I have a powerful need in my life to listen to women who check the boxes of the old school sultry jazzclub vocalists...

I have a powerful need in my life to listen to women who check the boxes of the old school sultry jazzclub vocalists. I'm not particularly looking for any kind of special artistry, just something that I could close my eyes to, then hear the opening bar played on a slightly out of tune piano, smell the smoke, feel the lingering sting of cheap whiskey and then that angelic voice kicks in filling up the otherwise empty void that is my life...

Nothing too specific I think..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw
youtube.com/watch?v=gHFk0Asaxuo
youtube.com/watch?v=zZkih54evUs
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4ZoVHsSWb7MBO6PVt9pFeVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

bump?

No suggestions or love for the old school female vocalists or at least someone who calls back to them?

I know what you mean but I never got that ecstatic experience from proper jazz singers. This, however, does it for me: youtube.com/watch?v=m3lF2qEA2cw

Oh shit, thanks homie.

billie holiday

It's like how every once in awhile you just really want a hotdog [or whatever random food that like twice a year you absolutely have to have].

Truthfully, what you posted is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for...just seeing if y'all know about anyone I haven't come across. I need to start paying more attention to this space...but that's a project for another day.

user that was a fucking fantastic shout. First take too.

Sarah Vaughan
Julie London
Blossom Dearie
Madeleine Peyroux

Second attempt, prolly even more obvious: youtube.com/watch?v=gHFk0Asaxuo

Yeah, she's my favorite singer.

Is she a good songwriter? Cuz that voice is perfect

Nope, that's why her career has stagnated.

search for "postmodern jukebox" on kat I love Julie London and some Sarah Vaughan. Don't know the other two, checking them out now, thanks!
God I love that song, better renditions out there (best I ever heard was some no name in a bar outside of Augusta, GA), but a solid version.

Wow, the world is so fucked up. Meghan Trainor gets popular with mompop and she gets passed over?

>Blossom Dearie
mudderfukkin schoolhouse rock!

Yeah, but that version has the context you had in mind.

She needs to be given better songs. The last attempt was 'Can't help falling in love with you' for fuck's sake: youtube.com/watch?v=zZkih54evUs

That isn't gonna work these days.

I gotcha...looking more for the feeling than necessarily the reality of it though.

I really want to hear her in a duet kind of act like The Civil Wars. Probably not commercially viable, but fuck it, I love it. If I win the lottery, I'll start a label and sign her.

Francois Hardy.

Listen to Jeanne Lee's Conspiracy

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4ZoVHsSWb7MBO6PVt9pFeVE

thanks for the replies...gotta hit the rack to get some sleep for work. Feel free to keep them coming. Little would make me happier to see a thread full of recs when I wake up.