What, in your opinion, is the greatest rock song ever recorded...

What, in your opinion, is the greatest rock song ever recorded? My vote goes to either House Burning Down or Machine Gun.

I know Sup Forums boner for Sister Ray, for some reason, so please give an original answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdELzBV9pyo
open.spotify.com/user/1158438491/playlist/4HDGBzc6pFTOLbrfi5mZPE
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3EWmdEki8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Significant Other

Sister Ray

Sister Gay

On GP

Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
by a landslide

sistah ray

it's A Day in The Life or Light My Fire

The Great Curve

The End

You Set the Scene- Love

youtube.com/watch?v=KdELzBV9pyo

Somebody tell me what they think.

a day in the life

Machine Gun is just godly.

Paranoid Android

The Sound by Swans.

Someone explain this one to me. Sister Ray is a good song, yeah, but what makes it so exceptional?

Strawberry Fields Forever or God Only Knows.

Venus in Furs

>I know Sup Forums boner for Sister Ray, for some reason, so please give an original answer.
Well. That was going to be my pick But if you want me to pick something else. I have to go with Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones

Only right answers.
Also a tribe called quest.

The Sonics are the best rock band of all time, prove me wrong.

Yes - Close to the Edge

prolly something by soft machine with wyatt or 70's king crimson

Beatles or Doors?

Beatles - A Day In The Life
Pink Floyd - Echoes
King Crimson - Starless
Yes - Close To The Edge
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

these are powerful contenders

Pretty godly. Acceptable answer.

An excellent choice, but mine would probably have to be You Made Me Realize. The riff is great, the timbres are on point, and it's an oddity among the rest of MBV's catalogue to boot, which is pretty cool when you consider how pioneering the band was at the time. I especially like the fact that although it's different, it still had that distinct vibe that only MBV has.

>Thick As A Brick
An absolute masterpiece.

Surprisingly good taste in this thread, I'm digging it.

This really
These songs are undeniably perfect

this song sounds like Swans what the fuck?

Red Sleeping Beauty by Mccarthy

I could see that comparison, come to think of it. But it sounds a little too poppy for Swans.

definitely up there, my man.

y'all gonna want to ban me, but i probably gotta go with the Stones' Satisfaction. Get Off of My Cloud perhaps. or Berry's Roll Over Beethoven. maybe something off the Nuggets compilation. hard to choose.

most definitely not Sister Ray or any of the other convoluted bullshit mentioned ITT.

Tubular Bells

I really, really like Souvlaki Space Station. The Great Curve was also mentioned.

Motorpsycho - Vortex Surfer

on second thought i'm gonna go with Johnny B. Goode.

I kinda agree with you, I guess it just depends on what you consider rock music
I mean, I don't really like Satisfaction tbqh, but I could understand it being a dope rock song

Johnny B. Goode.

yeah it's pretty great, but it's too folk/pop inspired to ve a proper rock song.

Hardly rock.

The rock song that gets me everytime (I know it sounds a lot like Satisfaction) is Mr. Soul by the Buffalo Springfield. For me it captures the whole essence of the E/A/D chorded rock song.

Bold as love

Both are absolutely rock.

way too much pop in them

Just made a playlist of the greatest tracks in mainstream music. Does it look acceptable?

open.spotify.com/user/1158438491/playlist/4HDGBzc6pFTOLbrfi5mZPE

perhaps. not that i wouldn't consider the more decorated stuff still rock, but nothing beats witty minimalist efficiency coupled with an engaging, charismatic performance for me.

What a fool believes beats any jimi hendrix song by a longshot.

Layla

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3EWmdEki8

>Not posting the greatest live-recorded rock song ever.

Sadly Jimi Hendrix did not write All Along The Watchtower so it would be unfair to give him the award for that clearly incomparable song

more than a feeling
dirty boy
penny lane