thats bc it's an optical illusion

what makes a sound pleasing?

>pleasing
People are pleased by different things

wrong

only someone with a mental disorder could find this shit pleasing

thats subjective
also a very shitty argument

music is more than just sounds you here and nod your head to and the sooner you figure that out im sure the sooner your music taste will grow

that being said pulse demon is a pretty shit album

this

this is not real music you fucking avant teens

This guy just fucked up the whole argument. disregard this post.
you might derive pleasure from pulse demon, or asmr videos, or the wind, but that doesn't make it music. no rhythm, no melody, no music.

I don't find it pleasing, you're just wrong

>this is not real music you fucking avant teens
im glad my definition of music isnt as bland and tasteless as yours you fucking faggot

This album is anything but pleasing
It would be more pleasing if I gave my dick a swirly

It's fun

>nonsense ad hominem
JUST

Don't do this
The only reason people like Merzbow makes this music is because it's a statement, and you fall right into the Jap's trap by saying that it isn't REAL music. That's what he wants you to do.
Noise is music. Don't argue, the avant garde has spoken. If you didn't like it, just ignore it and move on. We really don't need this conversation again

fuck off retard

>no rhythm, no melody, no music.
how knew are you to music?
any one who has listen to more than 100 albums should know theres a lot more than just rhythm and melody

you fucked up the whole argument too

avant teen

Personally I view the concept of music as any sounds that have been arranged by someone in a purposeful way

no u

not music

its not real music

go to bed john cage

I have autism and this kind of music helps me escape from the world.

I don't appreciate avant teens pretending to understand what it has to offer.

kek

you are retarded

so morse code is music?

Why shouldn't that be what music is?

>i have autism
everyone already assumed that, your on Sup Forums

So you're just here to bait and argue
K

Music is frequencies and vibrations sequenced and composed for artistic expression. If i record myself taking a giant dump it's still music. You can argue it's shitty but it's still music. but obvious bait

Jesus fuck. I love how these threads go

>noise album is not real music
or
>is this music? people like this shit?
>agree it's not music
>it's music beca-
>no it's not
>but...
>no it's not, you're baiting, i'm objectively right! you avant-teen

that's exactly how they should go

Correct, it isn't music. Join us at /avg/ and discuss your favorite music that's actually avant-garde and experimental.

It's sound and someone called it music, so it's music.

Welp, you heard it hear folks, what ever this guy says is right.
Music = Pleasing Sounds

God you're so close minded, I happen to find Noise music pleasing, therefore it must be music, right? Because you said music is pleasing sounds, right? It may not be music to YOU, but to a lot of other people, it is.

Oh boy the pulse demon isn't music thread! We haven't had one of these in a week

>people actually think this
oh well, I've had people say autechre isn't music

is it at least good "not-music"?

I don't want to get into the definition of music or anything but I will say this:

It really bothers me that some ugly, shit eating, vegan gook fucking around with static in audacity is considered to be in the same category as something like Vivaldi's Four Seasons or Pet Sounds.

I hope you poseur fucks get permanent hearing damage from this trash.

You probably don't like modern too much huh? Well have fun in the 1800s buddy

>Pet Sounds
>1800s

>Vivaldi
>1800s

fuck off

You must be mentally retarded, and I mean this in a literal way. No one with a healthy mind should find this pleasing, seek help.

this

noise is not music

Why not?

Itt: plebs

This shit is a joke. It's a fucking meme you dip.

good post

this is the only correct answer and everyone else is not completely right or objectively wrong

noose yaslef boys

>noise is music
Literally, no. Noise isn't music. That's why the two words aren't synonyms. If I slam my face into the keyboard, is the sound it makes music? I've got an idea for a great noise track. It's 30 hours of a fly buzzing in your ears. Is it avant-garde music? Or is it just some fucking bullshit?

Music: Sound arranged in deliberate sequence for the purpose of art.

Noise, as a noun describing sound, may not be music, but noise, as in the genre of music, is music.

Even if it isn't music I still listen to it for fun. But I consider noise music. It sounds really cool to me

But the definition of noise music is such a cop-out. It's practically, "make anything music by just saying so"

It is in a musical context. How dumb can you be?

Actually, it's "a category of music that is characterised by the expressive use of noise within a musical context."

I don't think I've ever once seen an interesting or worthwhile post on Sup Forums that had to do with what defines a particular artform and which edge cases fall into that definition.

if you listen to it at a lower volume, it's like being wrapped in a blanket of noise.

Besides this, noise is more of an art movement. The whole "this isn't actually music" thing is part of it. The point is challenging the notion of what music is.

Noise can be incredibly musical, even to people who don't listen to Merzbow. Sonic Youth is so influential because they were one of the first big bands to incorporate noise into their music and make it appealing to everyone (or at least most people). So noise isn't just music, it's an extremely important and culturally significant art movement.

It started with Luigu Russolo and the Italian futurists, if you want to know more about this.

What is sound design

And plenty of offensively shitty musicians are also in that same extremely massive category that is music. It's a fact, I'm not gonna be pissed because a forth grader's drawing of a werewolf is in the same "category" as Picasso.

Luigi*

Sorry

YAHOO! Noise sure is a shitty genre!

Fucking new this was coming

Fuck I hate this place

Too lazy to read most of this thread, so I apologize if any of the points I am making have already been mentioned.

4chanthony Sup Forumstano has a pretty interesting discussion on "extreme" music genres like this, drone, lowercase, and free jazz. The guest he has on the video explains two of the main appeals of noise music to be as follow:
- It's rather hard to make noise music. If you were to put any random person with at least some music experience in front of a basic DAW like FL Studio or Logic, they would probably be able to make a simple melody. They most likely WOULDN'T be able to reproduce any of the sounds that you hear in noise music. Part of the wonder of noise music is to make the listener say, "Hey, that sound is something I've never heard before, and I have no idea how the producer did that. How cool!" In this sense, it may be harder for people who don't have a background in music to appreciate noise music (not trying to promote any type of elitism here btw).
- It can act as a palate cleanser. If you ever go to a fancy restaurant, you may be served something called an amuse bouche. It's an appetizer of a sort, but the main purpose of it is to get your tastebuds primed for the main course. Supposedly, listening to noise music can have a similar effect on regular music. Listening to something with almost no sense of order can help you appreciate the more nuanced aspects of a piece of music that you might otherwise overlook.

Those were the main points that I got out of the video. Full disclosure, I didn't like noise before that video, and I still do not like noise. In fact, I would still argue that noise isn't a form of music, but rather a functional piece of audio (similar to an audiobook). However, I now have a much better understanding of why people may be inclined to listen to noise.

you said it yourselves, noise isn't supposed to be enjoyable, it's anti-music

that being said i think the concept is cool

I think that's a great way to put it for people who haven't been introduced to it.

First, nice dubs. Second, yeah it is anti-music but anything can get comfortable once you settle in. I honestly like noice because it sort of feels like agressive atmospheric drone.

thread salvaged

i like a lot of noise rock and no wave but i've always seen pure noise as more of a statement than something that is meant to be listened to, it's like the gerogerigegege putting a tentacle in a cassette box

>noise isn't a form of music, but rather a functional piece of audio
hit the nail on the head imo

listen to this beat

youtu.be/TaRuZd1ClWA

so literally speaking is music...
that being said listening to merzbow can be an interesting experience if you use headphones and turn it up loud with drugs.

Is poetry music?
1.Organized sound
2.Artistic expression
3.rhyme and metre, qualites pertaining to rhythm, even beat

its music if someone records it.

I dont get it, this cat is literally not music

How does that makw it music?

Fuck you and fuck your idea of music, bourgeoisie fag.

you retarded fucking pleb, you just don't understand the cat

So the entirety of electronically-generated music- isn't music?

yes

i don't know how you came to that conclusion

That's why it's called "noise"

WTF this literally sounds like an album Osama and Bush would make together after spending all day at the Guantanamo Bay.

It's for edgy faggots who like to defend this "music" and claim everyone else doesn't understand it. (Noise music)