OMAR IS BACK

12 NEW ALBUMS IN SIX MONTHS

orlprojects.com/

holy shit mane, now that atdi isn't going to reunite anymore, he has even more time to make some good shit

almost certain there will also be at least a new atdi ep. this man does not stop making music, he probably has stuff in the vault for every project he's a part of. saw an interview at the beginning of the reunion saying he'd been sending music back and forth with atdi members since he started mars volta

that's cool actually. I thought omar and cedric basically avoided all the other members of atdi. Does this man live in his own record studio?

yes omar-s 'the best' get this stinky prog shit outta here

Is there a chart or something for Omar's solo work? I love TMV so have been meaning to check it out but he has a lot of stuff so I'm not sure where to start; I don't wanna randomly pick out the "bad" ones or something and get turned off

I'm a huge tmv fan and I've only listened to a handful of omar solo albums because I've only seen a few on youtube and there's only a compilation on Spotify.

I thought there was one floating around out there I might be wrong though. Check out Xenophanes (Was going to be lp8), Solar Gambling, Old Money, Unicorn Skeleton Mask, Se Dice, and the live albums.

I knew that re-union wasn't going to go well. Shame people can't get over shit, but who really knows what it could be about.

I think it was mainly jim they didn't talk to, no surprise he wasn't part of this reunion. iirc the bassist from atdi was in mars volta for a while

There is one that missed some of the more recent albums, don't have it myself though

I know them all pretty well, I'd say start off with Old Money, Se Dice Bisonte, Cizana de los Amores, and Solar Gambling. They're all worth checking out. The ones I listed are close to 'proper' albums but a lot of them are just vague experiments

The reunion has been mostly great, from what I understand (and having seen them). Cedric's voice went out so they cancelled a few shows at the last minute (i.e. when the venue was already full) and people were not happy, understandably.

yeah, you're right, Jim Ward's brother was TMV's bassist on De-Loused

I must correct myself. They're currently touring Australia without Jim

So that's what happened, I thought they were beefing or something,

DIDDLER

I remember listening to an album he made with his wife. I think it was Xenophanes, I guess?

monties a faggot

Yeah, he made a few (inc. Xenophanes) with his girlfriend at the time, Ximena Sarinana, who is a mexican pop star. I think the best album they did together was Cizana but it's much more toned down than his Mars Volta stuff

thanks I'll check out

Isn't there a new Antemasque record this year? Wasn't a fan of the first one, but it has Omar and Cedric so I'll listen anyway.

I'm hoping for, latched to large lorry drug across road to a sliver o flesh. #howcomarmustdie

u better split spic unless u want a brick