Thanks Sup Forums, I really enjoyed 38 minutes of grandma-core. What's the big secret?

Thanks Sup Forums, I really enjoyed 38 minutes of grandma-core. What's the big secret?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3XaV4yh1xb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AnCo did it better

What did he mean by this?

You have to actually appreciate music

youtube.com/watch?v=3XaV4yh1xb0

Who gives a shit about Pet Sounds
Walkin The Line is a fucking jam

Don't worry about it. If it's not for you, move along. But on your way out, don't be talking shit about music that's obviously tremendously important to a huge segment of the Sup Forums population, just because you didn't get it.

I listened to it when I was going through one of the worst times in my life. I cried and cried all the way through. But I felt better.

There's not really a big secret. You're probably just not the right kind of person for it.

Stop your epic posting son

I couldn't get into Pet Sounds, but I see the appeal of it. Grand, slightly experimental pop music (the 60's version of pop music anyway) given an edge with the vocal harmonies. It's good, but too smooth and pristine for my tastes (I found Smile rather interesting though).

Am I in /r/lewronggeneration?

sorry it's not quite pitchfork core or memerap

even my metalhead friend loves Pet Sounds, you're just an asshole

Just because you're into older music doesn't mean you're that kind of person. I still listen to some new music just not what's mainstream so much anymore. I appreciate 60s and 70s music but not in a way that I have to say every other decade was terrible. They launched a "throwback" hip-hop station in my city and I'm happy. In my mind 2002 was the best year and it was downhill from there. That's not "wrong generation" so much as just a preference for what I grew up with. I like rappers that talk about killing people and selling dope. I don't want to hear some guy mumbling about his relationship problems. When I'm not in the mood for any of that I turn on the oldies channel.

>I like rappers that talk about killing people and selling dope.

This really sounded like a 13yo trying to be edgy even tho I got what you were trying to say

That's exactly what lewronggeneration is.

I thought they were cool when I was an edgy 13 year old so it's not too far off base.

Nah, le wrong generation is "I'm 11 but I love Black Sabbath, I don't know why kids these age listen to Justin Bieber" youtube comments and the like. I still listen to new music. I try to keep an open mind even though it gets harder and harder all the time. When A$AP Rocky first came out I was genuinely excited for what the future held and I thought the shit was going to improve. Trying to turn on the radio these days makes me feel like I was really wrong to think like that.

Having an open mind was what got me into older music in the first place. When I was a kid I hated a lot of the stuff I am into now. You couldn't pay me to sit through an hour of some motown stuff.

Keep setting up straw men, but you cannot hide what's inside.

This isn't a political debate, I'm just stating my personal preferences and beliefs. Music is much more subjective than almost anything else you're ever going to talk about. Trying to dismiss people and put them into generalized groups based on it is kinda retarded. I'm sure I'm into something you are too and we could find common ground if we talked about it long enough. I probably think most of what you like is terrible though and wouldn't bat an eye if one of your favorite bands died in a plane crash.

DESTROYED

this tho

This
You can literally gauge how in touch someone is with their feelings by how well they understand Pet Sounds

You're not alone OP I don't care for pet sounds either. Respect it but don't care for it.

Listen to Don't Talk and Caroline No until you cry.

Watch the movie Love & Mercy. You realize this was the first time a sperg tried to make a album by ringing a bicycle bell so of course other spergs hail it as a classic.

>hurr durr if you like old music go back to fucking reddit

Why is Sup Forums like this?

It inspired Animal Collective.

>tfw never had a serious gf or experienced love so I can't properly understand pet sounds