Today is Lee Morgan's birthday.

What's your favorite recording of Lee Morgan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFH7YQ-2U2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jazz is boring.

You mean "I'm boring."

i've only heard sidewinder and new land but i liked both

No, I mean to have said exactly what my statement literally means, which is "Jazz is lacking in the ability to captivate me".

where 2 go after sidewinder

You should consider the possibility that maybe you're lacking in the ability to be captivated by jazz.

Cornbread

Considered and rejected based on the fact that it's jazz's fault because I am too cool to lack such an ability.

Why have I never heard of this masterpiece

I hate it when that happens

Must every /jazz/ general fall into jazz fusion?

I never really liked the sidewinder too much, but this version of I Remember Clifford always captivated me

youtube.com/watch?v=zFH7YQ-2U2w

oh shit cool I love lee
cornbread might be my favorite
title track is
fantastic
charisma is good too and it has fun cover art

Who do you think is changing jazz the most right now? I would say the most important innovators right now are Kamasi, Christian Scott and The Bad Plus

Kendrick Lamar desu

innovative =/= good

That being said, I'd say Steve Lehman is one of the more innovative jazz artists atm regardless of how good his music actually is. David Virelles also.

Every band is going to start sounding like BBNG now

Can't say I've delved much into Morgan's solo discography but he sure has played on a lot of records I love like pic related. Maybe my favorite recording would be Armageddon off of Wayne Shorter's Night Dreamer.

Mats Gustafsson. John Zorn

I wouldn't exactly primarily characterize fire orchestra as fusion.

Must every jazz thread eventually mention John Zorn

apparently there's two avishai cohen's who are signed(?) to ECM. Kind of like how there are two Bill Evans who played with Miles Davis, who also collaborated with a Gil Evans

the bass playing one is not signed to ECM