Are there any bands that started god tier, fell into the bottom of the barrel and rise again to even better?

are there any bands that started god tier, fell into the bottom of the barrel and rise again to even better?

Animal Collective

Swans

pink floyd

Swans

This guy beat me to it. They started off amazing with STGSTV, then get into some stupid "deep" shit from DM to HCTI, then do some truly fantastic stuff from SJ to MPP.

If you disagree you're just some teenager who only cares about ADD gimmicks instead of well made songwriting.

unless they put a great album after painting with maybe amd even then painting with isn't bottom of the barrel
the burning world would be their lowest point? maybe

The Avalanches are currently in the rock shit bottom so I hope they can rise to the top

Also don't agree with Swans. Soundtracks for the blind is their best release and hasn't been topeed by the seer or TBK.

Filth - Burning World - SFTB
Duh

Celtic Frost

Literally when did they hit bottom?

Soundtracks For The Blind is their masterpiece

But..
Campfire Songs?

see duh

Cool ideas, but crappy execution. The album meanders for way too long which doesn't work either in the context of good interesting songwriting nor in the idea of them being campfire songs or songs to listen to while in nature. Doggy's a great track though it gives me the feels every time cuz I relate hard to it, but outside my personal connection to some of the tracks I can't honestly say it's great music.

I was thinking this and bowie

That era has excellent songwriting, it's just much more subtle. Can you really not hear the pop formulas at work in songs like Essplode or Hey Light? Just because it's experimental doesn't mean it's 2deep4u substanceless trash. I recommend you relisten to it.

Everyone to their own, I guess.
Where some people would consider it a bit boring, I notice small things like the guitar in De Soto De Son, very simple, but for some reason I feel a bit sad when hearing it.
Depends on the person.

There's good stuff there, but again, it's hidden in layers of stuff that they would later improve upon. Not to mention Essplode's a bad example because it's one of the best tracks they made during that time.

Well, like I said, some of that stuff gives me feels, too. Doesn't mean it's actually good. I get feels from Rihanna's Where Have You Been? too. Doesn't mean it's good either.

The Avalanches?

Wire
David Bowie
Coil
Also Ride if you count Coming Up for Air.

Arcade Fire. After Neon Bible they were finished.

U2
They're back better than ever

EWBAITE and white don't touch blue/pinkerton by a long shot; unfortunate truth

Here's some of the great tracks off of Danse Manatee, supposedly their worst

>Another White Singer
>Essplode
>Meet the Light Child
>Throwin the Round Ball
>Lablakely Dress
>In The Singing Box

Plus songs like Bad Crumbs and The Living Toys which are soaked in a beautiful atmosphere that everyone seems to enjoy. I guess you could argue that Feels did it a little better with stuff like Loch Raven and Daffy Duck, but for the most part it stands on its own as a very good and really pretty album that's just as cohesive as their other work. Do you not like those songs?