Does Sup Forums like Hamilton?

Does Sup Forums like Hamilton?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ovje92D742s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shit made me wanna off myself ctfu

I really enjoy it. I haven't listened to every single song from the soundtrack yet, haven't had the time, but I listened to the whole first act and the last 5 songs.

Pretty emotional ending honestly, and pretty amazing when you realize the meaning of the logo. I'm not too familiar with US history, so it was pretty cool

everybody who has ever mentioned this musical to me was either an autist or a redditor plebe

so no

>PC hip hop made by a spic

gross

I'm not OP, and I'm not an autist, and I'm telling you to at least give the first track a listen. Read the lyrics along with it, it's a pretty cool ride.

What's the logo mean?

He dies in a mexican standoff with Aaron Burr. He refuses to participate, and on the call to shoot, he shoots his gun in the air as he gets shot.

oh now i remember, that guy was featured on jimmy fallon one night or some shit

it was maximum fucking overcringe

>Not rosberg
had to do this joke

>do you like sjw propaganda?

'no'

>>>/reddit/

so you're a redditor plebe

yeah

I could name a 100 better musical than fucking Hamilton.

You're not me guy

It's a hip hop musical about american history. Are you suggesting the founding fathers were sjws?

>blackwashing history

fuck that
ruining ghostbusters in the name of progressiveness was bad enough

it means david bowie killed himself instead of continuing in a world with hamilton in it

Is it a hip hop musical though?

the music is just total shit my man
like jesus christ have the people who made it even listen to rap

Yes. It quotes a ton of rap songs. I enjoyed it, it is still showtuny at parts, so if you don't like musicals I can't see you liking it. But I enjoy hip hop and musicals, so I liked.

Also I'm a girl, so I;m not "your man" :P

The founding fathers weren't a bunch of tolerant PoCs who embraced feminism like they are in this.

Look I get that people on this board try to be as hipster and contrarian, and you abide by every word that p4k shovels into your mouth, but this is a pretty fantastically written musical. It's a musical, so it's going to be very unsubtle in its lyrics obviously.

Its point is not to "blackwash history". It's a hiphop musical because that's the kind of music the writer knows best. There are black people in it because a musical that's filled with rapping white guys would be cringey as fuck. It turns all these historical figures into relatable badasses, the way they talk with very modern vernacular. Try listening to the final track and try not to feel at least SOME emotional connection to the overall message, please do, honestly

>hey guys i'm a girl :P
>likes hamilton

hey tumblr
go back

Can you name some for me? Hamilton was boring so I'd like something a bit better

>relatable badasses
This the most Reddit thing I have ever read desu. I am physically sick.

>embraced feminism

Jefferson owns slaves, none of the women can vote, nothing in the play is really about women's righs. There are a few shout outs to the audience about how the founding fathers weren't perfect, but like, I didn't find it to be particularly feminist? Also I thought casting people of color was clever. It's something you don't see very often. Do you complain when they cast white people as PoC?

beats and raps just sound like really fucking corny imitation of rap

falls short of "getting" the genre it tried to be

I'm sorry you get bothered so much by anonymous people on the internet, sounds like you have a pretty troubling life if those words bothered you so much. Listen to Guns and Ships and tell me you don't get chills at parts

Heard a song from it and I thought it was annoying, but it's got a neat concept. Plus the dude from Clipping is in it so that's cool

no. i. like. MERZBOW!

It's a hip hop musical because "Hamilton had so much to say about everything the only way I could fit it all in was with hip hop" - LMM

it's cheesy
welcome to Sup Forums boy
listened to it and turned it off after 30 seconds because it's lame

People only complain about my contributions here when they find out I'm a girl. Otherwise it's "thanks for the funk record shares!"

>Do you complain when they cast white people as PoC?

that doesn't happen because the cucks would pitch a shit fit

No they complain because you feel the need to point that out and seek attention.

No one cares if you are a girl so you don't have to say it.

absolute garbage artist mate

dude Hamilton would be fine if it wasn't constantly being shoved up my ass

I was correcting someone who called me "my man" otherwise I don't really point it out. Would you be annoyed if everyone here assumed you were a woman?

yeah and they find out because you tell them because you're an attention whore

also nice job throwing in what kind of music you like for more attention

>Do you complain when they cast white people as PoC?
I would because it'd be inaccurate. How is casting coloreds clever? It's pandering.

Not him, but The Last Airbender

>avoiding the question

>Would you be annoyed if everyone here assumed you were a woman?

no because this is an anonymous image board and none of you people have any effect on my life whatsoever

Nobody's saying it's clever, but it fits the overall sound of the musical. It fits some of the character portraits they try to paint.

I'm a 22 year old virgin and never kissed a girl will you go out with me OP will you post feet

>girl AND patrician
my dreams come true :))))
do you like swans?

bait

>Nobody's saying it's clever
>Also I thought casting people of color was clever.

Huh

I've been here for about 2 years guy. Just trying to get people to hear some stuff that illicits a huge emotional response from me that isn't melancholy like a lot of the music people here listen to does

yes i would be annoyed, if they made a movie about mingus and made him white it would be just plain retarded and unnecessary

rekt

>Putting words in my mouth to bolster your opinion

I said it fits. I didn't say it was "clever". I said it fits. Stop trying to be right all the time and you might make friends occasionally

Not really putting words in your mouth when you literally wrote the words yourself in the post I'm replying to.

No because I'm not gay or a woman

>Joseph Fiennes cast as Michael Jackson

If I remember eighth grade correctly, the bullet hit a tree branch above Burr's head, so it wasn't like he made a show of not hitting him (or it is actually possible that the gun got kicked back by the recoil and the miss was accidental, though us Americans like to accept that he let Burr win).

Haven't seen the show yet. Only seen Wicked and Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, the latter of which I thought was impressive and beautiful, but so painfully forgettable I could only remember two songs the day after seeing it. My favorites (based on recordings) are Les Miserables and Sweeney Todd. Should I watch?

lol get fucked

that describes most of Sup Forums

I said it was clever, not

That post actually wasn't me, sorry, didn't see that post before I saw your post.

Funk is a shitty genre

Future funk is cool tho.

You might as well check it out, if you have the means. I'm not a huge fan of Phantom or Sweeney Todd but I do like Les Mis.

op are you really girl? do u have kik?

>found the pleb

>Just trying to get people to hear some stuff that illicits a huge emotional response from me
youtube.com/watch?v=Ovje92D742s
idk dude it's kinda boring

>2016 not liking Thomas "clipping." Jefferson

Why do people think I'm OP?

I might like it if they made with actual rap instead of this awkward bastardization of rap and showtunes. Plus the instrumentals are sooooo tepid

die

I guess you may need context. When you're introduced to Lafayette, he has a lot of problems with pronunciation. Then he comes busting in with this fast vocabulary and it's pretty inspiring I guess

this is on the level of will smith raps

family friendly rated g kids stuff. pure cheese.

Hey guys, op here, I am a cute girl. Add me on snapchat nicebutt69

How would you feel about having sex with a black man on camera?

look at the man who has never listened to it.

montie recently i've finally begun to appreciate you

The J. Cole of musicals