it is only the fool who becomes anything. Yes, a man in the twenty first century must and morally ought to be pre-eminently a characterless creature; a man of character, an active man is pre-eminently a limited creature. That is my conviction of thirty years. I am thirty years old now, and you know thirty years is a whole lifetime; you know it is extreme old age. To live longer than thirty years is bad manners, is vulgar, immoral.

We all love Grimes.

Why I have never seen this posted before.

Based Seb!

Also Claire was stunning when she was young teenager.

You forgot your tripcode, cuckerino.

i love these

>Based Seb!
What do you mean?

Regardless of what you think about Grimes, on her threads you can find:
- good discussion (occasionally really good)
- pics
- memes and pastas
- obvious shitposts and trolling
- hate speech
- youtube links.

They all tend to have a shitload of replies and flamed arguments. They're diverse and entertaining. People that love her or love to hate her, they all enjoy posting non-stop about one of the best artists of the decade.

Shame about the Nightmusic vid. That fantastic song deserved a better video.

Your opinion is objectively shit.

Hey guys, should I listen to Grimes?

In other words...
>stop posting about the artists I hate
That's rich.

Of course. What music do you like? (to recommend you the best starting point)

Hipster indie, post-punk, shoegaze, breakcore

he posted that young grimes with gun picture in his record label website.

Start with Visions. That album is fucking great and it contains some of her best songs. Then listen to Darkbloom EP, Art Angels, Geidi Primes and Halfaxa (in this order). The latter 2 albums are more difficult to get into them, so don't give up easily if you don't like them.

Majical Cloudz (devon) probably on the same artistic level as grimes, yet it is 20-30 times less popular in variety of metrics.

Women artists are so priviledged it is sickening

youtube.com/watch?v=05gZ4lYi-Ho

Nah

I'll give it a go! Thanks user.

He's not on the same level as Grimes. Not even close.

>Women artists are so priviledged it is sickening
Is this a joke? How many female artists are on the festival lineups? How many female artists are well known, besides the obvious big popstars?

claire did heroin?

Cool. My fave 4 songs from Visions are Be a Body, Symphonia IX, Genesis and Oblivion.

No. Don't believe anything on this board.

>Be a Body, Symphonia IX, Genesis and Oblivion.

my negro

>not eight, skin, color of moonlight and circumambient

what the hell plebeans?

>eight, skin, color of moonlight and circumambient

im too mainstream for those tracks

Don't get me wrong, I love these songs too. But those 4 mentioned by me are superior.

>you will never snuggle up next to grimes on the bus during a tour of european cities

why exist in this cold cruel world?

So, 4 songs?

>Genesis, Circumambient, Vowels, Symphonia IX

why dont you like oblivion?

She has that Hana chick to snuggle with, i can take solace in that.

Listened too much

>not wanting to snuggle them both at the same time all while on tour

why do i even have skin if it will never experience this?

oh i understand. so its not like you think its a bad track.

Did you like Claire's singing voice after the first listen or it was an acquired taste? For me it was the latter.

So far, Visions is Sup Forums as fuck. I'm not used to the vocals, but the texture of the sound is very nice.

>I'm not used to the vocals
This is the most difficult thing about this album. You'll get used to her voice after more listens. In fact now I can't imagine these songs without her voice. Keep listening.

I wasn't that impressed by her voice until Art Angels rolled around

Same. On AA her voice is very in foreground. Realiti was the "eye opener".

>Did you like Claire's singing voice after the first listen or it was an acquired taste?

i liked it on first hearing it. i think she has a nice voice. its surprisingly lower when she talks.

Circumambient and Vowels were the high points - album's pretty good so far. Looking forward to digesting it and doing a second listen.

It's not at all reverb dependent this time and the vocals actually sound planned in making these songs.

I like that contrast with the Realiti demo too, it's not so much nodding-out sounding.

>its surprisingly lower when she talks.
She's kind of an obnoxious speaker.

She's just awkward, not obnoxious.

youtube.com/watch?v=TImLVIJS3tE

she seems to think pretty highly of her own opinion. id call it "confidence"

No, she's adorably sweet.

that interviewer was so terrible. poor claire having to put up with these clowns. if only i could console her.

>There’s a psychology to success. I was reading all these biographies and watching documentaries about people who are successful. It seemed like the only thread amongst everybody is that unflinching, “Yes, I can do this and I am the best.” It’s a personal rhetoric that you can develop. Like, if you go and tell journalists, “I’m the future of music,” then people start printing that. So I’m just going to tell everyone I’m making the future of music. I’M GOING TO FORCE THE SITUATION TO HAPPEN.

Daily reminder Grimes is a malnourished goblin boy

Holy fucking shit, she's waifu tier as fuck.
>tfw you didn't meet her before she was famous
>tfw you'll never get to hang out with her

she knows [spoiler]the secret[/spoiler]. nothing can stop her.

>malnourished goblin boy

only two of those are true desu

Daily reminder you're a sad, talentless, jelly Clairebasher.

>Daily reminder you're a sad, talentless, jelly Clairebasher.

ooh sick burn. you tell 'im.