Will Vektroid's music stand the test of time?

Will Vektroid's music stand the test of time?

How will it be regarded ten years from now? Twenty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AG5dFdIo_zA
youtube.com/watch?v=J5VfCmaY9qE
youtube.com/watch?v=A_h_v0rRHFI
youtube.com/watch?v=UAWQRrSZ0M8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vvbv69XfOiM
youtube.com/watch?v=TmZFnzoR2Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=W9h11k7VVwI
youtube.com/watch?v=WWNCwz8wfKo
youtube.com/watch?v=0F3zAnMHWVw
youtube.com/watch?v=h0oQQfAMCec
youtube.com/watch?v=AUUzQ78I5Ow
youtube.com/watch?v=j0XDeCASW3o
youtube.com/watch?v=O_AlsAfCkZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=dzDQqVIqoOU
youtube.com/watch?v=Kpqx4HUfMxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>her

Friendly reminder that trannies are not and never will be women.

Completely forgotten likely

OP didn't even say anything about her being a tranny. You don't have to inject Sup Forums politics into every discussion.

I literally can't have a discussion about ANY of the following people on Sup Forums because it always gets derailed by edgy Sup Forumstard idiots who never stick to the topic at hand:

>Vektroid
>Marcel
>Death Grips
>literally any remotely obscure artist or band i like (read: bandcamp-core or le viralling shilling lel)
>Car Seat Headrest

it literally goes on and fucking on. i'm sick of this shit.

No staying power at all?

Will Floral Shoppe at least be remembered?

I must bump this incredible thread.

>her

>How will it be regarded ten years from now? Twenty?
As the absolute lazy garbage that it is

Cry me a river faggot

this

>le go back to Sup Forums face
Why don't you go to Sup Forums. Hearts don't bleed here. They only ache.

thank you for proving my point idiots

For fuck's sake can we just for ONCE have a thread about Vektroid that doesn't involve tranny shitflinging?

What's his/her best album in Sup Forumss opinion?

laserdisc visions or contemporary sapporo

Neo Cali

this

I think floral shoppe will remembered, but if it will be look on as good or bad I can't say. With vaporwave becoming popular with non Sup Forumstants and music fags, it's assured.

Shader is >her best work and it will be forgotten

I agree with this desu

Shader is also pretty good

That's not even what the thread is about you fucking retard.

you know b is way more shitpost friendly if that's all you're going to do

this

nobody's gonna remember shit like new dreams ltd

vektroid is terrible. You know you're trash when looping diana ross is your most popular work.

>she

It would be different if there was anything to talk about other than the fact that he thinks he's a she.

What about his/her music?

Do you think it has any artistic merit?

If yes, why? If no, why not?

>dubs

>As the absolute lazy garbage that it is
This.
Also why would anyone 10 years later remember some garbage then even now nowadays nobody really knows about but a bunch of reddit circlejerkers

summerfriend pls go back to Sup Forums

You know there's more to Vektroid's work than just Floral Shoppe right?

Even he/she hates it

Vektroid is a faggot, but a cool faggot like Big Freedia

Vektroid has some really good releases, Mac Plus is of course somewhat classic, but then there's stuff like Sacred Tapestry and Color Ocean Road. Even though the style is totally dated, stuff like New Dreams Ltd. and Virtual Information Desk do a pretty good job of summoning a very particular vibe.

Overall one of my favorite experimental electronic artists of the past few years

>it
holy

Prismcorp Virtual Enterprises - Home is a really fucking good album too btw

Pop culture will have forgotten all about vaporwave in 10 years, music fans however will consider Vektroid the duran duran of Vaporwave.

>You know there's more to Vektroid's work than just Floral Shoppe right?
Yeah, but that is even less popular. For that you could go into a random Soundcloud/Bandcamp thread here and ask the same question, if any of the artists who post there will be remembered in 10 years.

except for people actually do listen to Vektroid's other work, it's not like soundcloud/bandcamp posts that get zero views

people collect Vektroid on cassette and CD

>people actually think vektroid is shit

this is one of the best albums of the 2010s.

Why?

>people collect Vektroid on cassette and CD
So what. Even on the Soundcloud/Bandcamp threads you will find people who sell shit and have listeners.

Only time will tell my friend. It is my opinion that it probably won't, I think a lot of her music is fantastic, but it's very of the moment and highly referential to transient cultural phenomena that will probably mean in 20 years time it will just be weird music from the 2010s lacking any wider context.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong by time though, as there's really no way we can know right now.

>Death Grips
what the fuck Death Grips threads never get derailed.
They are always full of memes.

Add Wendy Carlos to that list friend, she's actually openly trans unlike Vektroid whom only memelords on the internet assert is trans without any hard evidence. Despite being a respected musician and composer any mention of her results in a transphobia meme thread.

>without any hard evidence

Vektroid has tweeted about being trans before.

Also, pic related.

Link the tweets friendo and I'll concede. Clearly this picture betrays some masculine facial features, however many cisgendered women have unfortunately masculine facial structure.

>You know there's more to Vektroid's work than just Floral Shoppe right?
Yeah, there's some shit from it* that's even lazier than Macintosh Plus. For instance, youtube.com/watch?v=AG5dFdIo_zA

I feel trolled every time I listen to that vaporwave crap.

*instead of bickering about "he" or "she", let's call the creature an "it")

seconded

It's not worth talking about is the thing.

what is lazy about this track? is it sampled?

Vaporwave is to music what Minion image macros are to culture: an unoriginal cancerous cyst recreated and praised by braindead imbeciles.

>good music needs absolutely no context

This music crit meme needs to die.

>what is lazy about this track? is it sampled?
This character took a MIDI version of a well-known pop song and pass it off as your own, "different" thing. At least with a sample, you have to make a token effort at being creative. The audience at least listens to a new angle. There's none of that in that track. And the hipster fanbase eats it up as "revolutionary avant-garde" or some shit along those lines.

I think it must take a serious lack of insight into oneself and the world one inhabits to be entirely bemused by the concept of satire and deconstruction.

I assume you've had little experience with conceptual art, and probably no experience with avant-garde art, music, literature etc, and I can see that that is the case for a rather large number of people, potentially the majority of the adult population of the western world. What is rather unusual though is the immediate inclination to dismiss at face value that which bewilders you and to, in the manor of a reactionary, to dismiss it as meaningless and cancerous. I could attempt to explain to you the value of conceptual art, although I think I would do better by simply drawing attention to the objective craft involved in Ms Xavier's music, the simple dismissal to her often being something along the lines of "it's just Diana Ross slowed down", while one could simply say of Andy Warhol "it's just a painting of a tin of soup" or of Marcel Duchamp "it's just a urinal" or of Proust "it's just the dull and vapid life of an aristocratic layabout", or of Cage "it's just silence", one could hardly say that of 'リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー' as the structure of the song is actually changed rather dramatically in comparison to Diana Ross's 'It's your move', certainly to the point where it would be considered a remix, were it not slowed down. This is to say nothing of Xavier's project under the moniker 'Prismcorp Virtual Enterprises', which is entirely composed by Xavier herself and cannot be said to be anything slowed down or even remixed, or indeed the other tracks on Floral Shoppe most of which do not resemble their source material in any way.

To answer your(?) question in I think her best album is Home™, although I think a great many of her albums are excellent and are surprisingly diverse.

Guys, question: is just spewing copypasta? Because I can't find anything in the archive.

This is pasta right

I just wrote it but if you wish to reuse my words uncredited I give you permission.

kys

You mean xis work is derivative of Dada? A movement of art made by people too pussy to fight in the trenches therefore dismissing anyone who did as idiots? Sounds right.

All right, then. It's not pasta. Nevertheless...

>I assume you've had little experience with conceptual art, and probably no experience with avant-garde art, music, literature etc, and I can see that that is the case for a rather large number of people, potentially the majority of the adult population of the western world.
>What is rather unusual though is the immediate inclination to dismiss at face value that which bewilders you and to, in the manor of a reactionary, to dismiss it as meaningless and cancerous.
>I could attempt to explain to you the value of conceptual art

This is satire. It HAS to be satire, right?!

But they were idiots

>wanting to be blown up

Shader fo sho

Vektroid, would you please stop creating this silly threads about yourself

>A movement of art made by people too pussy to fight in the trenches
Why are you on a music board lol

I'm not sure I implied that, however I do coincidentally think that her work is derivative of Dada to some degree, certainly more so than of surrealism. The biggest influences are metaphysical art, pop art and post-pop art, take a look at The Song of Love by Chirico for instance and you'll immediately see the influence on the visual art that accompanies vaporwave music, taking a look at some of Jeff Koons' work again the influence is pretty clear, and most important is the conceptual contribution of the original pop art that eschewed traditional narratives of ownership over intellectual property and imitated commercial art and design.

>xis

>and you'll immediately see the influence on the visual art that accompanies vaporwave music
And THAT is the problem with vaporwave, at least as music. When it can't work on itself as music, needing also a miasma of visual art (trippy videos, heavy usage of Asian characters, releases in obsolete formats) to come alongside with, it's a clear sign that the music is bad.

See that banner? Those are your posts in a nutshell: "it's too sophisticated and refined for simpleton uncultured swine such as yourself".

Visual art accompanies almost all music, to a greater or lesser degree. In vaporwave's case this is particularly significant as the music plays an almost minor role, however this doesn't detract from the music, it enhances it. However, ignoring all visual aspects completely, Vektroid's music still holds up as good. The music itself references visual art, so it should be no surprise the visual art references a lot of the same visual art.

Guys, I've been going crazy trying to figure out the missing samples in this thing. I found the majority of them listed, plus some I figured out myself.

Does anyone know about these?

youtube.com/watch?v=J5VfCmaY9qE

youtube.com/watch?v=A_h_v0rRHFI

youtube.com/watch?v=UAWQRrSZ0M8

youtube.com/watch?v=Vvbv69XfOiM

youtube.com/watch?v=TmZFnzoR2Vw

youtube.com/watch?v=W9h11k7VVwI

youtube.com/watch?v=WWNCwz8wfKo

youtube.com/watch?v=0F3zAnMHWVw

youtube.com/watch?v=h0oQQfAMCec

youtube.com/watch?v=AUUzQ78I5Ow

youtube.com/watch?v=j0XDeCASW3o

youtube.com/watch?v=O_AlsAfCkZ0

youtube.com/watch?v=dzDQqVIqoOU

youtube.com/watch?v=Kpqx4HUfMxw

I don't really care about his or her personal life, but Neo Cali is in my top 10 albums of all time, coming from someone who lives right next to the beach it's a lovely album to drive to