What does /mu think of SOPHIE ?

I used to hate his work at the beginning, then I tried to understand how he made his sound, and became more and more interested by these blip/metallic/blop sounds. We can say whatever we want but the sound design is tight

Here are a vine and a video of SOPHIE using the Elektron Monomachine :

vine.co/v/MdvBIrmxF2n

vid.me/P2CG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BY9ejw1728w
youtube.com/watch?v=rkxWkXYzVrs
youtube.com/watch?v=2RA-lXK0c0g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektron_Monomachine
youtube.com/watch?v=IWr6LAX2EUE
youtu.be/rbyrsIBSaJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah he's okay, Think A.G. Cook has more potential sound design wise. sophie's compilation kinda sucked but the songs he played live were bangers so hope he officials releases them soon

Too bad pc music isn't taking off well

I was interested that someone was using metallic sounds when I first heard but it is veeeeeery formulaic and boring
Not very experimental or harsh or fun imo

this tbqh

Night Slugs, Keysound and Crazylegs do it way better

Yeah seems that unreleased SOPHIE's stuff is the best

I find it pretty experimental - like GRM experiments in the 1950's

>this youtube.com/watch?v=BY9ejw1728w
>not harsh
i mean as far as synths go..

its not harsh
freaking dean blunt is making tracks like that.youtube.com/watch?v=rkxWkXYzVrs

I like them but the people over analyzing their work clearly aren't familiar with electronic music
all these labels are making more experimental stuff. sophie's edge is that he's taken a book from capsule and youtube.com/watch?v=2RA-lXK0c0g
to make it more accessible

lmfao that dean blunt track doesn't even come close, what are you on m8

listen i have definitely heard more harsh noise than you, and i'm saying that sophie track is harsh as far as synth sounds go. shrill, high pitched noises are generally more uncomfortable to listen to, and that track sustains the sensation.

this dean blunt track is just a bandcamp tier nothing with no similarities btw

invert some triads to 3/4 be a man

Wrong

by 3:20 he might as well have put nails on a chalkboard samples

Both artists are garbage. listen to more music
sophie ripoffs uffie and capsule
blunt is a hack
get better taste in music

I'm not saying he might as well use a soft pad or anything I just think it's overrated
Maybe just because of exposure?
I mean I sample sheet metal slams and mole crickets and use them as waveforms to generate sounds in Waves' CODEX synth but I'm just some random dude from a town with 2000 ppl so I'm sure there's thousands of people doing better stuff

yeah but you also have an awkward/mediocre singing voice while sophie gets qt girls to sing for him and then manipulates their voices to his ideal

These labels make nothing experimental.
Night Slugs put out club bangers.
Keysoubd pits out grime and dubstep.
Crazylegs puts out grime and bait-pop grime.

Touché

Could someone explain to me what exactly he is doing in these videos?

>I synthesize all sounds except for vocals using raw waveforms and different synthesis methods as opposed to using samples. This means considering the physical properties of materials and how those inform the acoustic properties. For instance -- why does a bubble have an ascending pitch when popped and why does metal clang when struck and what is this clanging sound in terms of pitch and timbre over time? How do I synthesize this? Perhaps after learning about these things it might be possible to create entirely new materials through synthesis.
>Sophie primarily uses the Elektron Monomachine and software to develop his music.[26]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektron_Monomachine

every sophie related thread is a laugh.
I know william abit and hannnnnnah
fun lads but all this shit you guys write is rubbish. get off the computer maybe play pokemon go. lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=IWr6LAX2EUE
pc forums is even worse

you are *literally* a poseur

literally is 2016 most used word by hipster
Congrats babe

Murlo and his label do it way better.
youtu.be/rbyrsIBSaJA

lol "Uffie"