Albums where the 2nd half is better than the 1st

It's the other way around

OP here, meant "first half is better than the second"

I disagree greatly, Little by Little and Morning Mr Magpie are disappointing (the studio versions, the live versions are great). Side 2 is exceptional.

Yeah, you aren't the OP, and you're wrong.

1st half is 9/10, 2nd half is 10/10

Little by little is one of the best songs they've put out.

I don't agree. To be clear, I think it's good, but Radiohead are my favourite band and I judge them on their own impeccable standards. I think Little by Little *just* misses the mark.

The live version is fucking brilliant though. TKOL as a whole is so much better in the From the Basement session, the recording just loses something.

It's good, but it's no Lotus Flower, or Codex, or Give Up the Ghost, or even Seperator

>It's good, but it's no Codex, or Give Up the Ghost
No, because it's not shit.

Not that poster, but Codex is fucking incredible, it's like Pyramid Song's brother.

Codex and Give Up The Ghost are some of the most bland and boring songs Radiohead have ever made

Just download this, better be good. I trust you.

Is this your first day on Sup Forums?

I respectfully disagree. Both sides are great, but the 1st seems more cohesive.

Good shout.

The first half may be more cohesive, but I feel that the second half has stronger songwriting.

The second half has Crown of Love though, the literal worst song they've ever made

yeah fair enough. The only song on disc 2 i dont like is The Future, although Hunter is my favourite on the whole album

Yeah that's fair, but Wake Up, Rebellion and In the Backseat make it (slightly) stronger than the 1st imo. Not a fan of 7 Kettles at all.

it's still better than most songs on reflektor and the suburbs

GUTG yes, Codex no.

I would say the middle (tracks 3-6) is better than the ends.

>calling the 2 best songs on the album boring

One of These Days is great, but it's hard to compete with Echoes.

Very notable example

Voodoo is pretty consistent but it does peak right near the end, so...

Definitely. Bloom is the only song that holds a candle to the second half. Feral is p cool too.

Agreed. Although the whole album is solid really. One of these Days, A Pillow of Winds and Fearless are all 9-10/10 tracks. It's a shame that Echoes happens to be a 20/10 track. Also Seamus and San Tropez are pretty shit.

I'd say this album is actually really consistent. But yeah, the three track run at the end probably makes the second half win by a hair.

i think this too. the first half is trash, the second half is a work of art

Would be true if not for Tunnels, which is easily the best song they've done.

IT'S NOT SO IMPOSSIBLE!

This sounds weird, but Tunnels actually damages the 1st half of the album for me *because* it's so good. Tunnels is incredible, and any songs following it feel mildly disappointing. Then, after a while, it feels like you come out of a bit of a lull in the 2nd half.

this

everything after Lotus Flower sucks
Give Up the Ghost is one of the worst Radiohead songs and even worse it made it on the album while Staircase (which gels perfectly with the aesthetic of the album) isn't on it

Actually King of Limbs should have been released in 2012 with a tracklist more like this:

1 Bloom
2 Morning Mr Magpie
3 Little By Little
4 Feral
5 Lotus Flower
6 Identikit
7 Staircase
8 The Daily Mail

Codex isn't even in the same ballpark as Pyramid Song

Ah, I kind of see what you mean.

Don't think Daily Mail would work as a closer but other than that I think you're right.

lel first half has tunnels and power out their two best songs

I mean, "major stylistic left turn for the closer" is what they did on Kid A, Amnesiac, and even to some degree on HTTT, to dazzling effect.Not that I think Daily Mail is as strong as MPS or Glasshouse or Wolf, but I think it's a good song that'd be a fuck of a lot stronger end note than Separator

>maybe if I say a lot of words, it will disguise my obviously wrong opinion
It didn't work, but I admire the effort

>2 or 3 sentences
>a lot of words

t. 7th grade dropout

that alternate list made me laugh harder than it should. Here, have an upvote.

Same

TKOL definitely, I'd also say The Bends.

Fuckin beat me to it.

Its not really the 1st sides fault, its good too, its just the album's closing and 2nd half is so fucking incredible.

I was going to post this. Although I think Made-Up Dreams and I Would Hurt a Fly are there best songs. Randy Described Eternity is just decent, and Stop the Show is meh.

agreed, but the 2nd half wouldnt be good with out the 1st half, the whole album is immaculate

truth.

Fair point.

Agreed. Side 1 is exceptional, but side 2 is out of this world. Twenty Four Hours may just be their best song.

meep meep