What's up with the screaming? is the lead singer ok?

what's up with the screaming? is the lead singer ok?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SuZihC43GTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just regular screamo vocals, he's expressing his suburban frustration.

I know this is the most pleb thing to say but I would have loved this album if it wasn't for the vocals

i still love it, but the vocals make it kinda annoying. i generally dont like metal, though.

>screamo
triggered

>i generally dont like metal
faggy

sorry! any good recommendations to change my mind? admittedly i havent listened to much.

Blackgaze was a mistake

Reminder that
Sunbather > Anything Liturgy pulled out

>i generally don't like metal
how is it relevant?
deafheaven is screamogaze, it has no connection with metal.

I always feel weird when people say these things.
"I dont like it because vocals" or something else. For me its about the mood, energy and 'wholeness' of the music.

>screamogaze
>screamo
>no connection to metal

really great post m8

Try this. It's a really varied album that shows metal at its most inventive imo. It's my AOTY so far by quite a margin.

Most people are never able to hear the "wholeness" myself including. It's jarring and I always end up hearing either the screaming or the music with annoying screaming under

I think it propably has to do with what active parts of your brain you're using and how active they are. We know that face recognition and such is literally buildt into our brains and it's the same for voices.
For me calm soothing voices are comfortable enough that they can dissipate into the noise but high pitched screaming is way too jarring.

It probably has to do with empathy or something and metal fags turn out to be sociopaths I'm sure.

screamo is a variant of punk rock, not of metal

>reducing aesthetics to neurology
oh for fuck's sake

Went to their show here in south america since it is fucking rare to a band like Deafheaven to come here in Brazi.

I think it was the best show I ever went in my fucking life, holy shit. The crowd was in a fucking bliss and George asked everyone to invade the stage and start crowd surfing during Dream house, when the show ended, there were 20 people in the stage jumping around. You don't see this elsewhere.

>ever using the term aesthetics unironically
oh for fuck's sake

Jesus christ. This is one of my main gripes, and it seems to occur with both people that aren't all that interested in music as well as people that are. Genres can be kinda useful as a way of exploring similar music to some that you've heard or explaining roughly what sort of sounds you enjoy. Genres should not be used to define a piece of music, it's literally arguing over tagging. Just discuss the art not the labels.

youtube.com/watch?v=SuZihC43GTM

I mean aesthetics as a field of study you retard

screamo just doesn't sound like black metal.
It sounds roughly reminiscent of black metal but it's straight-up not the same thing.

He is mad his music sucks shit

I feel like that's a very surface level comment on it though. It may have elements of sounds that fall under the banner of black metal and it might have vocals that fall under the banner of screamo. There's no right way to define an album's genre.

>it's not right to define Transylvanian Hunger as a Black Metal album
that's what you're implying right now.

I only like the vocals