Who are the biggest scam artists in music history?

Who are the biggest scam artists in music history?

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/danielralston/the-true-story-of-the-fake-zombies-the-strangest-con-in-rock?bftw&utm_term=.mlpwyojKb#.otl71qlae
youtube.com/watch?v=yYuLwQMB7h4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

new meme?

You

James Ferraro

Fake bands
buzzfeed.com/danielralston/the-true-story-of-the-fake-zombies-the-strangest-con-in-rock?bftw&utm_term=.mlpwyojKb#.otl71qlae
This was a thing up until the 80s, there was also Bogus Deep Purple which there's a video of
youtube.com/watch?v=yYuLwQMB7h4
The singer was DP's original singer on their first couple of albums and he's pretty good but the rest of em, yikes

i know this is a troll but he didn't scam anyone

most people who donated realized that her death was a foregone conclusion - you don't tend to 'beat' stage 4 pancreatic cancer, esp if it's inoperable. any person with common sense knows that. it was about showing support and helping out the kid/making sure they didn't drown in medical bills, not saving her life.

>linking to Buzzfeed

lmao

It's a real article, and probably the best one on the subject.

>it was about showing support and making sure they didn't drown in medical bills
This.

This. I don't care how much money he raised. It's not enough to help him absorb the emotional and financial blow.

desu Sup Forums should just be shut down every summer

Deakin and Led Zeppelin

thank you

T.Person who didnt donate

Vektroid

I did donate - admittedly not a whole lot ($5) but it was all I had to give and it was something.

also if you donated and are upset at this outcome then lol you're an idiot 2bh. like i said, if you expected her to survive stage 4 pancreatic cancer then weeeeww lad.

jesus

The guy who got fans to fund his trip to Africa or something

i hope you get stage 4 pancreatic cancer

REST IN PEACE GWENE

Actually sad atm

why

that trip has complaining about the fact that he donated and now wants his money back which is ridiculous, as there was no way she was going to survive. the fact that she had a few months of being overwhelmed with love/support and the relief that her family might be in a less grim place wrt their financial state is what made donating worth it imo.

Led Zeppelin

i was memeing. it's sad she died :(

Fleuve in rotation, sending good thoughts to Phil and anyone close to Genevieve.

Japanese noise bands

these guys make 'limited' copies of noise (ctual noise, like they could put a microphone infront of a radio and put it through some effects and guitar amp dimed and record 45 minutes and theres an entire album) and then sell them for like 400 dollars each because there like super rare and arty n shit LMAO

also

the wutang 5 million dollar CD that martin shkreli bought

amanda palmer is a hugely successful scam artist

yech

I feel bad for Deak and that whole situation. I think he said he was really overwhelmed with his whole Mali project. Didn't he still give tapes to all the backers?

Are artists who entire discography consists of music produced by other people? because there are a ton of female singers who just add their vocals to already popular songs, banks for example.

obvious one

MF Doom

fuck you, you scumbag.
a man just lost his wife,and instead of being respectful of his loss for just a day or two, you call him a scam as a meme. fuck you

meme? he just stole 187k

i don't understand. so if the wife survived, it wouldn't be stealing? what the fuck are you on about

how do you think like this? are you underaged? your brain must not be fully developed