What happened to these guys...

What happened to these guys? They honestly started out as a pretty cool and mystery project but as their career went on they just began to pander to the shitty, dorky humor of 12 year old 9gag users.

Did they really just lose all dignity and self respect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uvxkEvM81tU
youtube.com/watch?v=ixieIzGoHEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they decided to not take everything so seriously, sure, but bottomless pit and especially the powers that b were very good and highly serious albums

How exactly did they pander to them, specifically? This should be good.

this

Stefan seems to just keep going more abstract with his ideas. The production changed quite a bit, but they seem to be going more towards a punk feel in sound and just attitude.

They haven't pandered to anything. You're just upset because Sup Forums memes them.

as far as recent humor goes, all i can think of are the yuh / have a sad cum shirts, this giving people bad ideas video, and andy saying notice me senpai in bb poison. that's not exactly them losing dignity and self-respect, that's just them injecting some humor into it.

also, their music has gotten more and more serious since exmilitary and the money store, the added humor could just be a way to compensate for that.

Don't forget the airhorn

youtube.com/watch?v=uvxkEvM81tU

This so much

>you have to take yourself seriously or u r pandering to 9gag

News flash: the world doesn't revolve around mu. Go outside once in a while. I know thats hard for this site.

p sure they're just mocking their fanbase at this point because they know how shitty most are

sounds like that faggot filthy frank
>OMG I HATE MY FUCKING FANS THEYRE SUCH FAGGOT BUT I'M GOING TO CONTINUE MAKING THE SAME SHITTY MATERIAL

fuck off

he doesn't hate his fans though

Listen to the lyrics of rice balls

i don't know who that is but that sounds completely different. Death Grips make music because they enjoy making music. They realize their fans are assholes so they've turned ""trolling""/mocking into art. They're not going to stop making music because most of their fans are shitty

Also it makes them loads of money, and Stefan doesn't have to go around delivering pizzas

I really don't think they care about the money too much. Outside of tours and releasing new music they're practically silent. No interviews, no press, nothing like that. And it seems like they're constantly working on new material.

I'm not even that big of a DG fan but they seem t really care about their work.

Trust, Death Grips doesn't go on tour for their fans. They do it for the money. Just because you care about money, doesn't mean your artistic integrity vanishes.

>Directed by Death Grips
>what is satire regarding "art"

but they've cancelled several tours so they could make more music instead. I'm not saying making money off your art is a bad thing I just don't think they care about it too much. P sure Zach was homeless for a while so he's used to being broke.

>they just began to pander to the shitty, dorky humor of 12 year old 9gag users.
You're just wrong though. All that happened was dorky 9gag user began to hear about them and made their lyrics into memes. They didn't change their lyric style at all.

Luckily nobody really believes this anyway

J E N N Y D E A T H W H E N
Zach Hill being in Death Grips sucked out most, if not all, of the mystery from the start. Gimmicks are lame.

This. I also like the catchphrases he comes up with.

>THE FUCK IS THAT, A HAIR STYLE?
>THIS ASSHOLE BE AT PUSSY CHURCH
>3, 4 FUCK YOU BABY
>IMMA FUCK YOU IN HALF

I think they take the music seriously but besides that whats wrong with having fun. If i did music for a living id treat all the image and pr shit as a joke too probably. Theres enough pop music disguised as high art and shit, i think the humor filters the avant teens and leaves more people who enjoy the music

>catchphrases
They're called hooks you idiot

being an art prankster doesnt mean satirizing art
necessarily
go read up on tony conrad and fluxus, for example

they literally started include memes in the lyrics

"Noided" is the biggest meme to come out of the band and they haven't used that once since TMS. I don't think you know what it means to pander.

Just because they make memorable hooks doesn't mean they're pandering.

no, not only memes they make by themselves accidentally
youtube.com/watch?v=ixieIzGoHEo 1:29
i think it's the lowest point so far

they were never good

you were the 12 year old 9gag user for enjoying them

hella was leagues better

>how dare a band have humour in their music!

dis dis dis!

it's a song about internet culture where the first verse is about online dating and has parts that deal with death grips' own twitter account and their fanbase, andy saying "notice me senpai" was both appropriate and a way to lighten the mood a bit

I just think they've got lazy.
Bottomless Pit wasn't bad but it sounded so similar to Jenny Death that it was kind of disappointing. All of their albums have been very distinct but now it just seems like they didn't feel like changing it up anymore.